U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2021, 03:52 PM

3 posts, read 445 times

Advertisements

Where’s the Best New Construction for a family of 4? Kids are preschool age.

I’m familiar with the eastern side of Florida but looking to relocate to the west.

Looking for somewhere with an amenity center (pool, tennis) and close to hiking/biking trails.
Top rated, no lottery schools.

Would like new or newer construction. 5 bedroom because we both work from home, so an area with fiber would be optimal.

I’ve been looking online at Lakewood Ranch, is that a good area?

Max Budget around $750,000

Realtors, feel free to respond.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 05:22 PM

41 posts, read 12,180 times
I think Lakewood Ranch would work well for you. If you go to their main website, somewhere on there is a matrix of what each village/community offers. If looking for walkable trails, also check out Greyhawk Landing just north of there which is part preserve. Eagle Trace is over there, too. Both are outside of LWR so they don't have the extra master district fees, but don't know if they will always remain in the LWR high school district. Eagle Trace probably more likely than Greyhawk Landing to have no change based on location. Also, LWR generally has a better resale value due to its popularity. To see the LWR fees you can search for Lakewood Ranch David and on his site he's got the fees by village/community listed.

Old 02-12-2021, 06:56 PM

3,708 posts, read 5,377,135 times
Another option to check out is Palmer Ranch. Several new construction and almost new construction communities with amenities, access to trails, including the Legacy Trail:
https://www.friendsofthelegacytrail.org/map-page-2/

Lakewood Ranch offers more selection in communities because of it's size, but Palmer Ranch is closer to the beaches. A lot of the newer construction in Lakewood Ranch is pretty far north and east of the Manatee / Sarasota county line.

If you are considering Lakewood Ranch I would definitely check out the school enrollment numbers. Because of the large amount of new construction in that area, the Manatee school districts are struggling with enrollment numbers in some of their elementary schools, in spite of new schools coming on line over the past couple of years.

Old 02-13-2021, 07:51 AM

180 posts, read 79,423 times
Just an FYI, for building new in Lakewood Ranch, we visited Pulte, Neal, and Taylor Morrison recently and all three are on a PAUSE for building.
There is so much demand, the builders, construction crew cannot keep up and need to "slow" it down for the time being.
For example, we visited Neal, Indigo sold their quota for February and cannot sell anymore homes right now, Taylor Morrison the same.
Something to keep in mind. Problem with that is even if you found a homesite, model, with the options that you want, they cannot sell the home, go to contract right now, thus you are subject to price increases in the future, which are very likely.
At Pulte, in 2 months, base price increased by $15,000 so far.
Good luck in your search.

Old 02-13-2021, 09:40 AM

3 posts, read 445 times
Is Lennar good?

When they say $500k, how much should I actually expect it to cost with upgrades, lot upgrade, etc?

Old Today, 07:08 AM

3 posts, read 445 times
Will any new subdivisions be built? Or is all the land pretty much already being developed?

Old Today, 10:38 AM

11,707 posts, read 3,492,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDaCodet View Post
Is Lennar good?

When they say $500k, how much should I actually expect it to cost with upgrades, lot upgrade, etc?
I have not bought from Lennar, so cannot speak to them specifically, but I'd add $100,000 for lot upgrades, & other upgrades. We spent $135k more in add-ons for a simiarly priced home from anotehr mass builder here.

Old Today, 01:10 PM

189 posts, read 80,123 times
Lennar does their "Everything Included" thing. Which means the base options are much better than most other builders, but there are less upgrade options available. You can still upgrades cabinets, flooring, the pool and a few other things. But not a whole lot and just to a couple other predefined options.

This comes at the cost of every one having a very similar looking house inside also, not just outside. If this does not bother you, it is a nice option.

Old Today, 03:41 PM

41 posts, read 12,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I have not bought from Lennar, so cannot speak to them specifically, but I'd add $100,000 for lot upgrades, & other upgrades. We spent $135k more in add-ons for a simiarly priced home from anotehr mass builder here.
Not really the case with Lennar and they actually offer some pretty decent housing. As joshan pointed out, they have their ei "Everything's Included" program so it's a different experience than a lot of the other builders. See https://www.lennar.com/everythings_included for more info.

As far as lot costs, it seemed very cheap compared to going rate of stand-alone lots outside their communities. Even the "waterfront" lots were only a few grand more it seemed, at least that's what it was a few years ago. If you've got questions about Lennar, seek out Michelle Trebbi online. She's posted a lot of videos over the years with walk-throughs and has worked for several of the different communities Lennar has and is a wealth of information about their offerings.

Old Today, 06:06 PM

3,708 posts, read 5,377,135 times
For what it's worth:

https://www.businesstrialgroup.com/n...-lennar-homes/

Through its investigations, GCI determined that the water intrusion was being caused by defects in the stucco, stone cladding and foam moldings and decorative shapes on the exterior of the buildings.

On November 12, 2019, the Association notified Lennar Homes of GCI’s findings, including providing information and details concerning the allegedly defective conditions, and 19 photographs depicting the observable defective conditions. Despite this, Lennar Homes dismissed the notice as too “vague” to address.

There are a number of stucco related lawsuits involving Lennar filed in the past 5 years, although stucco issues have been found with other builders as well.

All builders will have some unsatisfied customers. What I look for in the complaints is patterns, i.e. is a particular issue coming up over and over again. There seems to be a trend of complaints over the past year with Lennar regarding issues/defects found before closing or during the first year after closing but not addressed under the home warranty as promised. This information is readily available online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area