Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 05:28 AM

25,683 posts, read 12,765,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Agreed ~ the other neighborhoods mentioned do not provide seclusion from neighbors.
The area I suggested certainly does since many are larger (1+ acre) heavily wooded parcels, some equestrian. I stumbled across it when I was considering a new home in Vilano. I liked Vilano due to 1 acre, low density lots. However, Vilano was nearly clear cut so we passed, but the areas I drove through to get up into Vilano had magestic oak tres with Spanish moss creating a canopy for jungle-like vegetation below. It's stunning. If you can find a smaller parcel of land adjacent to larger ones, you;d have what you are looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 07:22 PM

91 posts, read 118,195 times
The Woods at Sylvan Lea - especially the older section.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:33 PM

7,979 posts, read 4,627,736 times
Some things to keep in mind. What you see today in an area might be temporary. By that I mean that there are certain things involving landscaping that might not be under your direct control. Such as neighbors can cut trees/foliage down. The previous duplex I lived at had a chain link fence with tremendous vines growing on them, and then they grew on and over an adjacent white ceramic privacy fence. The vines made our backyard very private with a "lush" green feeling. However the vines and the chain link fence were actually on the property next door (it bordered ours). Well the lady living next door got married and moved out - then the new neighbors took their chain link fence down and destroyed the vines. It sucked big time!

Also in the house I live at now I rent - so I don't have final say about the landscaping. The landlord cut down several nice trees because she said they were growing too close to the house.

And one other thing is that sometimes trees get diseases and die - or need to be cut down for safety reasons.

So my word of advice is if you want something lush & private - make sure you are in control of the landscaping situation.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:55 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave w View Post
Can anyone think of a older area or subdivision that has a heavy tropical vibe feel like canopy mature trees,tropical plants, lots of palms, some seclusion from neighbors? I'm talking whole areas not just a couple houses here and there. I want to scope out between Bradenton and Englewood maybe as far south as Fort Myers on google maps first. I drove along Park St.N Jungle Prada St. Pete area and remember it being kind of dense and over grown. After looking at street views on G maps, not so much as I remember it. Maybe I'll Have to search further south for a more tropical climate. No waterfront or high end housing wanted.
With respect to answers you've received, state your price range and specific acreage/property requirements then a better direction can be provided.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:21 AM

94 posts, read 111,605 times
Those areas are becoming either super expensive (e.g. Indian Beach), or exceptionally weird, questionable or run-down - at least around Sarasota city, Sarasota County.

There is a great area just west of Tuttle between University and Tallevast, adjacent to University Woods...a couple of streets are heavily treed (towards the rear of the development) - very large lots

Old 05-26-2019, 09:28 PM

518 posts, read 868,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
With respect to answers you've received, state your price range and specific acreage/property requirements then a better direction can be provided.
I don't have specifics other than what I asked for. Question was recommendation for unique area of dense foliage.No high end or waterfront, thanks

Old 05-29-2019, 08:51 AM

390 posts, read 396,817 times
I remembered what might be the perfect place for what you're seeking - Tanglewood. It's in Bradenton and it's a bunch of patio homes. Looks like there's only one decent one on the market (https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/45747843_zpid/) and another in foreclosure (https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/45747805_zpid/). We had previously seen a listing for a different home in there last year but didn't end up going to check it out as that one didn't have a pool but I loved how large and private the whole thing looked from the images. The houses look fairly close on an aerial image but I don't actually see much of them in the images due to vegetation.

Last edited by FLKitties; 05-29-2019 at 09:02 AM..

Old 05-29-2019, 09:44 AM

94 posts, read 111,605 times
I forgot about Tangle Wood , you're right, but it's changed over the years, it's an old property

Old 05-31-2019, 01:23 PM

518 posts, read 868,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLKitties View Post
I remembered what might be the perfect place for what you're seeking - Tanglewood. It's in Bradenton and it's a bunch of patio homes. Looks like there's only one decent one on the market (https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/45747843_zpid/) and another in foreclosure (https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/45747805_zpid/). We had previously seen a listing for a different home in there last year but didn't end up going to check it out as that one didn't have a pool but I loved how large and private the whole thing looked from the images. The houses look fairly close on an aerial image but I don't actually see much of them in the images due to vegetation.
I'll have to check that area out, getting close to my favorite beach Coquina Beach.

Old 05-31-2019, 01:42 PM

390 posts, read 396,817 times
Looks like another one just came available in there (https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...45747826_zpid/) that is even cheaper. Like I said, I never made it over there myself so I don't know how close the houses actually end up being to each other but from the images and Google Maps stuff it looks pretty private and tree-covered there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area