U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2021, 08:54 AM

24 posts, read 2,754 times

Advertisements

Fraud Risk>> no kidding, not surprised

https://www.floridarealtors.org/news...m_source=iPost
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 12:55 PM

207 posts, read 105,558 times
I saw that article also

Old 04-26-2021, 08:13 PM

yes, almost ALL fraudsters are transplants btw, no kidding on that, it's not locals/natives according to the feds, and many are living nextdoor to you...lol....again, no surprise unfortunately, but it's getting worse each month it seems...turn on the news....all mostly transplants

Old 04-26-2021, 08:26 PM

1,857 posts, read 1,275,684 times
Also been hearing about A LOT of PPP loan fraud being used to by houses and cars all across the country.

One here in Ft. Myers who owns a roofing company is going to prison for using it to buy a million dollar house.

Another guy in Dallas bought a mansion with PPP money and another in Atlanta I think.

Just how much PPP loan fraud is being used to buy smaller houses we are not hearing about?

Seems once a week I hear about PPP fraud being used to buy houses and cars.

And the fraud is pretty clear too. Using fake SS numbers and lying about employees. You'd think people would be more clever.

Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post

One here in Ft. Myers who owns a roofing company is going to prison for using it to buy a million dollar house.

And the fraud is pretty clear too. Using fake SS numbers and lying about employees. You'd think people would be more clever.

Yes, I saw that too. Florida is now filling up with those bold and 'clever' ones pouring in and buying houses like that idiot. And it's not just about mortgage fraud or the PPP giveaways. The Florida state watchdogs are seeing stuff like this sort that they haven't seen in decades, such as folks from NJ and AZ involved in the auto and home warranty scams. (One guy used to be on CD).

Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM

1,857 posts, read 1,275,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo Owens View Post
Yes, I saw that too. Florida is now filling up with those bold and 'clever' ones pouring in and buying houses like that idiot. And it's not just about mortgage fraud or the PPP giveaways. The Florida state watchdogs are seeing stuff like this sort that they haven't seen in decades, such as folks from NJ and AZ involved in the auto and home warranty scams. (One guy used to be on CD).

Those extended auto warranties are a rip off. I'm from St. Louis and I forgot the name but they would advertise nationally and were based in St. Louis. Their owner was one big con man.

Dallas area is also seeing these home scammers as well. Actually a few PPP ones. Another PPP scammer bought a big mansion up by Orlando I think. Then you have the Miami moron who used PPP to buy a Lambo and did a hit and run.

but these scams are just massive. Lying about having 40 employees and in reality no employees.

These lockdowns were a farce and really screwed everything up. Did nothing to stop a virus.

Fl seems full of shady people, especially Orlando on southward.

You don't hear about these fraud cases as much in North FL. I guess they don't want to live in the rural, colder areas of the state.

Old Today, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Those extended auto warranties are a rip off. I'm from St. Louis and I forgot the name but they would advertise nationally and were based in St. Louis. Their owner was one big con man.

but these scams are just massive. Lying about having 40 employees and in reality no employees.

Fl seems full of shady people, especially Orlando on southward.

You don't hear about these fraud cases as much in North FL. I guess they don't want to live in the rural, colder areas of the state.

Yes, Florida is attracting massive numbers of white collar crooks, and Lakewood Ranch is full of them ! barely legitimate if at all, insurance fraud companies especially a few that have re-located their entire families into million dollar houses after being shut down by authorities in another state (one such example I KNOW), specializing in the Long Term Care insurance 'bidness' lol

The Exotic Warranty Company/Genuine Warranty.

Read about Arthur Nadel of Sarasota, aka mini-Madoff, scammer lol

One guy who is still a member/poster here was involved in a auto warranty scam here and in AZ, and he lived off Lockwood Ridge in the Woodbridge sub, but he too now is in the Orlando area in about a million dollar house. So yes, Orlando is a magnet. Another slimeball from NY imho.

Old Today, 05:50 AM

Yep, the fraudsters are even in hanging (posting) out here. Contractors/builders/GC's/Repair that have had legal problems/failures in other countries even and states landing here in the Sarasota/Manatee area, including a bunch of 'Ukrainian' (ah-hem..RUSSIANs) hanging out in Northport for example. Distrubing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: