Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 07:11 PM

8,179 posts, read 4,654,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
A plastic bag can substitute for a glove. A piece of stiff cardboard can substitute for a shovel. It really is that simple.

1. Cover hands with bags. Check for holes in the bags, first. Tape at the wrist if you want to.

2. Take two more bags and put one inside the other.

3. Scoop up the squirrel corpse with the cardboard.

4. Dump the dead critter in the double bag.

5. Put the cardboard in the bag with the deceased animal.

6. Remove bags from hands, turning them inside out as you do so in such a fashion that your hands do not touch the part of the bag that touched the cardboard. Put the bags in the double bag with everything else. Tie a knot in the top of the bag.

7. Toss it in the trash.

Your hands never touched the animal. Wash with warm water and soap.
OK thank you for your reply and for not being insulting. It seems like your suggestion could work - although it is very makeshift and there could be some risk involved compared to doing it the proper way with gloves and a shovel. I seriously doubt that any animal removal company or agency would recommend doing it that way. Anyway as I previously mentioned the critter is gone now. This thread is getting too long so I won't be returning to post on it again. This thread justs needs to die - because it keeps being pushed to the top (and people have other more important things to discuss).

Old 01-24-2019, 08:09 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,906 times
Did you ever hear the quote; 'Better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt' ? Nuff said !

Old 01-24-2019, 08:32 PM

334 posts, read 227,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Did you ever hear the quote; 'Better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt' ? Nuff said !
This thread does contain valuable information though, that might be helpful for others. I vote we try and get it pinned to the top ;-)

Old 01-24-2019, 09:01 PM

8,179 posts, read 4,654,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
So you spoke and removed all doubt. Not that I didn't already know anyway. Now can you just please let this thread die without trying to be the "ultimate cool guy" by getting in one last jab (after I said I was leaving)? Nuff said.....

Old 01-25-2019, 06:27 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
thread closed.

Sheesh , people.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: