Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 10:02 AM

74 posts, read 132,237 times

Advertisements

Just curious for peoples thoughts on this. Mid 40's conservative couple moving to the area and just using the Crime map on Realtor so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 08:58 AM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Generally speaking, the further away you are from highways, major thoroughfares, retail, apartments, and low-end homes/condo's, the lower the crime rates.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:30 PM

104 posts, read 113,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Generally speaking, the further away you are from highways, major thoroughfares, retail, apartments, and low-end homes/condo's, the lower the crime rates.

I can't speak for Sarasota, but as far as Bradenton is concerned, the further west you go towards the beaches and Anna Maria Island, the safer it is. We have a condo in the Southwest corner of Bradenton near IMG Academy and it is fine in this area. But as the prior post mentioned, as you get closer to 41 and parts of Cortez (64) for example, there is more crime in these areas. Certainly, not unsafe in my opinion, but more crime per statistics.

Old 01-04-2021, 06:59 PM

thanks guys

Old 01-10-2021, 11:13 AM

anyone else?

Old 01-10-2021, 02:03 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
IMO, there is crimes committed all over the Sarasota/Bradenton area; some are arrested and some aren't. To say that crime is confined to various neighborhoods is an illusion. While there are 'hoods in various sections of each county which are deemed unsafe, you might ask yourself, why? Well, because there is a created aversion to crimes going on that are not attended to ~ for example, you could go into the 'hood either in one area of Bradenton or one area of Sarasota and get whatever type of drug you want. Is it a crime to get drugs in the 'hood? The dopeman is right there on the corner or around it; and if you don't get arrested when you get your DOC, is it a crime when you bring it back to one of the islands to indulge? So we need to know what kind of high crime area of which you're interested in avoiding.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:47 AM

42 posts, read 33,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour D View Post
anyone else?

Looks like my input post was deleted for no known reason explained....I'll try again. It depends on WHAT KIND of crime! violent? non-violent? white collar??

In Sarasota some areas to avoid might be N Washington around an area called Newtown perhaps and ...in Bradenton, the city itself you might want to avoid key areas around the "east side of The City of Bradenton city limits". Also certain areas around the city of Palmetto (not all).

Crime can be everywhere. Lakewood Ranch has had an abundance of white collar criminals and scammers over the recent years - tons of it. LWR has even had murders, dope dealers, fraudsters, tax cheats, barred/de-frocked attorneys, unethical mortgage practices/bankers, appraisers arrested and charged, unethical accountants, barred stock and insurance brokers (from LWR to DT Sarasota, to Longboat). Also LWR has had a lot of domestic violent abuses.

So crime is omnipresent and a matter of type and degree...moreso in the last 10 years than ever before.

Old 01-14-2021, 03:41 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour D View Post
Just curious for peoples thoughts on this. Mid 40's conservative couple moving to the area and just using the Crime map on Realtor so far.
In re-reading your post, I was wondering what being "conservative" has to do with your question.

Old 01-15-2021, 07:12 PM

282 posts, read 248,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
In re-reading your post, I was wondering what being "conservative" has to do with your question.
I guess they don't want to relocate to a liberal area. Perhaps there is a concern as to whether prosecutors release repeat offenders, etc. We have people fleeing NYC for that reason. I don't know, but those are my thoughts, for what that's worth, lol

Old 01-17-2021, 10:39 AM

66 posts, read 79,325 times
To Sour D
40s and conservative couple? Most of the developments in Manatee County might suit you but I would avoid the surrounds of DT City of Sarasota, and parts of S Sarasota County. Lakewood Ranch is becoming a mixed bag - too many relos from the northeast over the past 4 years in re conservatism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area