Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 08:16 AM

127 posts, read 130,762 times

Advertisements

Many Florida residents and natives will tell you that we have quite enough folks from NY (city and state) even though it's America and all people are free to move anywhere in this nation. Most true Floridians, if given a choice, don't really want to live around most NYers, truth be told. That's not said to be overly unwelcoming because it's said and un-said in many business and social circles. That's a fact. Similar opinions are currently made newer transplants from NJ. There are too many reasons why to list here.But that too is a fact, but sometimes whispered. The only people who don't object to this exodus are mostly people who have a vested interest in your move - real estate sales people, or mortgage brokers, insurance sales people, and developers. Some cities close around here are actually "governmentally anti-growth" believe it or not. Of course no real estate salesman is going to agree with my statements, none of them, most are giddy with any feeding frenzy in pumping the real estate market.

Last edited by gitondowntheroad; 09-15-2020 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 01:19 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,037,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Just be aware your daughters will be taking a big salary hit in Florida.
This. My girlfriend was an EMT in Florida and two things, her pay was $11 an hour. Also, it is tough to get one of these jobs. It will take her several years to get hired as an EMT.

I would rethink the location or bringing your daughters with you just for the difficulty they will have in establishing a career.

Everyone wants to live in Florida especially since the pandemic and jobs are tough to get.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:56 PM

50 posts, read 39,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitondowntheroad View Post
Many Florida residents and natives will tell you that we have quite enough folks from NY (city and state) even though it's America and all people are free to move anywhere in this nation. Most true Floridians, if given a choice, don't really want to live around most NYers, truth be told. That's not said to be overly unwelcoming because it's said and un-said in many business and social circles. That's a fact. Similar opinions are currently made newer transplants from NJ. There are too many reasons why to list here.But that too is a fact, but sometimes whispered. The only people who don't object to this exodus are mostly people who have a vested interest in your move - real estate sales people, or mortgage brokers, insurance sales people, and developers. Some cities close around here are actually "governmentally anti-growth" believe it or not. Of course no real estate salesman is going to agree with my statements, none of them, most are giddy with any feeding frenzy in pumping the real estate market.

Please list the reasons... or rather generalizations. I think that there is plenty of space here.

Old 09-17-2020, 10:55 AM

285 posts, read 226,998 times
Although not addressed to me, can I take a stab at the reason or generalizations?

Among them are that most transplants have no appreciation or knowledge about the history of The State of Florida, its people or culture. Many many transplants from these areas (NE especially) have a bad attitude of entitlement with and a strange brand of arrogance with a dose of confrontation. Many also seem to believe that the natives of Florida want it to be transformed into the exact place they left (ex: "hey, I can't find any NY-style pizza here" lol).

Worst yet based of what I have heard is that natives of Florida don't like the leftist political bent of most of the more recent transplants, not only from places like NY or NJ but esp CA.

That's my take and I understand that many of the generalizations are fairly accurate.

You rarely see native Floridians moving to NJ/NY etc and attempt to change/demolish their local culture.

Old 09-17-2020, 03:36 PM

1,107 posts, read 547,419 times
LOL - He's at it again! "gitondowntheroad" is the same poster as CVPFord. He keeps creating new accounts so it looks like he has support in his mission to keep NYers out of his neighborhood! It's quite comical, a bit disturbing, and oh-so-obvious!

Old 09-17-2020, 03:49 PM

468 posts, read 458,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
LOL - He's at it again! "gitondowntheroad" is the same poster as CVPFord. He keeps creating new accounts so it looks like he has support in his mission to keep NYers out of his neighborhood! It's quite comical, a bit disturbing, and oh-so-obvious!
Seems to be a lot of that on these forums.

Old 09-18-2020, 04:22 AM

285 posts, read 226,998 times
no, I have only one screen name, mine ! I have no mission, I simply have opinions, just like you. Sounds like a weird paranoia, maybe it's a common trait of a few wannabe transplants? Express your own opinions, I will do the same! I was also accused by another paranoid that I had another account in the name of videoimage I beieve, which was also false.

Old 09-18-2020, 08:51 AM

1,107 posts, read 547,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVPFord View Post
no, I have only one screen name, mine ! I have no mission, I simply have opinions, just like you. Sounds like a weird paranoia, maybe it's a common trait of a few wannabe transplants? Express your own opinions, I will do the same! I was also accused by another paranoid that I had another account in the name of videoimage I beieve, which was also false.
LOL - Maybe you believe your own lies, but I assure you, you're the only one!

Old 09-18-2020, 09:51 AM

50 posts, read 39,740 times
Well...
Only people who are not happy with themselves are mean to others. Remember that.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:55 AM

67 posts, read 57,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagreekmama View Post
Well...
Only people who are not happy with themselves are mean to others. Remember that.
How true mama. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area