Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 02:25 PM

962 posts, read 612,180 times

Advertisements

Right on bale002.

It's incredible that the liberals can "fix it", assuming we give them all our money. HAHAHA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 02:40 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I agree. Frankly, it rarely gets above 92, and the daily rains can cool it down as much as 20 degrees. Where I live, there is usually a breeze too. I have been FAR HOTTER visiting other states in the summer (midwest, Carolinas)
I'm from Myrtle Beach, SC and the summers are much hotter and more humid there than here in South Florida.

Also, I think it is a lot hotter on the west coast of Florida than South Florida.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:43 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
at 1:30 this afternoon....I passed about 12-15 people riding bikes in a group....92F is not hot to everyone

it's not hot to me at all......

Old 07-22-2019, 11:11 PM

5,587 posts, read 8,398,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
But aren't you the one that started the following thread on 07/30/2016 titled: 'Is this summer hotter than usual?"
Located here: //www.city-data.com/forum/saras...han-usual.html

You basically stated that your first two summers here weren't that bad - but that 2016 felt very bad and hot. To which all of the naysayers crawled out of the woodwork with incorrect comments to your post such as:

"It's Florida in the summer. What do you expect for godssake?"

"I think it's just you, actually, it has seemed better than usual to me. Or at the very least about what is to be expected. I also have not gotten many bites; almost none, really. But I live two blocks from the bay."

"I wouldn't say it's very much more hot, but hot it is no doubt!"

"Temp has been the normal 92 for July"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I then had to set everybody straight by posting a link with statistical weather facts showing that yes July 2016 pumped out record heat:

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...ut-record-heat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the same thing on this thread - all of the naysayers claiming it's not getting hotter. "Oh it's all political propaganda". Wrong. This year the month of May tied the record for the hottest May in Sarasota - and I backed that up with a link in my previous post on this thread. And here is another link to back that up:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.her...emplate=ampart

2017 was hotter than usual too. The most recent trends are towards hotter summers.
Wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands.

My saying the 2016 summer felt hotter than normal doesn't negate what I said about heat/humidity up north, Detective.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:06 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Florida is rarely the hottest part of the country during the summer. The rest of the country gets stifling weather. I was never so hot as I was when I lived near Philadelphia. Check the maps; its always hotter somewhere else.

Florida is flat, we nearly always have a breeze. The mornings and evenings are very bearable, even during this particularly hot summer.
True, but it is hot in Philly or here in New England for a limited amount of time. We just had three whole days of it and it really was not too bad. Now it is cool again, windows open.

Any way you want to frame it, the heat index numbers of days in Florida is high and getting higher. Those being the dangerous heat index days......

Since Florida can tend older....this means a lot. That is, older people do not temp-regulate as easily.

Hilton Head in June is often worse than Florida - but year-round Florida beats it because you get 8+ month of living weather in HH, but maybe only 6 months in many places in Florida. Depends on the year, of course, but climate and weather maps....I'll take those over anecdotes any day.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:46 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,233,524 times
It was much better here in Florida today. I was outside nearly all day, it was beautiful. Sure, Philly or New England probably has fewer really hot days then Florida, but then again how many frigid snow days do that have? Im more than willing to put up with more hot days than have to deal with hot days AND miserable winters.

Edited to add that I just checked the 5 day forecast. It isnt even getting into the 90's. Not bad.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:32 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Human caused global warming has no science behind it. Why else did they change the terminology to "climate change"? That right there is an admission of deception. There is ZERO proof that humans are causing global warming...PERIOD!

They are using this as a scare tactic to raise taxes, and control the masses. Fear is the most powerful form of persuasion.
NASA released a study showing that we may be entering the next Ice Age! Google NASA + Ice Age.

None of us will know if the planet is warming, or cooling, for Hundreds of Millions of years. Humans might be extinct by then.

The most likely scenario of our doom is an incurable contagious disease. Next, is WW3 where we self-destruct. Next is a huge asteroid that blocks out the Suns' rays and kills off all the crops which we rely upon as a food source.

Climate change isn't even in the top 3 potential causes of human extinction...if you really need to worry about such things.

Do your homework, and let us now what you found.

Until then, carry on as usual...it's just a darned Acorn that fell on your head. The World is not ending anytime soon. I'm taking bets on it.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:33 PM

8,037 posts, read 4,631,899 times
Just released in the news today:

Climate Scientists Drive Stake Through Heart Of Skeptics' Argument
New research shows that the recent rise in global temperatures is unlike anything seen on Earth during the past 2,000 years.

Full article is here:
https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

**Global warming skeptics sometimes say rising temperatures are just another naturally occurring shift in Earth’s climate, like the Medieval Warm Period of the years 800 to 1200 or the Little Ice Age, a period of cooling that spanned from roughly 1300 to 1850.

But a pair of studies published Wednesday provides stark evidence that the rise in global temperatures over the past 150 years has been far more rapid and widespread than any warming period in the past 2,000 years — a finding that undercuts claims that today’s global warming isn’t necessarily the result of human activity.**

Old 07-24-2019, 03:46 PM

8,037 posts, read 4,631,899 times
And as for Sarasota summers "aren't that bad" or "it's just as bad (or worse) up North" it's great that some of you feel that way - however this is in stark contrast to a study done by Forbes and published in 2018:

Who Has The Most Oppressive Weather?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...e-weather/amp/

"A total of 380 automated stations across the U.S. were evaluated for oppressiveness at each hourly observation between 1998 and 2017 during the noon through 6 p.m. time frame. A percentage of oppressive observations during the June-August time period was computed and the results are shown in this map.

To no one’s surprise, the Gulf of Mexico coastal areas lead the way in oppressive conditions."

Last edited by wondermint2; 07-24-2019 at 04:48 PM..

Old 07-24-2019, 04:21 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,233,524 times
Did you even look at the map? On that map its merely a small sliver of Florida in that range. Nearly all of Louisiana, and parts of California, are in that same range.

I dont give a crap what Forbes says. Im living it. And I look at the maps when its really hot, and its just as hot if not hotter north of Florida. I also look at the maps in December, January, and February when its frigid in most of the country, and I have my windows open here.

The weather map right now:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area