Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2021, 08:17 AM

548 posts, read 526,175 times

Advertisements

just keep moving those goal posts to fit your narrative shecky, it's all good. Apparently the entire stock market and everyone's 401k is meaningless also, as its "just on paper"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 09:30 AM

134 posts, read 121,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I must agree with MO that the Cali tag cars I'm seeing are not high end cars. They are not beaters either, but lower to middle

A new neighbor's $50k+ pick up has Colorado tags on it. And he has a boat.

These people are not seeing any bubble here. They are seeing affordability compared to where they came from.

I'm seeing all kinds of Western car tags these days.

Hopefully, the humidity will chase them off eventually. Maybe a hurricane scare would be a good thing right now.

Where's Shekkie when you need him?

You are very correct, but their lack of understanding of value (local) is exactly how the Bubble gets fed, but of course they don't care lol, but locals and natives DO.

Yep, they're pretty nauseating, and we damn sure don't need them. My otherwise sedate and calm neighbors, fellow professionals and family are becoming a bit irate and vocal.

Most of the recent transplants from California in and around my neighborhood are a bunch of self-absorbed people. The whole area has degraded in the past 20 yrs or so.

Smart people like Gypsy have moved to decent cities like Lakeland, and Ocala and nearer to the Panhandle/S AL/S GA.

Out of control in-migration needs closer examination....just like illegal immigration.

Old 06-19-2021, 11:22 AM

25,165 posts, read 12,317,093 times
I sense the buying frenzy is slowing down, maybe due to the inventory being so tight, or maybe its the time of year.

Lumber prices have fallen a lot, & that has new construction picking up again.

Interest rates remain very low, but so many pay cash here, that is not as big a factor as it is elsewhere.

I see a lot less out of state car tags around here now, unless I'm at the beach. Most of the snowbirds have left.

Overall, things seem to be normalizing a bit, but there's more traffic now than this time last year or the year before that.

We can examine the "in-migration" all we want, but we cant stop it, so I'm not stressing out over something I have no control over. Nearly all the people I meet in my little world are very nice, & happy to be here, and happy their home values have risen.

Most are optimistic about the real estate values, & never mention any bubble, or serious downturn. People are very optimistic about Venice Island area particularly. They think its going upscale, & soon higher end retailers & restaurants will be moving into downtown Venice.

I seldom interact with people from Bradenton or Downtown Sarasota, so I don't know what the sentiments are there. The outlook for Venice looks very bright at this time.

Old 06-19-2021, 09:00 PM

3,821 posts, read 3,252,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Traveler View Post
You are very correct, but their lack of understanding of value (local) is exactly how the Bubble gets fed, but of course they don't care lol, but locals and natives DO.

Yep, they're pretty nauseating, and we damn sure don't need them. My otherwise sedate and calm neighbors, fellow professionals and family are becoming a bit irate and vocal.

Most of the recent transplants from California in and around my neighborhood are a bunch of self-absorbed people. The whole area has degraded in the past 20 yrs or so.

Smart people like Gypsy have moved to decent cities like Lakeland, and Ocala and nearer to the Panhandle/S AL/S GA.

Out of control in-migration needs closer examination....just like illegal immigration.

Those people when they move to the REAL south, (not most of FL) usually get ran off eventually when they don't feel welcomed by the locals if they come from New England for example and act like snobs.

I'm from Missouri and if a New York or Cali snob moved to somewhere like the Bootheel or the southern Missouri rural Ozarks or rural northern Arkansas and threw their weight around they'd be ran out of town and not welcomed.

Most of Florida historically is transplants, that's why it's tolerated more. Move to Mississippi from California and try acting like a pr*ck.

Personally, I've never really had a problem with California people, then again most I do run into here are not the Beverly Hills type, but the type I mentioned before. Overall the biggest arseholes are the people from New York, NJ, and MA, especially NYC. They think because it's the largest city in the World that they're the smartest and most important because that's where the money flows in. NYC gave us AOC. That tells you enough.

Old 06-20-2021, 07:36 AM

Frankly, in order to lessen the financial impact on the infrastructure/roads etc, my personal idea is to add a surtax on all vehicles that are newly registered in the State of Florida if say, you haven't established a permanent residence say over the past 2 years - I'm talking about a legal transfer tax from any of the 49 other states. I think a proposal like that would pass the Florida legislature and withstand legal challenges. Of course there would have to be a grandfather clause. The administration of the tax could be collected by each County's assessor with each of the new tags.

Other fees could also be added as well.

Perhaps that strategy could be used on real estate transactions as well....LOL (but I sort of doubt it, I have to do legal research on that one LOL)

Old 06-20-2021, 08:53 AM

GET A LOAD OF THIS RECENT POST IN THE ORANGE COUNTY CALIFORNIA FORUM! This is why I have made comments about my CA "new neighbors"....they're bringing this stuff to this community/state

condohunting
befriend
36 posts, read 29,520 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter
Feel free to leave any time. CA's quality of life has not improved since it became a one party state.

condohunting replies:
Im a liberal democrat, and California is one of the most liberal and Democratic states in the nation.

If you are a conservative, YOU leave. No one wants you here.

Old 06-21-2021, 07:54 AM

problem is NOW, it that there are more attitudes *sneaking* in Florida like Condohunting, than "conservatives" he doesn't want in CA.

Old 06-22-2021, 04:40 PM

24 posts, read 32,425 times
I see where lumber prices are down 40 percent from the recent highs. Any thoughts on when new home builders will start making more lots available versus the current 'bidding' process for limited lots.

Old 06-22-2021, 07:37 PM

3,821 posts, read 3,252,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubct View Post
I see where lumber prices are down 40 percent from the recent highs. Any thoughts on when new home builders will start making more lots available versus the current 'bidding' process for limited lots.

Around this region I've driven past a number of projects that have moved very little the past 5 months due to the lumber prices. Literally at a stand still. Phase two of my sub division has been at a stand still for about 6 months now. Nothing being done, unfinished houses due to material shortage like lumber.

Old 06-22-2021, 10:23 PM

6,537 posts, read 4,350,082 times
Sarasota County reaches new high for median sales price for homes

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/...es/5306835001/

The median sales price for single-family homes in Sarasota County set a record at $407,000 in May, according to data from the Realtor's Association of Sarasota and Manatee.

Alex Krumm, president of the organization and broker owner at NextHome Excellence, said this is the first time that the median sales price in Sarasota County has cracked $400,000.

However, since many of the buyers are moving from areas with historically pricey real estate, the record prices Southwest Florida is seeing aren't scaring off potential buyers.

Manatee County actually saw its median sales price fall slightly from April when it was $405,000. The median sales price for May came in at $400,000.

Driving the price surge is record low inventory. According to the Realtor's association, the total number of active listings for single-family property in Sarasota County was 620 in Sarasota and 462 in Manatee County.

The association noted that across all property types, the number of properties for sale has decreased by 74.6% compared to May of 2020. That's 4,755 fewer properties for sale across the two counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area