Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 02:57 PM

162 posts, read 388,580 times

Advertisements

Hello

Are there many restaurants that are ocean front in St. Petersburg?

Also...is there a board (or concrete lol etc.) walk between sand and restaurants/shopping?

Not sure if that was asked well enough!

I want to know if you can walk along the *beach* either in the sand or on a man made walkway and walk up to restaurants and some shops...mom and pop type even that are ocean facing?

Most intersted in St.Petes b/c it will likely have the better job offers for my husband to consider (He is a master level auto *technician*...OK, mechanic LOL They just say tech now )

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 08:21 AM

It took a few searches but I found this site... Beachfront Dining in St. Pete/Clearwater | St Petersburg Clearwater, FL Beach Vacations

Only question left is about a *boardwalk* type of thing...is there one along St. Petes' beaches anywhere? Doing a search so far, has not provided that answer
Thanks

Old 10-31-2012, 09:07 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyPlaces View Post
It took a few searches but I found this site... Beachfront Dining in St. Pete/Clearwater | St Petersburg Clearwater, FL Beach Vacations

Only question left is about a *boardwalk* type of thing...is there one along St. Petes' beaches anywhere? Doing a search so far, has not provided that answer
Thanks
There are no boardwalks. Bradenton beaches have a number of waterfront restaurants along with many neat little shops along Gulf Blvd. You might want to visit that area (Anna Maria Island). In Sarasota, you can visit St. Armand's Circle for a lot of shops and restaurants, not ON the beach but just a block from Lido Beach.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:27 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,663,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyPlaces View Post
Thanks
As gypsychic pointed out, there aren't any boardwalks like what you describe.

Clearwater Beach has a couple of blocks of walkable area right at the south end of the beach, but you still have to cross Gulfview Blvd to get to the beach (but the road is the only thing between this area and the beach so there is at least a view).

There's also Johns Pass between Treasure Island and Madeira Beach. It's a shopping village with a boardwalk, but it's not on the beach so again you have to cross Gulf Blvd. There used to be a walkway from the village to the beach that went under the bridge, but it's been years since I've been there so I can't verify that it's still there.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:59 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times
Not on the beach but on the water:

Salty Dog at Mote
That shack by Salty Dog
Turtles
Ophilia's
Marina Jack

Anna Maria

Beach House
Sand Bar

Both are on the ocean.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:35 PM

Thank you Gypsychick!

I have a feeling the best job for my husband will likely be St.Petes...but I know he will look into most areas

Just trying to get a feeling from those who live there...rather than only advertisements online LOL The pics and info are often just a bit skewed

At least I can have an idea of what to expect!
Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
There are no boardwalks. Bradenton beaches have a number of waterfront restaurants along with many neat little shops along Gulf Blvd. You might want to visit that area (Anna Maria Island). In Sarasota, you can visit St. Armand's Circle for a lot of shops and restaurants, not ON the beach but just a block from Lido Beach.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:40 PM

Well...crossing the blvd then getting to the beach for some restaurants etc is perfectly fine....much better than what we have found in other eastern states for the most part

We are actually looking more for restaurants with the ocean view more than the shopping...but I wanted to know anyway

I am excited to know there ARE restaurants where you can sit outside (or in lol) and enjoy the ocean without looking across the highway to do so!!

Wish we did not have to wait a few months to come check it out, but that is better than never getting there

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
As gypsychic pointed out, there aren't any boardwalks like what you describe.

Clearwater Beach has a couple of blocks of walkable area right at the south end of the beach, but you still have to cross Gulfview Blvd to get to the beach (but the road is the only thing between this area and the beach so there is at least a view).

There's also Johns Pass between Treasure Island and Madeira Beach. It's a shopping village with a boardwalk, but it's not on the beach so again you have to cross Gulf Blvd. There used to be a walkway from the village to the beach that went under the bridge, but it's been years since I've been there so I can't verify that it's still there.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:43 PM

LOL...on the water is of course even better! I saw that there are a few on the beach as well in other areas so it appears we will not lack for ocean view while dining...or having a soda...or whatever

Thanks for the list! I will print it and save to check all of them out when we get there........

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Not on the beach but on the water:

Salty Dog at Mote
That shack by Salty Dog
Turtles
Ophilia's
Marina Jack

Anna Maria

Beach House
Sand Bar

Both are on the ocean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area