U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2021, 01:34 PM

19,311 posts, read 12,615,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Have you gotten any rain last night or today in the Bay?
I'm not near the bay ray. But after 3 months i got some rain jane.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 08:06 PM

3,592 posts, read 8,530,497 times
This area is as high humidity as you can get in the US - if you hate humidity - do not move here.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:52 AM

16 posts, read 14,277 times
Funny - every state that gets humid claims to be "the most hot and humid". if you google which state has the highest humidity in the US, it is Alaska. Go figure. I lived in Cincinnati for 3 decades and I can tell you that it is very humid there in the summer. Every time we go back to visit in the summer, it is every bit as hot and humid as here in Venice. Summer is hot almost every where. Side note! Do not go to AZ in August ever! THAT is real heat!!

Old 04-13-2021, 10:54 AM

16 posts, read 14,277 times
July and August are the hottest months here as almost anywhere in the US save the upper northeast of the US

Old 04-14-2021, 12:13 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,440,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyn75 View Post
Funny - every state that gets humid claims to be "the most hot and humid". if you google which state has the highest humidity in the US, it is Alaska. Go figure. I lived in Cincinnati for 3 decades and I can tell you that it is very humid there in the summer. Every time we go back to visit in the summer, it is every bit as hot and humid as here in Venice. Summer is hot almost every where. Side note! Do not go to AZ in August ever! THAT is real heat!!
Absolutely true about the Midwest, I grew up there. The difference is that summer didn’t last for 5-6 months like it does here. I love it here, but had to laugh when I overheard a new full time resident at our dentist office. He was telling the receptionist they spent two weeks in August here and temps were higher back home at that time, he thinks summer won’t be a problem. I hope he’s right, but expect to see some houses for sale after a first full-time summer season spent here.

Old Today, 08:31 PM

244 posts, read 131,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
You’ll eventually get used to it. I’m not from FL originally, but after living here 20 years there’s a certain comfort I get from the summer heat and sometimes cold weather feels foreign. Granted it took a long time to become this way.

The sea breeze does help. The gulf is cooler than the inland during summer afternoons so air coming from it helps cool the coastal areas down. However, it is true that the gulf can hit 90f so sometimes it’s pretty hot even at the beach. Most of the summer it’s not quite that hot though and the wind coming off the water is refreshing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area