U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2021, 04:48 PM
 
138 posts, read 199,950 times
Reputation: 80

Advertisements

We are looking for a nice condo around $200k in the Sarasota:Bradenton:CLEARWATER AREA. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2021, 05:03 PM
 
Location: USA
2,237 posts, read 849,097 times
Reputation: 6282
Unsure of where you are looking. From Sarasota to Clearwater is a very large area. About 1 1/2 - 2 hrs from top to bottom.

Also, what do you need in a condo? ?bedrooms; ? bathrooms; ?schools; ?commute; ?beach;

Some background would help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2021, 05:37 PM
 
138 posts, read 199,950 times
Reputation: 80
Looking for a 2/2 with a nice pool. 55 plus would be great. Something that has activities. It doesn’t have to be close to the beach.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2021, 06:44 AM
 
37 posts, read 23,554 times
Reputation: 57
We have a condo in southwest Bradenton we bought nearly two years ago. We paid a lot less than $200k for it, but had to do a lot of renovations and work to get it to our standards, but happy with our place and the complex we live in.

I will say the inventory of units now is a lot less than when we were looking. But that doesn't mean you will not be able to find something. It will just take some work and effort. We came down and visited for several days and drove through the areas we were looking at units. I would suggest doing the same if you are not local to the market right now.

As for recommendations, in Bradenton, I would look at Vizcaya, which is near IMG Academy. It is a gated community and has a nice pool. Also, you could look at Ironwood. It has a combination of 55+ units and no age restriction units and has a gold course there. I am not crazy about it being right off of Cortez (a very busy road), but I think the complex itself is nice and lots of units there.

With a 200k budget, no need for you to consider the 55+ Burgundy and Bayshore Gardens properties in Bradenton. These complexes are pretty ordinary if you are looking to spend towards your budget.

If you want to look up towards St. Pete and Clearwater, there is a 55+ complex called Five Towns on the edge of St. Pete and Seminole. There is a variety of buildings and different units there. Plenty of activities offered there and amenities. Same goes for the On Top of The World Complex in Clearwater. But, On Top of the World is absolutely huge and a little too busy for me. But, if you are looking to meet other people and do social things, this might be a place that suits you better. The place has pools a dog park, workout facilites, etc.

There are many other options out there, but hopefully this gives you something to consider.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2021, 08:16 AM
 
138 posts, read 199,950 times
Reputation: 80
Thank You so much! Yes, Top of the World is to busy for me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2021, 08:21 AM
 
37 posts, read 23,554 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkbaby View Post
Thank You so much! Yes, Top of the World is to busy for me.
You are welcome. Good luck. Let us know what you end up finding.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2021, 09:01 AM
 
16 posts, read 3,305 times
Reputation: 41
be careful in FL, condo rules are crazy and so are fees-they never go down
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2021, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Sarasota/ Bradenton - University Pkwy area
3,754 posts, read 5,505,077 times
Reputation: 3927
Inventory for condos, while low, still offers a lot of options for buyers vs the single family homes.

In our area, some suggestions:

Lakewood Ranch -- Greenbrook Walk & Village at Townpark

University Park area (34201) -- Carolina Landings

Bradenton -- Sabal Harbour (34203), Tara has a number of condo communities (34203), Village Green (34209), Wildewood Springs (34210)


Sarasota -- see below. Some are 55+ communities, others are not.

The Meadows -- great golf & country club community without mandatory membership requirements, mainly 1980's condos, well maintained community, condos may need some updating (34235)

Palm Aire -- actually located in south Manatee county but have Sarasota mailing addresses (34243). Another somewhat older golf & country club community without mandatory memberships.

Village Plaza (34232)

Oakhurst (34233)

Village Green (34232)

Palmer Ranch -- Serenade & Plaza de Flores (34208) Note: I left off Vintage Grand and Bella Villino for now because both are going thru massive renovations due to stucco / window fail issues and there are hefty special assessments, whether being treated as separate special assessments or being added into the condo fees. Some sections of BV have almost paid off the repairs. If looking at either of these, please take the time to get ALL the budget and special assessments info before writing any contracts.



In general, when purchasing condos, buyers should always ask for and read thru the Rules & Regulations and the budget before writing any offers, not after you've signed a contract, paying special attention to the Reserves section of the budget. If a condo association lacks sufficient reserves to replace things such as roofs, you can expect special assessments to be levied at some point of time in the future to pay for those larger repair items. You'll also want to know how many units are owner occupied and how many are investor owned (rentals). Your agent should be able to obtain all of the above for you, especially as a number of agents routinely attach those documents to the MLS listings for agents to download.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2021, 08:33 AM
 
443 posts, read 636,787 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Inventory for condos, while low, still offers a lot of options for buyers vs the single family homes.

In our area, some suggestions:

Lakewood Ranch -- Greenbrook Walk & Village at Townpark

University Park area (34201) -- Carolina Landings

Bradenton -- Sabal Harbour (34203), Tara has a number of condo communities (34203), Village Green (34209), Wildewood Springs (34210)


Sarasota -- see below. Some are 55+ communities, others are not.

The Meadows -- great golf & country club community without mandatory membership requirements, mainly 1980's condos, well maintained community, condos may need some updating (34235)

Palm Aire -- actually located in south Manatee county but have Sarasota mailing addresses (34243). Another somewhat older golf & country club community without mandatory memberships.

Village Plaza (34232)

Oakhurst (34233)

Village Green (34232)

Palmer Ranch -- Serenade & Plaza de Flores (34208) Note: I left off Vintage Grand and Bella Villino for now because both are going thru massive renovations due to stucco / window fail issues and there are hefty special assessments, whether being treated as separate special assessments or being added into the condo fees. Some sections of BV have almost paid off the repairs. If looking at either of these, please take the time to get ALL the budget and special assessments info before writing any contracts.



In general, when purchasing condos, buyers should always ask for and read thru the Rules & Regulations and the budget before writing any offers, not after you've signed a contract, paying special attention to the Reserves section of the budget. If a condo association lacks sufficient reserves to replace things such as roofs, you can expect special assessments to be levied at some point of time in the future to pay for those larger repair items. You'll also want to know how many units are owner occupied and how many are investor owned (rentals). Your agent should be able to obtain all of the above for you, especially as a number of agents routinely attach those documents to the MLS listings for agents to download.
Why are realtors so lazy they wont list HOA'S fees on realtor.com. They put customize instead. Are they affraid the fees will scare a buyer away? When searching for condos and I see that I just move on.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2021, 10:38 AM
 
11 posts, read 1,010 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave w View Post
Why are realtors so lazy they wont list HOA'S fees on realtor.com. They put customize instead. Are they affraid the fees will scare a buyer away? When searching for condos and I see that I just move on.
That's why I would never advise anyone to buy a condo here in Florida. The likely special assessments are murderous.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top