Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 06:08 AM

17 posts, read 28,401 times

Advertisements

Hi: Have been looking at pet friendly gated communities at Lakewood ranch in Bradenton, specifically Savanna and Rosedale. Wondered what people's opinions were on these two communities? Do you think one is better than the other? Some reviews I've seen question the quality of the construction, but you can always find critical reviews of every community. Thanks for any thoughts and opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 07:03 AM

12 posts, read 21,182 times
Both sorta suck, by that's a matter of opinion. Had a place in Rosedale, sold it to a chump for big money. It's going to be more of a cluster because 44th avenue east when completed is going to be more of a nuisance in too many ways to mention. Houses are also waay too close together. People speed through the streets, etc.

One good thing is that Rosedale has a actual manned guard post.

Savanna was a good idea in location, but the controversy of commercial outparcel developments will render traveling on 64 more of a nightmare than Rosedale which is bound by 70 and 44th.

Get some expert input and be careful about advice on any internet platform, esp sales people. But of these two developments, I think there are better choices.

Old 04-07-2021, 07:06 AM

207 posts, read 422,549 times
Me, I would choose Rosedale over Savanna. Unless you want to be in the country and drive far to most everything. Then choose Savanna. Rosedale is convenient to most everything including shopping and dining and makes it easy to commute if you need to. I also like how they had walls (at least on some properties I saw online after we made the mistake of buying elsewhere) on one side of the lanai so it made it much more private and limits what you would have to see/hear of any neighbors. Lots of great places to eat right there, that Menchie's always had my favorite flavors on tap, and that Walmart is the nicest in the whole area.

Old 04-07-2021, 07:19 AM

Yes I had a house with that walled application, still ended up spending more money on vegetation...driveways are too close as well...

Leaving out on 70 is right in front of the massive WallyWorld, gas stations, interstate exchange/entrance/exit, big huge trucks going westbound from the groves out in Hardee County, cement trucks, ticky tacky strip mall across the street with bulls itt food, liquor store 1 block or so away. The only other way out of Rosedale is on the soon to be busy nightmare of 44th...smart buyers have sold to unsuspecting newcomers clamoring to "enjoy Sunny Florida" with more money than sense.

Savanna is far more quiet...for NOW.

Several houses in the newer section of Rosedale are plagued with stadium light pollution and at night you can hear traffic on I75, 70, and even Lakewood Ranch BLVD.

Opinions are abound. I'm not a transplant or new comer.

Old 04-07-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5CLIR View Post
Yes I had a house with that walled application, still ended up spending more money on vegetation...driveways are too close as well...
Imagine the misery of people that don't have the luxury of that wall. We sold at a loss just to get away from bad "neighbors" who were 3 lots away and felt it was okay to blare music in their pool area at 11pm and leave their barking dog out in the pool area. And the HOA would do nothing. The postage-stamp size lots of that whole area are a problem but most everything is like that up there, save the few communities with the 1/2 and full-acre lots. But even then there's going to be noise pollution that carries across the open space as there aren't any tall buildings to deafen the noise. At least with Rosedale you know what you're getting into whereas Savanna is still being developed out there. The Cox dealership that will inevitably end up by Greyhawk is just the start and will eventually keep filling in with more dealerships and the like towards Rye Rd as growth continues out there

I think the key in any of these small lot communities in the area is to live as central as you can in the development between any of the multi-lane roadways so you have other houses blocking a lot of the noise. Try for a property that backs up to large wooded areas that are protected and won't have anything built on the other side. Anyone looking to move from outside the area that doesn't have the luxury of spending a lot of time checking out each community should definitely have an agent that is willing to go to all these different properties and listen to what they hear, provide on-site videos, ask people they know who live in the community, etc. Sure, doesn't help with nighttime neighbor issues but it can help determine if interstate or highway noise will be constant or not. Plus, we noticed that when the wind changed direction you could hear road noise from a highway a few blocks away that you would not normally hear.

Old 04-07-2021, 08:29 AM

If you gave me another house in Rosedale, it would be listed the same day.

Also, noise coming off the school football stadium carries for at least one mile.

Old 04-07-2021, 08:34 AM

Also, I agree with your experience with a few neighbors, I had a few loudmouth, lowlife neighbors one from Philly, the other from Chicagoland and another who was a ex-pro athlete, all of whom couldn't shut up at night by their pools. The whole town is beginning to attract some inconsiderate losers. Unbelievable change.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:06 AM

@5CLIR - Did the back of your house in Rosedale face the direction of the football stadium? Or does having a concrete block home with a front door facing the direction of the stadium still provide no buffer?

Yeah, we moved up there expecting a better quality of neighbors. We were wrong and paid the price. Money clearly does not buy one class. Sign of the times, I guess. Everyone only thinks of themselves these days.

Old 04-08-2021, 09:01 AM

14 posts, read 19,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SellingNWCape View Post
@5CLIR - Did the back of your house in Rosedale face the direction of the football stadium? Or does having a concrete block home with a front door facing the direction of the stadium still provide no buffer?

Yeah, we moved up there expecting a better quality of neighbors. We were wrong and paid the price. Money clearly does not buy one class. Sign of the times, I guess. Everyone only thinks of themselves these days.
You are so correct, but that's exactly what's happening especially in numerous properties in Lakewood Ranch.

What I've experienced is a LESS quality of neighbors over the past years, much worse. You're one of the few people that tell it like it is. All of my professional friends, all of my family including kids/teenagers have noticed it too, and a few of my friends that are cops/deputies/teachers.

By the way the turnover in Rosedale and other subdivisions like The Ridge at Crossing Creek and Riverside Point (changed names at least twice, 56th Ct E and sr70), has been off the chart.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:40 AM

14 posts, read 19,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5CLIR View Post
Both sorta suck, by that's a matter of opinion. Had a place in Rosedale, sold it to a chump for big money. It's going to be more of a cluster because 44th avenue east when completed is going to be more of a nuisance in too many ways to mention. Houses are also waay too close together. People speed through the streets, etc.

One good thing is that Rosedale has a actual manned guard post.

Savanna was a good idea in location, but the controversy of commercial outparcel developments will render traveling on 64 more of a nightmare than Rosedale which is bound by 70 and 44th.

Get some expert input and be careful about advice on any internet platform, esp sales people. But of these two developments, I think there are better choices.
Oh my, I got caught by that traffic light at the entrance of Rosedale. What a disaster! I'm surprised at Manatee County making that change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area