Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:53 PM

14 posts, read 69,408 times

Advertisements

I'm moving in to Bradenton in March 2009. off 53rd Ave. E. beyond Walmart. I was so excited, and then I started reading all the negative things about Bradenton. Then I read some very racist comments that have me concerned about the the people I might be living in the same city with. Thank goodness I got to your post before I became completely depressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2007 View Post
If people are attacked for pointing out crime and high crime areas, the attackers of such posters either have 1. ulterior motives, 2. they may want to sell a place in a gang or crime infested area, 3. they are in denial, and try to play down the crime 4. they insult the poster or say no crime exists because maybe they are a criminal.
Florida leads the nation in foreclosures and when I posted data on white collar mortgage crime, massive foreclosures and seller inflated price gouging, the posters in sarasota laughed and talked about "getting drunk in fishnet stockings at the hookers ball"
meanwhile sarasota has more poverty level income long time residents on welfare who can not even afford adequite nutrition, more so then many other counties.

Lesson: People online LIE, and they LIE often, and they LIE a lot online for self serving reasons that are not in other peoples best interests.
One guy bragging he lived in a million dollar home in siesta key was really a broke realtor living in his car and a phone booth trolling the internet looking for a sucker.....er I mean buyer.
Publishing crime data HELPS to get the crime in an area cleaned up. Duh, it is called community watch and warning others,
As far as all the touts and salesmen with ulterior motives, that post online..
Remember: The wisdom of a snake is to HIDE itself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 10:44 PM

473 posts, read 1,169,989 times
jay2007 certainly has some legitimite issues and that is the only kind thing I can say about that person.
Reading his venom is what inspired me to write my first post which got me a nasty response from carbondated and a warning from sunnydee I believe.
I have not seen his rantings in some time though.
I will say that he raised some serious concerns about a variety of topics but my god the way he presented his points makes one want to, er, nervermind. I like it here and don't want to be banned :-) but he needs some balance in life. It is not all the doom and greed that he believes.
It is funny that he is right on so many points but delivers his message with such style that even if you agree with him, you can't due to his presentation of facts and figures and his beliefs!

Old 02-08-2009, 09:18 AM

17,574 posts, read 39,258,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslilrose View Post
I'm moving in to Bradenton in March 2009. off 53rd Ave. E. beyond Walmart. I was so excited, and then I started reading all the negative things about Bradenton. Then I read some very racist comments that have me concerned about the the people I might be living in the same city with. Thank goodness I got to your post before I became completely depressed.

I live in Sarasota, actually right smack between Bradenton and Sarasota. Personally, I can't even begin to describe how much me and my hubby LOVE this area. It is incredibly diverse and interesting in every imaginable way. People here are very friendly, and my opinion is one gets as good as they give - in other words, just follow the Golden Rule! I think you will love it here - this area has a lot to offer - it is not nearly as bad as some of the posts would have you believe! And I have nothing to sell or gain by posting positive comments, I honestly, truly love this place with a passion and there is NOWHERE else I would rather live!

Enjoy, life is good!

Old 05-28-2009, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,340 times
I see there is some differences of opinion about this so-called "crime box". I'd like to point out that according to the article, it was a term coined by the sheriff's office about areas in their jurisdiction. Manatee County Sheriff's Office does not report on or investigate crimes in BRADENTON. They are Manatee County. Many of these "high crime" areas to which you refer are not even in Bradenton. DeSoto Square Mall? Not in Bradenton - it is in unincorporated Manatee County. Bayshore? NOT Bradenton - Manatee County.
Also, according to reports by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Bradenton has a lower crime rate than Sarasota per capita.
I'm not saying Bradenton doesn't have it's problems, but most of the problem areas you are discussing aren't even in Bradenton.
BTW, I've lived in Venice, Sarasota, Bradenton and Palmetto. They all have good and bad areas.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:38 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,305,691 times
I agree. I have to say I have found more questionable areas in Sarasota then I have in Bradenton. I hate when I have to go down Fruitville or Bee Ridge, those areas are dirty and run down. University Park area in Sarasota is nice.

Like BSG said, each area has good and bad. You really just have to check each area out.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:55 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,116,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradentonSarasotaGal View Post
I see there is some differences of opinion about this so-called "crime box". I'd like to point out that according to the article, it was a term coined by the sheriff's office about areas in their jurisdiction. Manatee County Sheriff's Office does not report on or investigate crimes in BRADENTON. They are Manatee County. Many of these "high crime" areas to which you refer are not even in Bradenton. DeSoto Square Mall? Not in Bradenton - it is in unincorporated Manatee County. Bayshore? NOT Bradenton - Manatee County.
Also, according to reports by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Bradenton has a lower crime rate than Sarasota per capita.
I'm not saying Bradenton doesn't have it's problems, but most of the problem areas you are discussing aren't even in Bradenton.
BTW, I've lived in Venice, Sarasota, Bradenton and Palmetto. They all have good and bad areas.
Hey BradentonSarasotaGal,
Welcome to the board, I saw this was your first post. You make some good points, and yes there is a lot of discussions about the Crime in Bradenton, and where it is and how it is reported, or not. . . You're post helps explain it better, although, I as a guy whose learning the area still, not that familiar with the jurisdictional breaks and boundaries up there. I live in PGI, and love it here. I think that the Sarasota area is really nice, I've heard that Bradenton is as well. I look forward to hearing more about the area, and what you think are some of the nice parts of Bradenton, I usually hear more about the crime, and the back and forth about it.

As one who doesn't know that much about Bradenton, what do you think are the nicer aspects that would lure me up to visit? I know flirting with you would be a plus and an immediate draw! j/k Just so you know - I flirt with everyone.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:35 PM

2 posts, read 7,179 times
Quote:
I live in Sarasota, actually right smack between Bradenton and Sarasota. Personally, I can't even begin to describe how much me and my hubby LOVE this area. It is incredibly diverse and interesting in every imaginable way. People here are very friendly, and my opinion is one gets as good as they give - in other words, just follow the Golden Rule! I think you will love it here - this area has a lot to offer - it is not nearly as bad as some of the posts would have you believe! And I have nothing to sell or gain by posting positive comments, I honestly, truly love this place with a passion and there is NOWHERE else I would rather live!
Gypsychic and I must be neighbors in the 34243 area. I live on Magellan Drive in Whitfield Estates on Bowlees Creek and just North of the airport a few miles. I am the very last of the first generation owners, (everyone else has died off). My fanily and I bought our home new in 1955 and this is my 55th year coming up.. I have made a good living as a plumber working the area and while you all can talk about the "Crime Box" I don't go walking around East Bradenton after dark and I don't hang in those areas. We moved down from Wisconsin way back when but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars that I was allowed to grow old. (I'm 82) in the location of my choice. Ya want style, pick Sarasota! Ya want just plain nice folks, pick Bradenton and if ya want quiet go live in Venice.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:11 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,168,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
No, I am not. I didn't even know about this forum until I heard about it on Bay News 9 a few months ago. ?

yet you joined in 2007 and have made 15000 posts ????????

Old 08-09-2009, 02:10 PM

3 posts, read 12,463 times
GYPSYCHIC

which city do u live in exactly? my husband and I are planning to move to Sarasota or somewhere better or closer.

charandscott

Old 08-09-2009, 04:18 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,755,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
yet you joined in 2007 and have made 15000 posts ????????
Well let's see, that post was made on 04-13-2008, over a year ago. If you look at my record, my numbers have gone up within the past year, especially in City-Data games, where if have gotten 15,000 posts. There are members on here that have more posts than I do and they haven't been a member as long as I have. Why you quote that portion of the post from over a year ago is questionable. It would be appreciated if you stick to the topic please, which is not about me. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area