Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 04:09 PM

44 posts, read 55,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronDavidSchultz View Post
Sorry, after a bit of research, the majority of the dispatched calls are to investigate alleged criminal/civil violations (assault, robbery, trespass, and even process service) were by fairly recent transplants, including an episode of a murder in LWR.

This also includes several very closely located episodes of enforcement of the Baker Act....and discharge of shots and vehicular homicide.

The media, e.g. Bay News 9 and others reported what Manatee County Sheriff's Department stated as the impetus for established a LWR SUBSTATION:

One article stated:

LAKEWOOD RANCH, Fla. — Manatee County officials say they are seeing an increase in crime.
  • Crime rates inch higher in Manatee
  • Sheriff's Office: Vehicle thefts and burglaries
  • New sheriff's substation in Lakewood Ranch
However, they are advising the public to be aware, take precautions and so things as simple as lock house doors and car doors to avoid becoming a victim....
Lakewood Ranch is one of the fastest growing areas in Manatee County.
Deputies are targeting that area because the crime rate has risen with the influx of people....Wells said. "Our deputies will now have another office location to work from, which not only increases our response time to calls, but also allows the public a more convenient place to stop, ask questions, and file reports if needed. This is a great addition to the Lakewood Ranch community."

Of course, Lakewood Ranch is not immune, neither is anywhere else in the area, and it's getting worse unfortunately...all over.

https://www.mysuncoast.com/news/crime/

You know we have a problem, if we have stuff like this as well:

https://www.srqmagazine.com/srq-dail...-Scripts-Fraud
Dude you have way too much on your hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 10:26 AM

200 posts, read 157,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrllkllER View Post
Dude you have way too much on your hands.
Then refrain from reading and commenting if you "can"....problem (yours) solved ! right?

Happy New Year !......'dude'...'dude' - how stupid

Old 01-07-2022, 04:21 PM

44 posts, read 55,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronDavidSchultz View Post
Then refrain from reading and commenting if you "can"....problem (yours) solved ! right?

Happy New Year !......'dude'...'dude' - how stupid

Oh I have actually begun to look forward to seeing what your latest deprecating remark will be. Because you just can't leave any comment hanging can you?

Old 01-08-2022, 08:23 AM

dude lol...dude

Old 01-09-2022, 10:47 AM

10 posts, read 9,171 times
Crime goes up as the population increases. I'm planning to move to this area from South FL as the crime here is very bad already. It's not too encouraging to hear about these crimes in LWR, this area seems to be nice & quite... I guess is getting bad everywhere now.

Old 01-10-2022, 10:03 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,406,915 times
Sheckie always "knows a guy". "I stopped in to the police station to chat them up about crime in LWR...they of course had time to share all kinds of info with me....".

Old 01-11-2022, 07:56 AM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
When will the 2021 crime stats be released for the Lakewood Ranch zip codes?

I'd like to put these recent incidences into proper perspective, by comparing them to nearby areas, statewide, & national.

Old 01-11-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
When will the 2021 crime stats be released for the Lakewood Ranch zip codes?

I'd like to put these recent incidences into proper perspective, by comparing them to nearby areas, statewide, & national.
Manatee County Sheriff's Office is and has complied some of that data, but there is a lag (obviously so).

Those "recent incidences" are already into "proper perspective". They represent and obvious INCREASE in crime for those zipcodes. What happens in the rest of the state, or the rest of the nation is non-sequitur given the simple fact that the local residents are the ones that are affected and put in danger, not those citizens that say, live in Orlando.... or Chicago or Miami in re national incidents which skew crime stats significantly (obviously so).

So, comparing Lakewood Ranch crime stats should be logically compared only to prior Lakewood Ranch crime stats. For instance, comparing LWR crime stats to New Town is irrelevant for LWR residents, comparing LWR stats to that of Palmer Ranch is also irrelevant with respect to the safety of LWR residents.
Additionally, I don't think residents who live in Palma Sola or Longboat are comparing their incidences of crime to anything happening in LWR - they would be focused on incidents of crime in their own areas.

I would advise anyone to speak with officers at the Satellite Lakewood Ranch Sheriff's Office about most any "recent incidents" year over year. Believe me, they know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area