Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 08:23 PM

51 posts, read 95,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
The areas you have in mind in Florida swing high on an elder population and lack city amenities nearby. If you are looking for a slower paced life for you and the kids. Jupiter I would say is the best bet for access to activities for the kids.
Thank you going to check out Jupiter while I'm there as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 10:01 PM

10 posts, read 12,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMgyms View Post
I am looking for advice for a young family looking to move to Venice. I have a 7, 9, and 11 year old. We are actually from MD, but have been living in Carlsbad, CA. Carlsbad has been great for the kids with lots of sports, excellent schools, and every outdoor activity you can imagine. We are leaving do to the governor here continuing to keep everything locked down. Kids still have no school or sports. He even closed the beaches and parks for months. Carlsbad is conservative unlike most of CA. I don't like the direction things are going here.

I am not worried about the humidity, but need advice in helping to pick the best area. My research shows me that the schools are amazing in Venice. How are the people? Looking to avoid the spoiled, entitled, keep up with the Jones type areas. There is some of that where I am now, but for the most part its great families and kids with good morals and values.

We are also looking at Jupiter, Naples, and Ponte Vedra Beach. I am also open to other recommendations if someone has one. If any one has advice on any of the above it would really be appreciated. We are really looking for this to be our last move and want to put our children in the best possible environment around the best like minded people. Thank you so much.

I would not just focus on FL, have you looked into east of Hilton Head?

Old 10-27-2020, 04:30 AM

3,323 posts, read 1,915,821 times
Venice is beautiful but it definitely has an older population. If you lean right, maybe private schools would be a better choice for your family and that would open up other areas for your search.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:44 AM

1,107 posts, read 547,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mis_align View Post
I would not just focus on FL, have you looked into east of Hilton Head?
It's still not working, CVPFord.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:47 AM

10 posts, read 12,663 times
Jupiter is suffering now from an exodus from greater Miami-Dade!

Old 10-27-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
Venice is beautiful but it definitely has an older population. If you lean right, maybe private schools would be a better choice for your family and that would open up other areas for your search.
Are Venice and its schools left leaning?

Old 10-27-2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mis_align View Post
Jupiter is suffering now from an exodus from greater Miami-Dade!
Thats definitely not what I'm looking for. Do you have any suggestions on where else to look?

Old 10-27-2020, 10:52 PM

231 posts, read 384,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMgyms View Post
Thats definitely not what I'm looking for. Do you have any suggestions on where else to look?
Try Stuart, Palm City and Jensen Beach. They are about 25 miles north of Jupiter and have very good schools in Martin County.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:59 AM

25,369 posts, read 12,495,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny118 View Post
Try Stuart, Palm City and Jensen Beach. They are about 25 miles north of Jupiter and have very good schools in Martin County.
Good advice! My S.I.L lives in Jupiter, and it's become too costly, and overcrowded. Listen to Manny.

My Dad lives in Port St. Lucie, near I-75, and he likes it there. Not real close to the beach though, but he does't go to the beach anymore anyways. He just golfs to get outdoors.

Check on property tax rates in Martin County versus neighboring Counties. If I recall, Martin's higher than average in Florida, which is fine, if you are getting top notch schools, police, fire, water, ect..

Old 10-28-2020, 05:05 AM

25,369 posts, read 12,495,362 times
You need to look in Lakewood Ranch, which is East of Bradenton.

I know SW Florida very well, & it would be my #1 pick if I were you, with 3 kids. Go to one of their larger sports parks mid-morning on a Saturday, or ~5pm weekday, & I think you'll agree with me.

Please cross Naples, & Jupiter off your list. Not for your family. Too old, too few kids, costly, crowded in-season.

*I am not a realtor, and have no vested interest in real estate anywhere in Florida aside from my own residence.

I've lived in several places throughout Florida, and have relatives all over Florida that I visit as well, so I know the state very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area