Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 04:20 PM

9 posts, read 5,743 times

Advertisements

There is a site where you (I) can check the status of my mail-in ballot. (it seems to be a multi-step procedure which isn't all that clear)

At the moment, Thursday evening after Tuesday's election, mine's Status still shows a date of "Nov 6" with status as "received by Elections Office on 10/25/2018".

How do I know if my ballot has been counted or "tabulated"? Will this site update later to show this information? thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 04:35 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
That is precisely why we always vote in person. We don't trust the system. If you cannot vote in person, there are many volunteers on both sides who will drive you and assist thereafter. If you travel, vote early in person.

If there is a situation I'm not thinking of, please forgive me. I don't mean to sound unempathetic.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
If there is a situation I'm not thinking of, please forgive me. I don't mean to sound unempathetic.
Thank you for your comments. No apologies necessary! :- )

Old 11-08-2018, 05:18 PM

I am apalled by our voting turnout numbers. I'd gladly drive people to the polls who might vote against my wishes. I will carry you if I must to the ballot box. No need to say a word. I live in Sarasota county, and if you do too, and need help to vote for either party, I will get you there. Sorry I failed to post this earlier. I feel bad for that.

I'm an American first, and a Conservative a distant 2nd. Can we please get voter turnout to near 100%...please! 60% is pathetic, and doesn't honor our veterans.

Next election cycle I'll try to remember to revive this offer. I'm sorry if I failed you this time around.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:16 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,070,521 times
It's good that there is early voting but the official voting on a Tuesday is dumb. There should be a movement to change voting to Saturday or Sunday. I'm sure turn out would be much higher.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:05 PM

Update: okay, now the Official Sarasota County website shows my vote as "...has been tabulated". This was within the past few minutes. I figured it would show up tomorrow or the next day, although I wasn't really certain if/how this worked and if I was just to accept it on faith. So there is a reporting system, and it does work.

I don't know what recourse there would be if the ballot was never tabulated. But in such a case contacting the admin would be the first step.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:09 AM

733 posts, read 759,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I am apalled by our voting turnout numbers. I'd gladly drive people to the polls who might vote against my wishes. I will carry you if I must to the ballot box. No need to say a word. I live in Sarasota county, and if you do too, and need help to vote for either party, I will get you there. Sorry I failed to post this earlier. I feel bad for that.

I'm an American first, and a Conservative a distant 2nd. Can we please get voter turnout to near 100%...please! 60% is pathetic, and doesn't honor our veterans.

Next election cycle I'll try to remember to revive this offer. I'm sorry if I failed you this time around.
Good for you, a very kind offer. We all obviously have our views on issues, some stronger than others. But God Bless America, and the fact that we can freely voice our opinions and freely vote in our elections.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:12 AM

361 posts, read 258,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wessleman View Post
Update: okay, now the Official Sarasota County website shows my vote as "...has been tabulated". This was within the past few minutes. I figured it would show up tomorrow or the next day, although I wasn't really certain if/how this worked and if I was just to accept it on faith. So there is a reporting system, and it does work.

I don't know what recourse there would be if the ballot was never tabulated. But in such a case contacting the admin would be the first step.
Thanks for posting this!

I always vote by mail, check to see that it's been received, but never knew they further update the web-status to "tabulated". Good info.

Old 11-09-2018, 02:27 PM

Thx so much for posting this and letting us know how it ended. nowing your mail-in ballot got counted is a huge relief.

I never thought they had that capability, so I'm totally changing my view on voting by mail now.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:39 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,070,521 times
Good thing OP wasn't waiting for notification if we were operating under Broward County standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area