U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 05:55 PM

11 posts, read 2,850 times

Advertisements

We will be relocating to the Bradenton/Sarasota area. I have heard a lot about Florida's weather, but not too much about the humidity. I am very sensitive to high humidities. What can you share with me about the local weather? For instance, is it more humid during the summer? Hopefully there are some months that aren't too bad.

Also, do the Gulf sea breezes make things more tolerable? Any and all information is welcome from natives and transplants.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2021, 07:44 PM

5,134 posts, read 6,915,325 times
There are a few months with tolerable humidity. For example, right now it's 66 with 53% humidity. Very comfortable. But from mid-May through October, it's going to be hot with high humidity. That's just a fact of life. That said, living near the coast helps. There's usually always a breeze. Personally, having come from PA, I find the humidity a bit more tolerable here than there. I remember stifling humidity where there was no relief even in the shade. Here, to me it feels about 10 degrees cooler in the shade.

It was funny, a few years ago I went up home (Phila.) in October. When we landed, it was gray and miserable. When I walked outside, I almost died at the humidity. It felt so much worse than what I was used to down here.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:01 PM

244 posts, read 131,061 times
It's Florida. Humidity is high in the summer months. That being said, I find it much much more tolerable than the inland temps and humidity. We are three miles off Anna Maria Island. Summer afternoons often bring showers that cool things down, but humidity does remain high. Sun goes down and outdoor dining is pleasant.

Old 04-04-2021, 07:42 AM

26,559 posts, read 14,988,631 times
Im thinking of moving to Btown as my sister is there. I am a Fl native - and it gets very hot and humid. But my biggest concern besides the alligators you can see when you live near the water - is the huge mosquitoes. Insane -and I have lived throughout Fl. The keys too have a mosquito airforce.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:55 AM

615 posts, read 443,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC42024 View Post
We will be relocating to the Bradenton/Sarasota area. I have heard a lot about Florida's weather, but not too much about the humidity. I am very sensitive to high humidities. What can you share with me about the local weather? For instance, is it more humid during the summer? Hopefully there are some months that aren't too bad.

Also, do the Gulf sea breezes make things more tolerable? Any and all information is welcome from natives and transplants.
Sorry bud, I had to laugh at this post. I'm a bit shocked you are considering moving to this area, if you don't like humidity, and have not researched it.

There's pretty much a solid 6-months (May-Sept) of high heat and high humidity. The Dew Point may not drop below 70 much of this time, and is around 80 most every afternoon.

The other 6 months have plenty of humid days, but also plenty of drier days.

I'm not complaining or trying to scare you off. I'm just sharing my personal observations of living here over the past 5 years.

Old 04-05-2021, 06:59 PM

83 posts, read 15,461 times
This is Florida. It's extremely humid in the summer. And by summer, I mean May through early October. Yes, it's better here than it is in Orlando, but it's still very hot and very humid.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:45 PM

5,134 posts, read 6,915,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
This is Florida. It's extremely humid in the summer. And by summer, I mean May through early October. Yes, it's better here than it is in Orlando, but it's still very hot and very humid.
And lately it's been full October too. Weather didn't break last year until November 3rd (according to my unscientific records). Used to be October 22nd.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:36 AM

12,044 posts, read 3,770,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
And lately it's been full October too. Weather didn't break last year until November 3rd (according to my unscientific records). Used to be October 22nd.
Correct, the last 2 October's have been record-setting hot, and humid. Let's hope this October gets back to normal. Climate change is not 100% linear...there are ups & downs year to year, decade to decade, & in periods much longer than any of us will ever see.

Weather warms & cools over millons of years...Ice Ages are undeniable facts. Humans have no idea what causes global warming & cooling over millions of years. Human existance is a mere blink in time as compared with the age of Earth's atmosphere.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:50 PM

Default Thank You

Thank you for everyone's input. I appreciate it.

Old 04-08-2021, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Im thinking of moving to Btown as my sister is there. I am a Fl native - and it gets very hot and humid. But my biggest concern besides the alligators you can see when you live near the water - is the huge mosquitoes. Insane -and I have lived throughout Fl. The keys too have a mosquito airforce.
I am afraid of alligators, so I will be staying away from freshwater. I know they're everywhere and I will eventually be immune to them.

Hilarious way of describing the mosquitoes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area