U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 02:54 PM

226 posts, read 115,803 times

Advertisements

If you're researching Lakewood Ranch or anywhere in Manatee County for that matter, the Manatee County Sheriffs Dept has on their website, Dispatched Calls. Under Dispatched Calls, you have the ability to see Dispatched Calls when you input the street. Do not put in a house number, it will not work. It will give you a response like the "6900 of Main Street" just for an example, so if the house number is 6939 for example, you would have to call the Sheriffs Dept for specific info.
You can go back in a search, like 5 years or 10 years..it will list all the dispatched calls.
Quite honestly, when we first began our search, we were very surprised about the abundance of calls in very nice neighborhoods of Lakewood Ranch, gated communities, golf course communities, etc. They list calls like Domestic, Mental Person, Trespassing, Harassment, Vehicle Accident on that street, Road Rage, overdose/drug poison.

Low and behold, very strangely, a very high percent he houses we researched, whether for rent or sale, had a "history" on the street.
If you

Our advice when relocating to another part of the country, rent first. This way you get the "lay of the land" without a commitment beyond the lease.
Good Luck.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2021, 08:14 PM

66 posts, read 42,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotravel15 View Post
If you're researching Lakewood Ranch or anywhere in Manatee County for that matter, the Manatee County Sheriffs Dept has on their website, Dispatched Calls. Under Dispatched Calls, you have the ability to see Dispatched Calls when you input the street. info.
You can go back in a search, like 5 years or 10 years..it will list all the dispatched calls.
Quite honestly, when we first began our search, we were very surprised about the abundance of calls in very nice neighborhoods of Lakewood Ranch, gated communities, golf course communities, etc. They list calls like Domestic, Mental Person, Trespassing, Harassment, Vehicle Accident on that street, Road Rage, overdose/drug poison.

Yes, yes, but if a person naysays these areas, one might get shouted down in person and on the web. It's very odd the lack of understanding how areas like Lakewood Ranch have some residents who are very much dirtbags, scum and criminals. I know different, but at least YOU'RE not one of these fools who try to paint a picture that doesn't exist viz accuracy and fairness.

Before you buy, do crime research, ask questions to law enforcement - yes, you might be "surprised"...but I'm not one bit. Real estate people aren't going to tell you the truth - they don't have to tell you about who you might be living around! LWR has become a cesspool of shady people - not all the time "criminal" but many have had "issues" out of state and/or worldwide! I am personally aware of illegal personalities living in LWR from Chicagoland/Indiana, NYC/Long Island, England, Scotland, and even Australia. Some own "legitimate" businesses including local eateries, gyms, insurance organizations, IT firms and beyond. Then there is a set of previous violent criminals and thieves. Believe me, I know, and it's worse nowthan a mere 7 years ago.

Yes the Manatee Sheriff website can be eye-opening about the street you live on, or want to live on. USE it.

Old 01-17-2021, 08:18 PM

Just my choice and opinion ONLY:

I for one, would NEVER live in LWR, especially the high dollar gated properties.....NEVER

Old 01-18-2021, 06:38 AM

3,771 posts, read 5,552,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttyShekelman View Post
Just my choice and opinion ONLY:

I for one, would NEVER live in LWR, especially the high dollar gated properties.....NEVER

Guess Who???

Old 01-18-2021, 08:00 AM

386 posts, read 221,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Guess Who???
Yep. You got it. He posts in numerous states too pretending to be a resident of wherever he is posting. I think he has multiple personality disorder. Sort of like that old Sally Fields movie, Sybil.

Old 01-18-2021, 08:01 AM

Good stuff ! just logged into the Sheriff's website again, looks like some kind of *stuff* going on also in my own neighborhood/streets. LOL

Old 01-25-2021, 07:13 PM

66 posts, read 66,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srq57 View Post
I guess they don't want to relocate to a liberal area. Perhaps there is a concern as to whether prosecutors release repeat offenders, etc. We have people fleeing NYC for that reason. I don't know, but those are my thoughts, for what that's worth, lol
Pretty much this.

We decided on Naples. Currently viewing properties.

Old 01-25-2021, 07:14 PM

66 posts, read 66,530 times
Quote:
To Sour D
40s and conservative couple? Most of the developments in Manatee County might suit you but I would avoid the surrounds of DT City of Sarasota, and parts of S Sarasota County. Lakewood Ranch is becoming a mixed bag - too many relos from the northeast over the past 4 years in re conservatism.
Thanks! We are looking around Naples and Bonita Springs area.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:25 AM

32 posts, read 33,915 times
Default Lakewood Ranch

Quote:
To Sour D
40s and conservative couple? Most of the developments in Manatee County might suit you but I would avoid the surrounds of DT City of Sarasota, and parts of S Sarasota County. Lakewood Ranch is becoming a mixed bag - too many relos from the northeast over the past 4 years in re conservatism.
I have read other posts about some shady characters in Lakewood Ranch. I'm not sure you can ever really know your neighbors in this day and age. One of your posts lead me to read others and I can't quite get a feel for who you are. Obviously educated or very well-read, but often seemingly antagonistically opinionated. Maybe you just like a good debate. So to put context into your opinion about LWR, where do you hail from and have you ever lived in LWR or are you just too conservative to approve of the costs of buying into LWR? Just curious...nothing more.

Old 05-04-2021, 02:36 AM

174 posts, read 430,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srq57 View Post
I guess they don't want to relocate to a liberal area. Perhaps there is a concern as to whether prosecutors release repeat offenders, etc. We have people fleeing NYC for that reason. I don't know, but those are my thoughts, for what that's worth, lol
I'm honestly somebody (and I say this as I'm considering a relocation to FL) who 10 years ago would have been seen as a flaming liberal on crime but now am seen as a harsh and ruthless conservative and my views haven't changed a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area