Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:13 AM

657 posts, read 1,787,844 times

Advertisements

is bent tree- sarasota a nice area? taxes look high. is it a deed restricted area?
would love info on non deed restricted developments in the 34233, 34240,34241 areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 07:10 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
Here's something I wrote about the Bent Tree area:

Bent Tree
Bent Tree is one of the older golfing communities in Sarasota since it opened in 1985. However the whole golf course has undergone a re-design but still maintaining the natural beauty of the property. Located just east of I-75 off Bee Ridge Road, Bent Tree is more than a golf course. It’s like a nature preserve with its sparkling lakes and streams, tree-lined fairways and mature oak hammocks. Only two miles away is the busy commercial section at Cattleman and Bee Ridge Roads, where you will find banking, groceries, medical services and restaurants. Either Siesta Key Beach or downtown Sarasota is only seven miles away.
The par 72 golf course also includes such amenities as a driving range, practice green, chipping green and a restaurant with both casual and fine dining. The country club provides a beautiful backdrop for weddings, reunions and banquets since it can accommodate 250 people.
Also at the club are tennis courts, full sized swimming pool and a children’s pool. However, membership in the Bent Tree Golf and Country Club is optional.
Many of the residences that line the winding streets have tranquil golf course views or lake views. You’ll discover large condos in the 1600-2000 sq. ft. range and home in prices from $250,000 to over a million with up to 4,000 sq. ft. Often, owners have updated or remodeled their late 80s or early 90s homes.

The larger estate homes in this master planned community are in the exclusive gated section called The Woodlands. In this area of Bent Tree, spacious homesites border the well stocked lakes.

This is a gated neighborhood with curving streets and elegant homes surrounded by large manicured lawns blending into natural areas with some of the homes edging the Bent Tree golf course. Many of the homes were built in the late 1980's and early 1990's and have been updated / remodeled. Custom, ranch or Mediterranean in styles prevail at Bent Tree with such appealing caged pools, granite counters, tile and wood floors and high ceilings with crown molding as popular upgrades.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:22 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
There is Old Bent Tree and there is New Bent Tree. Both are nice, but price difference is rediculous!

Old 04-30-2008, 11:56 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,054 times
I can only speak for 34233 where we lived, and 34241 which is where our son lives. The terms non deed restricted and developments kind of don't go together. All the developments I can think of have some degree of restriction. Now, how strict and/or how strictly they are enforced is another matter. But in between the subdivisions of those two zip codes are some pockets and streets of non deed restricted houses.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl View Post
I can only speak for 34233 where we lived, and 34241 which is where our son lives. The terms non deed restricted and developments kind of don't go together. All the developments I can think of have some degree of restriction. Now, how strict and/or how strictly they are enforced is another matter. But in between the subdivisions of those two zip codes are some pockets and streets of non deed restricted houses.
thankyou... lol... like everyone else, im not from around here. lol.. i dont know the termenology but i know i dont want to be told what to do in my own home and yard but i do like that community feel. i want my children to have a safe enviroment to live. but not so sure being behind gates is the answer. also dont want to pay outrageous fees for these communities. but who knows... when i do get to come look, ( hopefully real soon) ill get a better idea. any info is helpful.
ps... how do you like the area? ive been to visit, and my friend lives in east bradenton 34202, another area im considering. but most important to me are the schools.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:50 AM

I have children in the Sarasota county school system and like it very much. It's one of the top school districts in the state for scores and performance. You can usually pull up the district/school scores on their website. Sarasota county outperforms any district nearby.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I have children in the Sarasota county school system and like it very much. It's one of the top school districts in the state for scores and performance. You can usually pull up the district/school scores on their website. Sarasota county outperforms any district nearby.
thankyou.. i really love sarasota and it is my target area. i really hope i can find work.. if you know of anyone looking for a bubbly energetic person.. lol. i need benefits too. what do you think about state or goverment jobs in the area? im a hairdresser here. 20 yrs.. lol, big changes for me.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:51 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,054 times
Most of the subdivisions in Sarasota are not gated. You might focus more on the school districts and school scores if that is a priority for you. Some of the subdivisions have very minor restrictions, some have major ones. They tend to escalate in restrictions and gated-ness the higher in price range you go. Once you have an idea of the area that interests you, there is no substitute for seeing it for yourself. In some of the non deed restricted areas that you are looking at, you might just want to look at the neighbors houses on the rest of the block, it's deceiving looking just on the internet at the photos of individual houses. Non deed restricted means just that, and some folks take full advantage of that. Parking cars, trucks, etc all over the yard and sometimes right up to the house. Not always in running condition either. That being said, there are also plenty of nice places mixed in, too. That's why it's so important to physically look for yourself.
There are lots of previous postings on the good and bad of area schools by looking via the search option. Personally, I preferred Ashton for the little ones and Riverview for the high schoolers, but you will find discussions on the rest too. Good luck with your search.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:00 AM

3 posts, read 7,532 times
I am buying i Bent Tree 2; 34241. Are the deed restrictions rigid?

Old 12-28-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Quinn View Post
I am buying i Bent Tree 2; 34241. Are the deed restrictions rigid?
I would suggest talking to some of the neighbors in Bent Tree. My advice you be to except the worst and hope for the best. I don't think anyone can really answer the question unless they live in there (or know someone who does).

What exactly are you worried about with the restrictions? If it's a big thing like parking an RV in a restricted area which states no RV's then I would say it's probably not gonna happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area