Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 08:42 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times

Advertisements

It sounds personal to me. Keep in mind when restaurants fail, owners lose money, creditors lose money, landords lose money & employees lose jobs. It's bad all the way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 08:50 AM

94 posts, read 111,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
It sounds personal to me. Keep in mind when restaurants fail, owners lose money, creditors lose money, landords lose money & employees lose jobs. It's bad all the way around.

Look, I had nothing to do with Kona's incompetence and Bankruptcy filings - they are to blame, and only them, and certainly not the patrons, the creditors, the landlord or investors.

Blame the EMPLOYEES who HAD THE JOBS...the EMPLOYEES should be the focus not someonecommenting on their failures by their own hand.

Get real.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:51 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,403,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride The WAVE View Post
What's with the personal, visceral attack? You can read about Kona's filings all you want, it's in the public record...

And yes, I'm in business, and investor and a former Wall Streeter. American business, particularly in the service sector of restaurants is in trouble. That is concerning for all Americans, or should be.
....says the guy who called the Kona manager a "fat fool".....

Old 06-11-2019, 11:42 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,199,428 times
Let me give you a small anecdotal example of this fat fool manager. I came in one afternoon to have a cocktail, it was right before the stock market closed and kindly asked if he could change one TV to Fox Business News (for me to check the "tape").....this fool GM responded "NO...I HATE FOX", and it's my restaurant and I have CNN and MSNBC and that's all"........I started to laugh at this fool...I said I simply wanted to watch the tape and see how the day's session ended up on FOX......this fool GM simply scurried off to whisper in the ear of an associate manager who reminded me of a potential drag queen. Now if that GM addressed me, a paying customer like that, how does this fool successfully manage a staff of a larger restaurant?? Really, he didn't want to change one TV to FOX, because HE HATES FOX?? lol...that's very rich indeed but should scream incompetence. God strike me dead if I'm lying on this fat fool.[/quote]

I agree that the manager was rude. Should have never happened.

I was commenting about turning on Fox to check the ticker. That wouldn't be a choice anyone in the market would chose.

If you wanted to watch Fox, CNN or MSNBC then I suppose you are asking for a particular 'news channel.' If it was the only tv, I suppose management could refuse by saying something less argumentative. I've been in bars where they said they couldn't change the channel, for whatever reason. Or they can't get that particular channel.

I agree it was rude and could have been handled better. But, Fox would not be a channel I would turn to to check on the market. For 'news,' any of those channels could be denied if the management wanted. But their behavior was rude.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:38 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
You sound like such a lovely person.

I don't know what your beef is with Kona but it's way more than just business. You sound obsessed.
This.

The OP has definitely made it personal and seems to have an axe to grind.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
This.

The OP has definitely made it personal and seems to have an axe to grind.
I feel like the OP is the same person as LeBreque and TyVincente, who have posted very similar threads over the past few years about "another (restaurant) bites the dust" in the UTC Mall area. Very very detailed knowledge about rents and leases and whatnot, usually always critical of the food and management, and seemingly enjoying the fact that another one has bitten the dust.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:22 AM

747 posts, read 847,767 times
Never EVER do I worry about someone crashing into a restaurant when I'm out to eat

Old 06-14-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longwood Golf View Post
There have lots of threads in that vein quite frankly. Don't know what the real concern is. No poster is the reason for any restaurant that "bites the dust". People have opinions, and businesses come and go in Sarasota area usually because they are bad business people and/or sell bad products. The failures/closures around Sarasota, Bradenton, University and UTC are numerous! It's not because someone is hoping for their failures. I remember quite a few in a relatively short period of time. Mentioning Kona's corporate bankruptcy is not somehow surreptitious or mean-spiritied. It's just a discussion of factual events. You might remember other closures such as Urban Flats, Cedar Reef (SR70), Bogey's (SR 70), LeRoy Selmon's, Chef's Table, Island Time (UTC) Carmel Cafe, Burger One, Red Elephant, Half Shell Oyster House, Trader Vic's, Polo Grill, Table Creekside, Bistro Julian, The Broken Egg (LWR), Derek's, Stonewood (S trail), REVELRY, RANCH GRILL (Lorraine sr70 LWR), Yo! Sushi, Burger and Beer Joint (even got evicted! @UTC Mall). I remember these off the top of my head! Am I sorry they closed? frankly NO - most of the aforementioned were poorly run to quite awful in the first place!
Yes. quite a few threads....by the same poster.

Who keeps a list of dozens of restaurants that have closed, and knows the details of leases, evictions and bankruptcies? It's OK....I'm sure we'll see "another one bites the dust" from you shortly....whatever your current screen name is.

Old 06-15-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longwood Golf View Post
What's your concern? it's just a basic discussion about the area, which the forum for which Sarasota is purposed.
What's your concern about my concern? I'm just contributing to the "basic discussion".

But honestly? Your posts go way beyond "basic discussion". Management apparently are all "fools", including the "fat fool" and the "drag queen" at Kona -- truly nasty of you! -- all because they wouldn't change the TV station for you. A poster here mentions she is going to happy hour at Kona the next day, and "coincidentally" there you are too! (can you say "stalker"?) Taking a headcount, then apparently running around the Mall to compare the turnouts at Seasons 52 and Cheesecake. Obsessive much? Being rude to other posters who don't agree with you by telling them to "read and comprehend". So what someone mentioned the restaurants being too close to the road? Did that really call for going off the deep end?

I don't know what your "beef" (no pun intended) is, but it is way more than business. Maybe you work for the mall, maybe you got fired from one of these places, I don't know, but you clearly have an axe to grind, as other posters have mentioned. Maybe you should open your own place, since you seem to be such an expert on what everyone else is doing wrong.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:35 AM

11 posts, read 4,843 times
I know something about Asian food, and the sushi I have had there was a spin on authentic sushi but done very very unimpressive. It was not cheap either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area