Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2021, 08:43 PM

4,614 posts, read 7,532,666 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

The season has begun, here's a list of fun things I've found that are going on in the Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area this weekend (please note that some of the events require masks):

OCT. 9 - NOV. 28

Selby Gardens Orchid Show -- orchids displayed with a Ringling Circus flair. Regular admission prices, 10 am - 5 pm, Marie Selby Botanical Gardens.

OCT. 8 - NOV. 26

Autumn Hay Maze -- Nathan Benderson Park's playground garden area, open 6 am - 8 pm daily until Nov 1st, then 6 am - 6 pm daily.

THURSDAY

Ringling Underground -- live music by local musicians in the museum courtyard, 8 - 11 pm, $15/person.

FRIDAY

It's back! Lakewood Ranch's Music on Main event -- live music, food trucks, vendors, events. 6 - 9 pm.

FRIDAY - SATURDAY

Festival of the Skeletons -- live music, food offerings, special discounts. Village of the Arts, 12th St W in Bradenton. Fri 6 - 9:30 pm, Sat 11 am - 4 pm.

SATURDAY

Sarasota Farmers Market -- downtown at Lemon & Main, 7 am - 1 pm.

Central Sarasota Farmers Market -- corner Proctor & Beneva, 8 am - 1 pm.

Bradenton Farmers Market -- on Old Main Street (400 12th St W), 9 am - 2 pm. Veggies, organics, fresh eggs, seafood and more.

Venice Farmers Market -- at the City Hall, 401 W Venice Ave, 8 am - 1 pm.
Summer Hours: 8 am - noon.

UTC Fit Day -- free fitness classes at University Town Mall by The Vitamin Shoppe, starts at 9:30 am.

Ferrari's at St. Armand's Circle -- car show 10 am - 4 pm.

LeMarche Bohemien Marketplace -- a different kind of market of salvaged, vintage, repurposed and creative items. 10 am - 5 pm, Shelby Five Points Park in downtown Sarasota.

Gulf Coast's Wild about Nature Festival -- on Little Sarasota Bay at Bay Preserve in Osprey. Educational, fossil digs, family friendly activities, live music & food trucks. 11 am - 4 pm. Free admission.

Taste of Mixon's -- sample their various food products and wines. Free admission. 2525 27th St E, Bradenton, 11 am - 3 pm.

Rockin Lobster Beach Party at Sharkey's on the Pier -- fundraising event. Lobster fest, s'mores, open bar. 6 - 11 pm. Tickets $200/person to $1500 VIP table of 4.

Cars & Coffee on Cattlemen -- car show at Elite Motor Works, 1749 Cattlemen Rd, starts at 7:30 am.

SATURDAY - SUNDAY

Sarasota Boat Expo -- new boats, fishing gear, vendors. Fri & Sat 10 am - 6 pm, Sun 10 am - 5 pm, Robarts Arena at the Sarasota county fairgrounds. Adults $6, ages 12 & under get in free.

Venice Art Fest -- along West Venice Ave, 10 am - 5 pm.

Sarasota Medieval Fair -- New Location - Woods of Mellavanny. Knights, minstrels, all things medieval. Turkey legs & ale. Adults $21.95, Students/Seniors $18.95, ages 5 - 10 $9.95. 10 am - 5:30 pm. State Rd 70 13 miles east of I-75.

Suncoast Renaissance Festival -- recreation of a medieval/renaissance village. 10 am - 6 pm, various price packages, Sarasota county fairgrounds.

SUNDAY

Lakewood Ranch Farmers Market -- LWR Medical Center parking lot, 10 am - 2 pm.

NEW: The Meadows Farmers Market -- At the Meadows shopping village off Honore, 10 am - 2 pm.

Polo at Lakewood Ranch -- closed for the summer, back Dec 19th for winter season.

The Ski-A-Rees Water Ski Show -- show at 2 pm, Ken Thompson Park on City Island.

Sarasota Manatee Bicycle Club's Gulf Coast Cycle Fest -- 25 - 75 mile routes, not racing. Registration required. 8100 Lakewood Ranch Main, 6:30 am - 3 pm.

Bill Mergens Memorial Car & Truck Show -- large car & truck show, $1/person donation admission, Gamble Plantation Historical State Park in Ellenton.

Have a great weekend everyone. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2021, 07:36 AM

562 posts, read 550,294 times
you rock, I love these.

Old 11-05-2021, 06:13 AM

25,711 posts, read 12,786,330 times
I don't think anyone will be taking their Ferrari's out in this weather

Old 11-05-2021, 09:50 AM

747 posts, read 847,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I don't think anyone will be taking their Ferrari's out in this weather
Exactly my thoughts, there are a few locals that actually DRIVE them though in this area

Old 11-06-2021, 09:13 AM

274 posts, read 326,513 times
I can't believe this is all in one weekend! First of all, I'd like to go to more than one. Secondly, I cannot imagine the parking situation in Sarasota. How are two things at the Fair Ground's at once? (boat show and medieval village?)

Old 11-07-2021, 12:22 PM

25,711 posts, read 12,786,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygphotos View Post
Exactly my thoughts, there are a few locals that actually DRIVE them though in this area
I'm seeing more and more exotics in Sarasota County...including Ferrari's. I saw a new dark grey Lambo at Crow's Nest in Venice just yesterday. I've been seeing a black McLaren around here too.

I think the snowbirds have their exotics shipped down here for the season because I dont see nearly as many off-season. Many just suddenly appear out of nowhere.

I drive mine (non-Italian) year round, if the weather's nice. I've gone to most of the exotic car displays on St. Armands over the past 4 years, but missed this one.

I hate paying for parking in St. Armands, so I don't go there nearly as much as I used to, when the parking was free....my petty way of protesting...I hate paying redundent taxes. I paid taxes to build those parking spots, and now they want to charge me again? Not going to happen.

I can go along with charging to park in the new multi-level garage there, but on most streets, & on the circle too...nah, I'll pass. I know of a few free parking places there, so if I really want to go to an event there, I arrive early before the free spots fill up.

I sent a note to the St. Armands retailers assn to let them know they won't be seeing me as much anymore...but they don't care...plenty of tourists will pay to park, so they won't miss me...except for a few places I spent a lot of $ at regularly.

Old 11-11-2021, 10:16 AM

747 posts, read 847,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I'm seeing more and more exotics in Sarasota County...including Ferrari's. I saw a new dark grey Lambo at Crow's Nest in Venice just yesterday. I've been seeing a black McLaren around here too.

I think the snowbirds have their exotics shipped down here for the season because I dont see nearly as many off-season. Many just suddenly appear out of nowhere.

I drive mine (non-Italian) year round, if the weather's nice. I've gone to most of the exotic car displays on St. Armands over the past 4 years, but missed this one.

I hate paying for parking in St. Armands, so I don't go there nearly as much as I used to, when the parking was free....my petty way of protesting...I hate paying redundent taxes. I paid taxes to build those parking spots, and now they want to charge me again? Not going to happen.

I can go along with charging to park in the new multi-level garage there, but on most streets, & on the circle too...nah, I'll pass. I know of a few free parking places there, so if I really want to go to an event there, I arrive early before the free spots fill up.

I sent a note to the St. Armands retailers assn to let them know they won't be seeing me as much anymore...but they don't care...plenty of tourists will pay to park, so they won't miss me...except for a few places I spent a lot of $ at regularly.
Agreed 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area