Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 09:40 AM

1,107 posts, read 547,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVPFord View Post
Shameful. Each person has a duty to contribute to the community. I hope you stay exactly where you are. WE in Florida, contribute to the community in many ways, in elderly care, environmental care, promotion of the arts, homeless care, water preservation, religious freedom, drug rehabilitation, SPARCC, veterans welfare, red tide/fish kill, and many many other causes.

We would welcome transplants that want to become an integral part of the community. People such as you from NY seem to give NYers a bad name.....it's called being self-absorbed ergo selfish.

I believe however, you're telling the truth about yourself. Anyone who contemplates a move to ANY community who articulates such a self-centered notion perhaps needs to have a chat with the Almighty.

I will pray for you, and many others that contemplate moving ANYWHERE, not just Florida.
Blah, blah, blah. "We" is only "you" (and, of course, your C-D alter-egos). I don't need you to welcome me. I already have people down there who will do that. And I'm definitely coming!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2020, 06:22 AM

285 posts, read 226,708 times
Many many transplants (from NY and elsewhere) are very decent new citizens of Florida, others are vile, disgusting, obnoxious, selfish miscreants.

Some of our best, contributive, thoughtful, newer transplants (and long time residents) have moved here from the Midwest for sure, hands down. Similar good things could be said about most Canadian foreign nationals (mostly from Ontario, Quebec is a different matter it seems).

Old 09-30-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Many many transplants (from NY and elsewhere) are very decent new citizens of Florida, others are vile, disgusting, obnoxious, selfish miscreants.

Some of our best, contributive, thoughtful, newer transplants (and long time residents) have moved here from the Midwest for sure, hands down. Similar good things could be said about most Canadian foreign nationals (mostly from Ontario, Quebec is a different matter it seems).
Ah, so it's really not the alleged strain on Florida's resources and infrastructure caused by overcrowding that you're concerned about! If it was, it wouldn't matter where the new residents came from, would it? Well, my dear, you don't get to choose who moves to Florida. So honestly, why not just quit stomping your feet and throwing tantrums? It's very ineffective and only serves to make you look like a grumpy little boy who just doesn't want to share his toys!

Old 09-30-2020, 10:05 AM

Of course it's about resources and infrastructure FIRST, and I made that crystal clear

What's eating you? it always matters where people come from ! language, culture, religion, education, occupation, etc etc etc....

Having massive invasion from a single region also does harm to THAT region as well....such as losing a tax base in those states and cities. Mass exodus will also hurt those cities and states! Less so if populations migrate from relatively healthy cities and states, hence my reference to some very decent people we have from the Midwest and Canada.

I don't particularly care about the loss revenue from a foreign country, like Canada, UK, Mexico, China or even the Ukraine (which we have a growing population in Northport and Port Charlotte).

Old 09-30-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Of course it's about resources and infrastructure FIRST, and I made that crystal clear

What's eating you? it always matters where people come from ! language, culture, religion, education, occupation, etc etc etc....

Having massive invasion from a single region also does harm to THAT region as well....such as losing a tax base in those states and cities. Mass exodus will also hurt those cities and states! Less so if populations migrate from relatively healthy cities and states, hence my reference to some very decent people we have from the Midwest and Canada.

I don't particularly care about the loss revenue from a foreign country, like Canada, UK, Mexico, China or even the Ukraine (which we have a growing population in Northport and Port Charlotte).
LOL - Do you actually listen to yourself? So a self-professed NY-hater is now suggesting that NYers shouldn't leave NY because we'll be hurting NY's economy? That's hysterically funny! Of all the reasons I've ever heard of why someone should stay put, that has to be THE most ludicrous!

Once again, people who move do so for THEMSELVES, not for you or for any other reason than because it's right for THEM. As unbelievable as it may sound to you, I'm pretty sure NY will survive when I leave, and I'm also pretty sure Florida will survive when I arrive! But your concern about the well-being of NY is very cute!

Old 09-30-2020, 11:59 AM

NY is a victim of their own hand. You're a NYer. I'm a Floridian. I'm not moving to NY. It's a cesspool that you live in. I don't live in a cesspool.

I see economics is not your strong suit EITHER. If NY FAILS economically because of loss of revenue, the ripple effect throughout the NATION might be enormous, not to mention that taxpayers of other states will be on the hook for a BK or a bailout. That won't be funny or cute.

A 9th grader can teach you about economic inter-dependency and debt. NY's economy is vital to the nation's economy. Yes, the massive runaway exodus will hurt NY's economy thereby hurting the nation's economy - there will be a revenue deficit, worse than it is right now as I hope you are aware, if not, then shame on YOU.

It's also likely that Florida might not "survive" in its present economic state given added burden heaped upon it by unabated massive population invasion viz infrastructure, services and many other considerations. So you are dead wrong that YOU are "sure" about Florida's future when you know so little.

Take a nap....again

Old 09-30-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
NY is a victim of their own hand. You're a NYer. I'm a Floridian. I'm not moving to NY. It's a cesspool that you live in. I don't live in a cesspool.

I see economics is not your strong suit EITHER. If NY FAILS economically because of loss of revenue, the ripple effect throughout the NATION might be enormous, not to mention that taxpayers of other states will be on the hook for a BK or a bailout. That won't be funny or cute.

A 9th grader can teach you about economic inter-dependency and debt. NY's economy is vital to the nation's economy. Yes, the massive runaway exodus will hurt NY's economy thereby hurting the nation's economy - there will be a revenue deficit, worse than it is right now as I hope you are aware, if not, then shame on YOU.

It's also likely that Florida might not "survive" in its present economic state given added burden heaped upon it by unabated massive population invasion viz infrastructure, services and many other considerations. So you are dead wrong that YOU are "sure" about Florida's future when you know so little.

Take a nap....again
So you say NY is a cesspool, but then you admit that NY is vital to the entire nation. You shouldn't bash the state that feeds you!

If I wasn't certain before, everything you have said about both NY and FL have convinced me to move to Sarasota. After all, why would I want to live in a cesspool? Don't care about the hits to your infrastructure, services, etc. I care about my own happiness. Hey, maybe we'll be neighbors!

Old 10-01-2020, 06:09 AM

You need to take time and compare balance sheets of NY and FL, including massive differences in unfunded liabilities. NY is in the tank. FL is not.

Your own words betray you. They reveal a bit of your character and responsibility.

You stated:

"Don't care about the hits to your infrastructure, services, etc. I care about my own happiness"

Frankly, this displays a vile, disgusting and nasty attitude and sense of responsibility and sense of community.

No wonder why so many Floridians and other southerners don't care for some of you NYers.

We in Florida understand fully. We appreciate your clarity. Most of us do prefer "clarity" to "agreement". Thank you for the reveal and the meaningful retort.

Old 10-01-2020, 06:15 AM

BTW, NY FEEDS FLORIDA?? what are you smoking?

NY can't balance its own BUDGET, can't properly care for the elderly, can't control violence, can't treat law enforcement with dignity and respect, can't fund its liabilities, can't govern, can't pick up the TRASH OVERFLOW !!!!!!

Old 10-01-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
NY's economy is vital to the nation's economy.
Quote:
NY is in the tank. FL is not.
LOL - It's amazing how you can't see the irony in your contradictory statements!

In any case, you are clearly a very disturbed individual. I've suspected as much from our exchanges, but it's been confirmed by the many private messages I've received about you and your numerous other C-D aliases that go back years. So I will adopt the policy of other long-time posters here and just ignore you and your off-the-wall rants and ramblings. I will, instead, continue to private message any new posters whom you attempt to steer away from the Sarasota area and provide them with a little background about you so that they, too, know to ignore you.

Adios!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area