Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 10:12 AM

39 posts, read 60,482 times

Advertisements

Please advise: Does somebody have any suggestions for a rental by section 8 in Sarasota, Venice, Nokomis, or suburbs 1-2 bedrooms. My parents (seniors) are looking for a place. It doesn't need to be among other people that are on section 8, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 10:37 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APAL62 View Post
Please advise: Does somebody have any suggestions for a rental by section 8 in Sarasota, Venice, Nokomis, or suburbs 1-2 bedrooms. My parents (seniors) are looking for a place. It doesn't need to be among other people that are on section 8, please.
You're kidding, right? Your parents want a Section 8 rental but don't want to be around other Section 8 renters? Why is that?

Old 04-28-2021, 05:52 AM

39 posts, read 60,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
You're kidding, right? Your parents want a Section 8 rental but don't want to be around other Section 8 renters? Why is that?
Thank you for help!!!

Old 04-28-2021, 05:58 AM

25 posts, read 37,618 times
^^ the OP didn't say what you inferred

The OP said it doesn't NEED to be around other section 8, or "have to be" limited to that....meaning there is no requisite to be in a property designated to cater to that type of govt voucher.....meaning are there properties that would accept that voucher as well

my my

Old 04-28-2021, 06:23 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times
I'm confused. In a previous post you said you and your husband are in your thirties and then in another one you said you're in your fifties. All of us here like to help. I'm just trying to figure out what's up.

I didn't read anything wrong in your post about Section 8. I thought you were referring to not wanting a housing project and wanting more of a residential single family neighborhood.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:54 AM

8,145 posts, read 4,654,186 times
The Sarasota Housing Authority has a list of rentals that accept the Section 8 choice voucher:

Section 8 Housing Search | Section 8 Houses For Rent | Section 8 Housing List | GoSection8.com

Here is a web site with affordable rentals and most of the rentals accept Section 8. For many of them there is a waiting list though:

https://www.socialserve.com/index.html

Also your parents can try putting a "rental wanted" ad on Craigslist and if they're patient they probably will get a few replies from landlords. But be careful because some of the replies will be scams. If they are not adept at weeding out the scammers Craigslist might not be the best route.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:13 AM

396 posts, read 417,411 times
Translation: I want to bring my parents here so they can be a burden to the taxpayers.

OP, dude.....this post of yours take guts.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:25 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _burrito View Post
Translation: I want to bring my parents here so they can be a burden to the taxpayers.

OP, dude.....this post of yours take guts.
Without knowing the whole situation, your post is rather rude. His parents may have worked hard their entire lives and due to medical or some other issue are now having financial difficulty.

I would be more concerned with able bodied people who receive welfare, not seniors.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:46 AM

25 posts, read 37,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Without knowing the whole situation, your post is rather rude. His parents may have worked hard their entire lives and due to medical or some other issue are now having financial difficulty.

I would be more concerned with able bodied people who receive welfare, not seniors.

exactly !

Old 04-28-2021, 09:45 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo Owens View Post
^^ the OP didn't say what you inferred

The OP said it doesn't NEED to be around other section 8, or "have to be" limited to that....meaning there is no requisite to be in a property designated to cater to that type of govt voucher.....meaning are there properties that would accept that voucher as well

my my
Oh FLO, this is quite a switch, isn't it? This is exactly what was said:

"It doesn't need to be among other people that are on section 8, please."

The words "people" and "please" at the end put on a different meaning than "does not have to be limited to". Sorry, that is the way I interpreted it and YMMV, Flo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area