Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:41 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,033 times

Advertisements

i will hopefully be moving to bradenton 34202 in the next 5mos or so..
im looking for a home with a seperate inlaw setup and a pool.
$250,000. is my max. i am seeing alot of homes in the range that are beautiful but no inlaw.
and most homes are in gated communities. i would think there are restrictions about adding one in these communities.
i would love an acre but i think im dreaming.
where are the non deed restricted neighborhoods? i guess people arnt selling their homes in these neighborhoods because im not finding any online.
we dont have the gated thing much in CT.
i dont think i would like it.
we are quiet people and like to keep to ourselves.
lol..... i visited a friend a couple weeks ago in bradenton and how much drama in her neighborhood. everyone knows everything and bickers constantly.
the kids and the parents are so involved in everyones lifes..
like desperate housewives. lol.
this is what worries me about the tight community living. i want to go home at the end of the day and shhhhh... not worry if i waved to my neighbor the right way or something silly. im very sensitive and i would be cookoo with all that. i love people and make friends very quick but sometimes you just need a quite home life to get away from it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,014 times
I agree with you- I taught in a school in East Manatee, in a nice deed restricted area and I understand your concerns. I felt it just working in the neighborhood! My husband and I are very similar to you, we don't want to be "bothered" with neighbors so to speak. We keep to ourselves and are social among our small circle of family and friends. In the direction your looking into, they are all deed restricted communities and in that area, you may be dealing with the drama. Deed restriction is a good thing though, it keeps the neighborhood nice. I wouldn't buy in a non deed restricted. The homes would be older, making insurance outrageous. The newer neighborhoods are all deed restricted, at least here in FL. We are from Chicago and don't have many out there either. We moved here 2 years ago and had no luck finding any- simply because its what they do out here. It's not necessarily out of the question to build another "suite" it depends what the actual restrictions are. In many cases, you would just need a permit. However, if it's allowed you will be dealing with the nosey, catty neighbors that dislike the idea..Have you looked into Parrish? Its just North of the area you are looking at. My husband and I are headed that way in the future. Very nice homes, very affordable, deed restrictions but friendly, quiet country setting (just the right amount of friendliness). You can get a nice 4 BR for 230. We avoided East Bradenton for the very reasons you are concerned..Like I said, I taught in the area for a year and ran far away!

Last edited by Oobie119; 03-24-2008 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: adding info

Old 03-24-2008, 09:18 AM

20 posts, read 55,107 times
Sounds like your friend lives in the Lakewood Ranch area. It is a very young and involved master planned community which has affected many of the surrounding neighborhoods in a good way. But it your not into it, there are many other options. I won't try to sell you, but will be happy to guide you. If you would like me to help, then I'd be glad to! Parrish is a very nice area, still somewhat Rural, but the new communities are all deed restricted. Right now, if you have time to look there are many great opportunities. Just be ready to go. There is a non-deed restricted community in the middle of a golf course just north of University which may have the best potential for what you want to do. The homes are a bit older, some updated, but all are very nice. Some parts of the neighborhood are close, but you can keep to yourself because many of the original residence were retired and are, well, the families are selling the estates.
Let me know if you would like more info about anything. I'll write it here or send it to you personally. I have grown up in this area. There is definitely something for everyone!

Last edited by Keeper; 03-25-2008 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: realtor comment

Old 03-24-2008, 12:39 PM

i was checking out parrish... schools arent rated as good as east bradenton area. schools are most important to us. my friend doesnt live in a deed restricted neighborhood actually. i like that. the homes are a mix. i actually was looking into a forclosure but unfortunately, its going on auction april 5.
it was perfect, inlaw, pool and an acre and 1/2. but unfortunately... have to wait.
i am working with a realator and went around when i was visiting. but i didnt like to much. loved braden pines! just not very away from the hustle. i hear that is a good developement. i saw country creek and didnt like it much. grey hawk is to congested and to deed restricted. i just am wondering about other neighborhoods so when i am ready i have a good idea of what im looking for so i can jump quick. my realator is just waiting for the sale of my house so we can get serious. i just want to look online to keep me happy. i love looking at houses. found a perfect one in braden woods. everything i wanted but 475,000. lol. hope the rates keep dropping and prices too.!!! cant wait to join ya all!!!

Old 03-25-2008, 07:23 AM

The schools in Parrish are still in Manatee county. The only reason they are not A rated is because they are new. The administration at Williams is from an A school. She has a great reputation and was moved this year. Williams just opened this year as did Buffalo Creek Middle.. Mills isn't quite as good but nearby is Witt and Freedom in E Bradenton.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
The schools in Parrish are still in Manatee county. The only reason they are not A rated is because they are new. The administration at Williams is from an A school. She has a great reputation and was moved this year. Williams just opened this year as did Buffalo Creek Middle.. Mills isn't quite as good but nearby is Witt and Freedom in E Bradenton.
gene witt and robert willis in bradenton and ashton in sarasota are the zones so far..
i am thinking parrish is going to be catching up, when will i see the rateings?
i still have time to be sure, schools are soo important.
how far is parrish from sarasota and beaches?
i have been looking at the houses in parrish. my friend also told me to look in parrish.
so parrish is also close to gene witt. you cant pick your school within a certain distance right?
thanx so much for all this helpful info.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:21 AM

177 posts, read 257,525 times
Hi Hdzup,
I said I wouldn't be on here again but it gets a little addictive and I have posted which I didn't plan to do/lol
I saw here you don't like Grey Hawk and we LOVE it,so that proves everyone has a different Idea of things :-)I suppose I am not a true country girl,used to the busy north and love the country feel in East Bradenton but a northern type community/rofl
My Husband is happy not to have to worry about keeping a big back yard.Loves the idea of no snow to worry about plowing.

I don't think you would like that place on the Golf Course(I don't),it is called Greenfield Planation(off the Upper Manatee Rd,like Greyhawk,you must have passed it and the homes are older.Here in Fl it is good to get a home that was built later than 2003,since your home insurance will be better because the homes are up to code.No woodeen homes.
btw/Cape Coral,is having big problems with real estate.Cheap houses going.I don't know that area.This is the area we wanted.Up to date and all new.
If you are going to be happy here,make sure of emloyment as I have said before.
Lakewood Ranch has just announced they are going to build a bowling Alley,plus a downtown type city for the Lakewood Ranch people to have,though of course other communities will be allowed to shop there.Also on Lakewood Ranch Main St they are going to have a market made to the same order as the one in Boston.I like that idea.Though they have said they plan to build more homes,I don't like that.Plus wonder since so many homes are already built,who will buy them. I know Lakewood Ranch doesn't want to stagnate,like many places are dong in this economy and feel if they keep up making it better,more people will be drawn to buy there.
I don't want this area to build up too much.Not that I know an area that doesn't with time,like in the north east.
Funny but I saw your post when I first came on here and I am curious to see where you go.
Curiuos to see how things go for you.
I don't think I will be pushed off of the Florida site by Negative remarks but perhaps I can add something as I myself become more of a Floridian(not sure I will ever be anything but a N.E/Yankee :-)
Keep Posting.

Last edited by New England Yankee; 03-25-2008 at 09:31 AM..

Old 03-25-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Yankee View Post
Hi Hdzup,
I said I wouldn't be on here again but it gets a little addictive and I have posted which I didn't plan to do/lol
I saw here you don't like Grey Hawk and we LOVE it,so that proves everyone has a different Idea of things :-)I suppose I am not a true country girl,used to the busy north and love the country feel in East Bradenton but a northern type community/rofl
My Husband is happy not to have to worry about keeping a big back yard.Loves the idea of no snow to worry about plowing.

I don't think you would like that place on the Golf Course(I don't),it is called Greenfield Planation(off the Upper Manatee Rd,like Greyhawk,you must have passed it and the homes are older.Here in Fl it is good to get a home that was built later than 2003,since your home insurance will be better because the homes are up to code.No woodeen homes.
btw/Cape Coral,is having big problems with real estate.Cheap houses going.I don't know that area.This is the area we wanted.Up to date and all new.
If you are going to be happy here,make sure of emloyment as I have said before.
Lakewood Ranch has just announced they are going to build a bowling Alley,plus a downtown type city for the Lakewood Ranch people to have,though of course other communities will be allowed to shop there.Also on Lakewood Ranch Main St they are going to have a market made to the same order as the one in Boston.I like that idea.Though they have said they plan to build more homes,I don't like that.Plus wonder since so many homes are already built,who will buy them. I know Lakewood Ranch doesn't want to stagnate,like many places are dong in this economy and feel if they keep up making it better,more people will be drawn to buy there.
I don't want this area to build up too much.Not that I know an area that doesn't with time,like in the north east.
Funny but I saw your post when I first came on here and I am curious to see where you go.
Curiuos to see how things go for you.
I don't think I will be pushed off of the Florida site by Negative remarks but perhaps I can add something as I myself become more of a Floridian(not sure I will ever be anything but a N.E/Yankee :-)
Keep Posting.
you made me smile!
i am also very curious to see how this all turns out for us! i love all the homes i see in grey hawk but like i mentioned. i have inlaws moving with us. need the inlaw set up. and no restrictions..
i dont really know about the job thing, i am a very established hairdresser here in CT but dont want to start over. i will always do hair on the side im sure. im thinking a state or goverment job so i have security for the future. time to think ahead.
ive also learned not to get to upset with the negetivity on here and yes, i agree, very addicting. i love to talk and i cant much with a 3 and 5 yr old. lol
im frying my brain searching online for homes... im not ready yet but i have a feeling its going to happen very fast.
my house will be on market april 1. i bet your so happy in florida. i cant wait to join in. its so hard here, we just dont go outside much until april, may. kids are so board.
i was cracking up the other day, i look out the window, there are my two little girls all dressed in snow pants, hats gloves. bundled up and sitting in the sand box with shovels and pails trying to find the sand! my little one kept toppling over with all her puff and fluff. couldnt move. then they tried the swings, they kept scraping the snow cuz it was too high and they slipped and slid when they tryed to get off. when they came in.. their hands were frozen because they took off the gloves.
poor kids.
like i said, i cant wait to be there. this has been the longest winter ever i think.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:09 AM

Witt and Willis are in East Bradenton which is about 30 minutes from the Beach. Parrish is just North of there, so Id say its about a 40 minute ride to the beaches depending on how far out there you go. Williams is technically the only elementary school that services Parrish according to the county However, I think you can attend Willis also from that area.. Im not trying to steer you away from E Btown, I just know how congested it can be, Im just a fan of the more open areas. Keep in mind though, Manatee County is one of the best districts in Florida. They have the highest paid teachers around and all teachers are considered highly qualified. : )

Old 03-26-2008, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Witt and Willis are in East Bradenton which is about 30 minutes from the Beach. Parrish is just North of there, so Id say its about a 40 minute ride to the beaches depending on how far out there you go. Williams is technically the only elementary school that services Parrish according to the county However, I think you can attend Willis also from that area.. Im not trying to steer you away from E Btown, I just know how congested it can be, Im just a fan of the more open areas. Keep in mind though, Manatee County is one of the best districts in Florida. They have the highest paid teachers around and all teachers are considered highly qualified. : )
i go on the great schools site. and on it, manatee is the best. i have told my realator that schools are the most important.
i really appreciate your opinion. i dont know enough to make a huge judgement call yet.. things change quickly in florida so im sure the school systems will have to keep up with the population. its starting to spread into the parrish area so im sure the schools will be great as it gets populated, right? that seems to be the bradenton deal. alot of newer schools. alot of newer everything. lol, everytime i visit there is something new.
more for the money rite now is a good thing and i think if we make a smart choice now we will be happier later and wont have to move...
i really loved sarasota in the beginning of it all. that was my place. i still love it but need to find out about the taxes.
this is all so crazy. lol. i cant believe im moving to florida!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area