Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2020, 10:26 AM

46 posts, read 52,642 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

My job is going permanent and I am considering a move to Fla. Not sure what the lock down status is like in Sarasota but wondering if it is so tight that visiting to get a sense of the area would be worth my time and money? I live in Boston and we are entering into Phase1 re-opening and that is still pretty darn restrictive. - except now you can make an appointment for a haircut.

My situation, 55 divorced guy with no kids, love the outdoors, and looking to meet other singles and friends. I assume from reading these posts that I am in a good demographic range for Sarasota, but if anyone wants to comment that would be great.

I just plan on spending 3 days before going to see friends in Fort Myers. Want to check out some apartments and just get a feel for what life is like there.

Thanks All
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 11:42 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times
Public beaches are now all back open. Many restaurants are open, although right now at 50% capacity. Many retail stores and all area malls are back open with restrictions (but not all stores are open at the malls). Tennis courts and dog parks are back open.

Bars, pubs, nightclubs are still closed.

Depending on what the next update says, the governor may allow more openings next week.

A number of bar owners & their customers have been holding protests all over the state the past few days, so who knows, perhaps bars may be allowed to open back up again soon.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:00 AM

747 posts, read 847,767 times
You should be able to get a pretty good idea of the layout of the land.
What you wont get yet:
-true sense of the traffic
-the fun scene on the weekends, most people going out right now are going to get out of the house and not socializing
-all the strip malls, retail stores and UTC mall are partially open but there was no one there last weekend. When you can go into DSW shoes at 2pm on a Saturday and only have 4 other people, its just weird
-just the overall spectrum of people who enjoy the outdoors and the Florida life. To me moving from NJ 5 years ago, this right now looks like Naples or some other major transient are during the off season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area