Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 05:13 PM

58 posts, read 174,812 times

Advertisements

Nero fiddled while Rome burned
And ulterior motive people will always lie and brag how great something is, even when it's not, just to make a sale or try to 'tout' an area to unsuspecting people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 07:59 PM

49 posts, read 188,546 times
Pointing out high crime area's is fine I have no problem's with that. Just make sure you communicate the correct locations when discussing the "crime box". There are many areas in West and NW Bradenton that are great communities that are not in the crime box.
No not a realtor and not interested to sale my home either. Actually, its pretty nice at 36 to have only 3 years to go to have our house paid for. We played it smart and bought low and paid extra every month. No equity loans like everyone esle. Currently have property in North Florida to retire to some day.

Again, the areas I stand by to stay away from is anywhere East of 26th St and South of Cortez. Best locations in West Bradenton, West of 43rd St into 34209 all the way to the beaches.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:25 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,713,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2007 View Post
Nero fiddled while Rome burned
And ulterior motive people will always lie and brag how great something is, even when it's not, just to make a sale or try to 'tout' an area to unsuspecting people.

I'd be more likely to lie to keep people AWAY from me...not to bring them in closer proximity. I think people need to stay where they're born, and never move.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:07 PM

414 posts, read 1,246,998 times
[quote=tropics;3450851. Actually, its pretty nice at 36 to have only 3 years to go to have our house paid for. We played it smart and bought low and paid extra every month. No equity loans like everyone esle. Currently have property in North Florida to retire to some day.[/quote]

Tropics,
You have found the key to financial success. When I finished graduate school I decided to let everyone else buy the BMWs and fancy watches. My wife and I decided to invest our money and spend less than we earn. We are now 54 and 53 and we are reaping the rewards of our frugality.
You and your spouse have it figured out. Congrats.

smiledoc1

Old 04-14-2008, 08:36 PM

smiledoc1,

Thank you!

I will admit sometimes my husband and I look at all the lovely new homes our friends recently built and we ponder but then we realize that our home is perfect for us and we will continue to make small changes to it to make it even better. We are so fortunate to have my grandmother who is 90 years old down the road and my parents in NW Bradenton 3 miles away. We are happy our family is content and we have great neighbors. We continued to get excited to be mortgage free in three years. At that time we will begin to put additional funds in our property in North Florida for the day we can retire and enjoy the river and country life.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:34 PM

45 posts, read 145,155 times
Default No way..

Many of my friends are teachers in Bradenton and I also have many friends that are police officers. They are telling me how bad the crime has gotten in West Bradenton in the past few years. One of my friends teachers students who live between 26th street and 34th street and you would not believe the stories of crime the students and their parents share. Horrible! We are saving our money to move elsewhere. I do not care if Bradenton has a beach or manatees swimming in the water. Heck, if I were some of those manatees, I would be leaving!!! Gangs, crime, and property values are just awe ful. It has come to the point where I do not go out at night, and I live in a nice area. Bradenton is a horrible place (period). Some people may still think it is nice, but they do not hear the same things I do on a daily basis. If you live there, get double locks and stay in at nighttime. Run as fast as you can! I hate it with a passion and am counting my days in this horrible city.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,713,716 times
I have a question?

If the criminals live in a NICE neighborhood, does that make them less criminal? If only nice people live in a BAD neighborhood, does it mean that the neighborhood is wracked with crime?

Crime happens EVERYWHERE. Believe it or not, it EVEN happens in your "small towns". The severity of the crime might not be the same...but they do exist. It might be Bubba gets drunk and loud every weekend...but Monday to Friday, he works hard for his money. If you double park...you've committed a "crime"...and someone might respond by keying your car.

Just the other day, we ran into someone who parked across parking spaces. They already had someone in front of them. My girlfriend said that if she hadn't already parked...she would have parked BEHIND them to block them in.

I think the biggest crime is people who think they're better than others!

Old 04-28-2008, 07:47 PM

lostinflorida
I hope you are able to move soon, as I can not imagine living in a location that you hate so much.

For me I enjoy Bradenton and make a very good living. Great neigbors, friends, church and family. I hope you can find a place to make you feel "Happy" in life, as life will past you by quickly.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:39 PM

162 posts, read 230,163 times
Re Siesta Key's Village bars--how did the poster forget SKOB--Siesta Key Oyster Bar which is the most popular place on the key and has buck fifty drafts until 10 when they drop to 75 cents!! Entertainment nightly including a band with one of Greg Allman's players--and don't forget Kelly, one of the prettiest bartenders anywhere. Btw, I have nothing to do with the place, just a snowbird who enjoys it.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:06 AM

5 posts, read 11,171 times
How are home prices there and work right now? Looking to come scouting within a couple of days. Would appreciate input. Love the progressive lifestyle.
Thanks,
NDK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area