Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2022, 02:13 PM

7,928 posts, read 9,150,257 times

Advertisements

I think this is where the mandate for healthcare workers has become problematic in the face of omicron. We know the vaccine is not effective in preventing transmission, so really then why the concern over workers being immunized? We lost lots of workers who decided against vaccinating, putting more stress on the system.

Add into the picture that vaccinated but positive healthcare workers are being forced to work because of the shortage of workers and we have more worries about transmission than having an unvaccinated but negative worker working.

Due to the new facts on the ground regarding omicron, IMO the mandate for healthcare workers should be eliminated. If the CDC feels a positive vaccinated worker can safely work using proper PPE, then a negative unvaccinated worker using proper PPE should be just as safe. Get enough staff back to prevent the hospitals from collapsing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2022, 02:44 PM

8,179 posts, read 4,654,186 times
Sarasota Memorial Hospital is requiring the vaccines for their employees as per the federal mandate. However this seemingly goes against the Florida vaccine rules so I wonder how it will play out in terms of potential monetary penalties incurred?

Perhaps SMH feared the financial repurcussions of not following the federal rules more so than the Florida rules? The Florida rules do have some rather loose allowances for "opting out" of the vaccine requirement. According to FL rules all an employee has to do is state the vaccine is against their religious beliefs. No documentation required. I wonder if SMH will honor this clause as per the Florida rules?

I believe if SMH actually fires someone for not getting vaccinated - thats where the Florida fines could be very hefty. On the other hand SMH risked losing federal funding for their Medicaid & Medicare patients if they don't follow the federal guidelines.

Vaccine mandate is back at SMH

https://www.snntv.com/story/45657223...is-back-at-smh

Last edited by wondermint2; 01-16-2022 at 03:06 PM..

Old 01-16-2022, 04:24 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,306,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
Sarasota Memorial Hospital is requiring the vaccines for their employees as per the federal mandate. However this seemingly goes against the Florida vaccine rules so I wonder how it will play out in terms of potential monetary penalties incurred?
Federal law trumps state law.

Old 01-16-2022, 04:58 PM

25,728 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Much of what we've been told by Beach43ofus, turned out to be lies.

Why should I believe any of the #'s in your post?

What proof is there that they are accurate? Who is auditing them?

Fixed it for ya.
Plz cite evidence of my "lies" that have been corrobarrated by peer-reviewed 3rd parties. You can't.

You still have not proven that anyone is peer-review auditing any of the data you are parroting.

Explain where all the influenza cases went

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02558-8

This article says precautions taken during covid made influenza go away...yeah right

It couldn't possibly be that hospital's have been getting paid $13,000/covid case by the feds, and 0$ for influenza cases now could it? That explains why influenza nearly vanished, & covid exploded, but so few healthy people <70 yrs old died of covid as a percent of our overall population.

If you look at deaths from many other causes, you'll see the same kind of chart...fell off the cliff.

What is the C-19 death RATE of healthy Americans <60 yrs old? I'll guess <.03%...am I right?

How does that vary from influenza? I'll bet they are similar.

This was/is a government caused crisis, & Fauci is now being exposed for the quack he really is.

Cases AND cause of death have been grossly exaggerated by the $13,000 "bonusses".

It's all starting to come out. Didn't a big Pharma CEO recently state that the first 2 vaccines they make are not effective?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/pfiz...r-omicron.html

Last edited by beach43ofus; 01-16-2022 at 05:14 PM..

Old 01-16-2022, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Why the name calling, and political innuendo?
I don't tell people to be scared or how to live their lives. Everybody has their own views on risk tolerance regarding Covid. I do believe that hospitals are truthful in their reporting.

In case you haven't noticed the FDOH (run by you know who) makes it hard to find and interpret data regarding Covid. This is done on purpose to further benefit their political narrative. Why would you believe Ron & the FDOH and not hospitals? Is that not an example of your beliefs based on a certain political mind set? Do you believe there is no fudging of the numbers by the FDOH?

I really try to keep an even keel and leave the politics out of it. Posting what the hospitals report in this thread so it's convenient to find & understand - is not an example of being political or a "brandon."

When you posted during periods of low Covid in Florida pointing out a factual stat to reinforce your claim - was that being political? Why is that not political but my posts when Covid is high are somehow political in nature?

I also post a lot about the trend and give my views if things are looking more favorable and the trend is near peaking or heading down. If i was a brandon why would I do that? And while nobody's perfect - for the most part my predictions about the trend have been fairly accurate.

But I must say that the way Florida reports deaths confuses many people - and I think this is intentional by design. It gives people that don't understand how FL reports Covid deaths that deaths are declining in recent days when in reality they're not. And in case you don't understand see this thread for an explanation:

https://twitter.com/thehowie/status/1481690997507694593

"Florida reports deaths irregularly, but in "dumps" & assigns them to actual date of death. This is helpful from epidemiological point of view, less so to compare with other states: most report deaths as they appear to PH authorities."

Last edited by wondermint2; 01-16-2022 at 07:55 PM..

Old 01-16-2022, 08:31 PM

We'll never know all the facts surrounding covid deaths in this area, or any area.

We're hearing from whistleblowers in the medical field now that are saying this was overblown.

IMHO, the amount of fear mongering by the media and government is/was unforgiveable, given how rare it is for a young healthy person to die of covid.

Nobody knows the long term effects of these "vaccines" and boosters either. The term "vaccine" has been used very loosely.

I can't believe I fell for it for a while...weeks actually...how embarrassing.

To all the people I see wearing those aqua-blue pleated masks, please buy N-95, or KN-95's. The rest are nearly useless.

Healthy people <60 yrs old getting all freaked out at this juncture, when 98.4% of positives is the much less lethal Omicron variant, is beyond my comprehension.

Old 01-17-2022, 09:31 AM

It's looking like cases could of peaked already - if not we're very close. The test positivity ratio is starting to come down as well as admissions. However ICU and deaths haven't peaked yet. There were 11 Covid deaths since Friday. This is what happens though as cases peak, ICU & deaths start to catch up because of the lag.

Today's Update From Sarasota Memorial Hospital

Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Sarasota & Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Venice
COVID-19 Patient Update
Includes hospitalized patients who are positive for COVID-19 and those cleared of infection but still hospitalized at SMH facilities.

Total COVID inpatients today: 186 (190 yesterday) (195 Friday)
COVID patients in ICU: 26 (24 yesterday) (25 Friday)
% Unvaccinated Inpatients*: 61% (updated weekly on Wednesdays)

* We categorize patients as “vaccinated” once they have received the required primary dose(s) of a COVID-19 vaccine and 2 weeks have passed since the final dose. At this time, we do not require that patients have booster doses to be categorized as fully vaccinated. An increase in break-through infections is expected as the Omicron variant spreads and immunity wanes among those who are high-risk and those who have not yet gotten a booster dose. COVID-19 vaccinations and booster shots are still the most effective method in preventing severe illness and hospitalization.

COVID-19 Test Results:
SMH positivity rate: 25.3% (27.6% for week ending Jan. 14, 2021)

Cumulative COVID-19 Cases:
Total number of patients treated since outbreak began.
Patient admissions: 5,414 (5,385 yesterday) (5304 on Friday)
Patient deaths: 554 (549 yesterday) (543 since Friday)

Old 01-17-2022, 09:38 AM

Florida Hospitalizations

https://twitter.com/thehowie/status/1483068256487362562

"Florida

Hospitalizations (11,265) down 0.1% from yesterday; Up 14% over week. 66% all time high.

ICU (1505) up 1% from yesterday; 30% over week.

Tomorrow through Thursday will be higher, but consistent with plateauing. Then decline to follow.

Will get more definitive death data this week."

Last edited by wondermint2; 01-17-2022 at 09:57 AM..

Old 01-17-2022, 09:53 AM

Today's Update From Jackson Health in Miami

https://twitter.com/JacksonHealth/st...64321634615299

"Jackson Health System hospitals currently have 516 patients who have tested positive for COVID-19. (+11 from yesterday) (+8 from Friday)

Of those, 262 patients - or 51% - are admitted to the hospital primarily for non-COVID reasons.

Of the 516, 106 are vaccinated, 58 of whom are immunocompromised transplant patients."

Old 01-17-2022, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Today's Update From Jackson Health in Miami

https://twitter.com/JacksonHealth/st...64321634615299

"Jackson Health System hospitals currently have 516 patients who have tested positive for COVID-19. (+11 from yesterday) (+8 from Friday)

Of those, 262 patients - or 51% - are admitted to the hospital primarily for non-COVID reasons.

Of the 516, 106 are vaccinated, 58 of whom are immunocompromised transplant patients."
Do the stats say the age of these 516 patients? That would be most enlightening to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area