U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:59 AM

28 posts, read 5,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
I found this post very interesting - I am fairly new here - 10 years - just a little to ad - Venice so called "island" has a cute little downtown and absolutely beautiful old Florida homes that are well kept and very valuable because they are right on the Gulf - I love an area called Golden Beach that I wish I could afford - tiny little 50s houses that cost around 600k - LOL - the only problem with Venice is that you could be right next to the airport. Very old, very conservative.

Lakewood Rand to me is in Bradenton - it has Bradenton schools which are known to be not as good as Sarasota Schools but I am not sure that is really true. Lakewood Ranch is very plasticy and boring and tons of traffic - it is upscale but in a fake way. Kinda like "new money"

Sarasota County is very large with many different areas

Hmmm, if you've been here for just 10 years, you still should be aware and/or already know that Lakewood Ranch is not a town or a city, and of course it's not in Bradenton. It's way east of Bradenton around 15mi to the east, and newer Lakewood Ranch to the south is more like 25mi away.

Also Lakewood Ranch doesn't have a school system, and City of Bradenton doesn't have a school system, neither does the City of Sarasota.

Sarasota County isn't that 'very large' at all , in fact it's SMALLER than Manatee County. SRQ is 735 sq mi, and Manatee County is 894 square miles

According to Public School Review, for the 2021 school year, there are 78 public schools in Manatee County, FL, serving 48,947 students. Manatee County has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Florida. For the 2021 school year, there are 43 public schools in Sarasota, FL, serving 25,251 students. Sarasota also has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Florida. Manatee County has almost twice as many students as Sarasota County, and serves a different demographic viz non-native speakers/immigrants.

Overall growth, expansion, residential/commercial growth within Manatee County is presently seen as outpacing Sarasota County
Rate this post positively

Old Today, 05:39 PM

84 posts, read 28,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
Lakewood Rand to me is in Bradenton - it has Bradenton schools which are known to be not as good as Sarasota Schools but I am not sure that is really true. Lakewood Ranch is very plasticy and boring and tons of traffic - it is upscale but in a fake way. Kinda like "new money"
I would like to know if you are also nancy the reader? I'm a bit confused why my posts were selected for removal - is it because they don't fit with your narrative? So it's okay for you to disparage LWR but my posts about Bradenton get removed? I would just like some transparency.
Rate this post positively
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area