U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 06:30 AM

14 posts, read 3,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Correct, the last 2 October's have been record-setting hot, and humid. Let's hope this October gets back to normal. Climate change is not 100% linear...there are ups & downs year to year, decade to decade, & in periods much longer than any of us will ever see.

Weather warms & cools over millons of years...Ice Ages are undeniable facts. Humans have no idea what causes global warming & cooling over millions of years. Human existance is a mere blink in time as compared with the age of Earth's atmosphere.
correct, but I'm sick of the term! first it was 'global warming', then it cleverly shifted to 'climate change' !
gee, history has taught me that changes in climate are constant. Too many PhD's and Rhoade Scholars lol

I like the term mosquito air force
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 06:45 AM

19,311 posts, read 12,615,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC42024 View Post
We will be relocating to the Bradenton/Sarasota area. I have heard a lot about Florida's weather, but not too much about the humidity. I am very sensitive to high humidities. What can you share with me about the local weather? For instance, is it more humid during the summer? Hopefully there are some months that aren't too bad.

Also, do the Gulf sea breezes make things more tolerable? Any and all information is welcome from natives and transplants.
A sea breeze make things much worse in the summer. It is like a steam bath from hell mel with nasty gulf water temps of 88 to 92f. I am right on the gulf and my lows are 78f to 84f for 6 months and dew points are 74f to 84f and very little rain since we stay in a west flow most of the summer.

When ya walk out at 6 am and get slapped down like a silly clown you will think your on Venus as the air is sucked right out of ya. True hell 9 months out of the year and getting worse as the planet super heats janet. We now see 90's into Nov as the planet has warmed so much since i started keeping records in the 1970's.

Soon it will be 80's and 90's year round out past 30 years and much less rain for the west coast.

Old 04-10-2021, 08:43 AM

14 posts, read 3,239 times
yes, but rain still gets dumped constantly just barely east of I75 every year like clockwork!

Old 04-10-2021, 10:24 AM

34 posts, read 23,289 times
Quote: True hell 9 months out of the year and getting worse as the planet super heats janet. We now see 90's into Nov as the planet has warmed so much since i started keeping records in the 1970's.

Soon it will be 80's and 90's year round out past 30 years and much less rain for the west coast.[/quote]

November through April is beautiful here. June-September are hot and humid-the rainy season. May and October are transitional months.

Old 04-10-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancoiner View Post
yes, but rain still gets dumped constantly just barely east of I75 every year like clockwork!
Always east of me since i am on the gulf.

Old 04-10-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbcapital View Post
Quote: True hell 9 months out of the year and getting worse as the planet super heats janet. We now see 90's into Nov as the planet has warmed so much since i started keeping records in the 1970's.

Soon it will be 80's and 90's year round out past 30 years and much less rain for the west coast.
November through April is beautiful here. June-September are hot and humid-the rainy season. May and October are transitional months.[/quote]

Don't know where here is. But Nov is still ghot as hell mel in my area.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:09 PM

49 posts, read 14,498 times
You’ll eventually get used to it. I’m not from FL originally, but after living here 20 years there’s a certain comfort I get from the summer heat and sometimes cold weather feels foreign. Granted it took a long time to become this way.

The sea breeze does help. The gulf is cooler than the inland during summer afternoons so air coming from it helps cool the coastal areas down. However, it is true that the gulf can hit 90f so sometimes it’s pretty hot even at the beach. Most of the summer it’s not quite that hot though and the wind coming off the water is refreshing.

Old 04-11-2021, 08:42 AM

24 posts, read 5,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
You’ll eventually get used to it. I’m not from FL originally, but after living here 20 years there’s a certain comfort I get from the summer heat and sometimes cold weather feels foreign. Granted it took a long time to become this way.

The sea breeze does help. The gulf is cooler than the inland during summer afternoons so air coming from it helps cool the coastal areas down. However, it is true that the gulf can hit 90f so sometimes it’s pretty hot even at the beach. Most of the summer it’s not quite that hot though and the wind coming off the water is refreshing.

You've only been in Florida since 2001, not a native, and your screen name suggest you're an "Expert" on Florida?

Hilarious! If I'm FROM Florida who knows the area more?

At least you're not one of these posters that chime in as bogus experts that ave been here well under 10 years!

~juicy

Old 04-11-2021, 12:38 PM

I was here 40 years before him and i am the real expert bert.

Old 04-11-2021, 12:52 PM

2,389 posts, read 1,216,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Always east of me since i am on the gulf.
Have you gotten any rain last night or today in the Bay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area