Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 12:18 PM

402 posts, read 261,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronDavidSchultz View Post
^^^In Sarasota, now we have waay too many people wanting to move to Florida and specifically Sarasota and Manatee and Lee counties - the buyers, to this day, have contributed to feeding the frenzy, thinking it's "cheap" by comparison of course, and the results are obvious, i.e. a run-up in prices and essentially "pricing out" local native Floridians, which is a very very bad thing.

Strong demand is fine, but ignorant demand is disastrous for locals and natives. The newcomers are impervious to the damage they are doing, because they simply don't care....why? it's simple....they cashed out in very very high COL areas, with extraordinarily about average salaries/incomes, sell out "up north", and come to Sarasota oblivious to the economic bifurcation that they, themselves are creating by their own hand.....and ignorance....then strangely they boast about increasing prices of housing.

Sarasota and Manatee are fast becoming a lesson in socio-economic dysfunction. The newcomers seem to think that's "cute". They don't realize the damage they are doing in the short and long run. It's being fueled by the overt arrogance of newcomers running out of cesspools in NY, NJ, CT, Chicagoland, DC and even now, California which is in la-la land in re real estate.

Their intent, it seems, is to transform Florida into the places they just left....shamefully, they are too stupid to see it, or don't want to see it. They are the culprits of the negative shift in Sarasota and Manatee and Lee Counties.

These counties will be ruined...totally ruined in a short 4-5 years. It's unfortunate to witness the demise...of the social structure, the housings availability, the infrastructure, the schools, and the quality of services and the quality of life, including the important cost of living considerations.

It's sad frankly....many people that I know throughout the strata, are not very happy. The only people I see that are giddy are the "refugees" and newcomers from other states that they helped to ruin.....many are like locusts...not all....but lots.
I agree in substance with the points you make, just not how you make them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 10:47 AM

200 posts, read 157,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying941 View Post
I agree in substance with the points you make, just not how you make them.
Don't even know what you really mean, but having said that, it really doesn't matter what you think - about substance OR style. It's Freedom! I hope you're joking. It really really doesn't amount to a hill of beans if you agree or disagree, right?

Old 04-11-2022, 10:59 AM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
How does the police treat people? Do POC. Get more tickets and stopped for violations? How do they speak to you? Go to the offices how do they respond to you? Talk to the principal of the school. Have there been racists incidents, how was it handled? Read the local newspaper. Check put local Next door of Facebook pages.
As tourists we had an unpleasant experience on the other coast, trying to clarify parking rules on a street. We are brown and i dont know if the police over is just nasty or only to tourists or only to brown people.

Old 04-11-2022, 11:19 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Very small sample size, but I go to Sarasota once a month for the beach and paddle boarding and either start my day around downtown or end my day around downtown. I'm a minority and I've always felt welcome and no different than any other city. I always had good interactions with locals. With that being said, I'm a friendly and well mannered person. Racism is real in the world, but many times it's not racism, but bad behavior creating the negative interaction.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:28 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Very small sample size, but I go to Sarasota once a month for the beach and paddle boarding and either start my day around downtown or end my day around downtown. I'm a minority and I've always felt welcome and no different than any other city. I always had good interactions with locals. With that being said, I'm a friendly and well mannered person. Racism is real in the world, but many times it's not racism, but bad behavior creating the negative interaction.
says the super white-passing "minority"

Old 04-13-2022, 02:39 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
And I'd dare say sometimes it's purely someone looking for "racism" and determined to find it in a location and among people
where there isn't any racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area