Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2020, 01:19 PM

8,129 posts, read 4,654,186 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.her...amp/6328301002

SARASOTA COUNTY — New Year and Fourth of July revelers in Sarasota County will no longer face fines or jail time now that elected officials here have repealed a previous requirement that most people acquire a permit from the Sheriff’s Office or fire department in order to purchase projectile fireworks and firecrackers.

In repealing the ban on Tuesday, Sarasota County will now allow residents to use fireworks that fly or explode on three days of the year — aligning the county with a bill signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis in April.

The new state law allows people 18 and older to buy fireworks to legally set off on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day and Independence Day. Buyers previously had to sign a waiver that stated they will use the fireworks for agricultural purposes such as scaring away birds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 01:32 PM

I have no problem with people celebrating lighting off fireworks on New Years and Fourth of July. However as is usually the case the lighting of fireworks isn't limited to three days of the year. It tends to start several days before the holidays and declines several days after the holidays. I doubt law enforcement will want to be bothered with fireworks complaints even on the "illegal days". It's usually kids/teens lighting off fireworks when they're not supposed to - and this also creates a safety risk.

Last edited by wondermint2; 11-18-2020 at 01:56 PM..

Old 11-19-2020, 08:10 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
This governor is really bucking the trend and embracing freedoms. As someone that goes back and forth between here an Pennsylvania, I envy this state. Pennsylvania is shutting down hard and everyone is miserable. Places are closing up shop for good up there. Not down here. Lucky. Well done on freedom. Not a fan of fireworks, but respect people’s rights.

Old 11-19-2020, 10:06 AM

127 posts, read 131,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
This governor is really bucking the trend and embracing freedoms. As someone that goes back and forth between here an Pennsylvania, I envy this state. Pennsylvania is shutting down hard and everyone is miserable. Places are closing up shop for good up there. Not down here. Lucky. Well done on freedom. Not a fan of fireworks, but respect people’s rights.

Yeah, but the problem the same folks "up there" that screwed up their own state in the first place, are trying to move "down here" and will s crew this state up - that's the PROBLEM NOW.

I'm a fan of fireworks used safely, but I'm a Southerner and we like our rights, and thank god for DeSantis

Old 11-19-2020, 01:21 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitondowntheroad View Post
Yeah, but the problem the same folks "up there" that screwed up their own state in the first place, are trying to move "down here" and will s crew this state up - that's the PROBLEM NOW.

I'm a fan of fireworks used safely, but I'm a Southerner and we like our rights, and thank god for DeSantis
Been down here since the early 80’s. Pittsburgh isn’t Philly. Homeowner and lived here full time for over 10 years in the middle of the state. Fit right in. No CA/NYC type here. DeSantis might be the best governor of them all. Very with our times. Sees the future well.

Old 11-22-2020, 11:54 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitondowntheroad View Post
Oh, we're not just trying. We're actually doing it. So move over, baby, here we come!!!

Old 11-22-2020, 01:31 PM

1,253 posts, read 502,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I hate fireworks too, but I am with you on letting people enjoy life here. I am so glad I live here. I love my home state and our FANTASTIC Governor.

Old 05-14-2021, 07:28 PM

The annoying firecracker noise has already started in my neighborhood and we're just halfway through May. As I said I'm not against lighting firecracrackers on the 4th of July - but doing it now is illegal. I'm sure law enforcement probably doesn't want to be bothered with enforcing this as they figure they've got more important things to do. Such geniuses the lawmakers are in Sarasota County for changing the law and making fireworks legal. They didn't figure that many people don't wait until the 4th of July to start lighting them off?

Old 05-15-2021, 01:28 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
It all about pandering to a certain section of voting public
DeSantis does a great job of it and now local officials are copying his ways
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: