Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 10:10 AM

81 posts, read 75,445 times

Advertisements

Narrowing my research of neurosurgeons for neck surgery. Any feedback from personal experience appreciated.

John Cassidy MD
Ryan Glasser, MD
Robert Knego, MD
Huan (John) Wang, MD

Any other area neurosurgeons I should be checking out? A previous inquiry response named Dr. Patel, but for now I am ruling him out. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2022, 10:33 AM

200 posts, read 156,996 times
Don't get medical referrals/reviews/personal references, evals of specific physicians on the web like this....it's fraught with liability, bias, and inaccuracies.

Get your private reviews/referrals from your own physician, not from strangers.

Check out local medical referral agencies, hospital resources, medical practice attorneys etc.

The web forum is NOT a reliable medical source....and it might get you in Court.

Old 01-19-2022, 07:13 PM

My own physician came up empty. He never even followed up with me after an MRI he ordered. Instead, a nurse called me and told me to see a pain doctor for shots. Nice, huh. I'm flying blind on my own.

Another doctor - one of my spouse's - named the above docs - which I why I'm trying to get more info. on them.

Old 01-22-2022, 10:26 AM

200 posts, read 156,996 times
faceless people here on the web are not good sources for your highly personal medical needs and referrals...try the local medical society, etc, e.g. friends, relatives, your priest, rabbi, congregants.

Sites like this generate opinions on top of other opinions generated sometimes by paid posters, very new residents who know little, influencers, CVB types/boosters and lots of bored old retirees and real estate hawkers.

Medical advice? Solid Physician advise/grades? er, no way.

Old 01-22-2022, 08:53 PM

7,706 posts, read 5,448,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtix View Post
Narrowing my research of neurosurgeons for neck surgery. Any feedback from personal experience appreciated.

John Cassidy MD
Ryan Glasser, MD
Robert Knego, MD
Huan (John) Wang, MD

Any other area neurosurgeons I should be checking out? A previous inquiry response named Dr. Patel, but for now I am ruling him out. Thanks.
I have no personal knowledge of any of the doctors.

US News and World Report, the magazine that rates doctors, hospitals and health organizations, has information on Neurosurgeons in Sarasota-Bradenton, FL here:

https://health.usnews.com/doctors/ne...ns/sarasota-fl

Old 01-23-2022, 10:14 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
Maybe change your doctor to your wife’s

Old 01-23-2022, 11:32 AM

9,114 posts, read 6,160,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtix View Post

John Cassidy MD
Ryan Glasser, MD
Robert Knego, MD
Huan (John) Wang, MD

As a first step, check out the state's licensing boards for background and any disciplinary actions in Florida.

https://mqa-internet.doh.state.fl.us...rProfileSearch

Old 01-23-2022, 11:43 AM

112 posts, read 184,415 times
To answer the OP's original question, we lived in Rotonda and went to a neurosurgeon in Ft. Myers (Dr. Joseph Kandel) who we were pleased with. We did move back north several years ago, so it's been a few years since we've seen him.

I know what you're going through. I've recently had to find a new orthopedic surgeon in our new area and all the research in the world offers little comfort vs the recommendation from someone who's opinion you sort-a trust.

Good Luck

Old 01-27-2022, 01:28 PM

Responding to SFBayBoomer - Thanks for the link, appreciated. Someone sent me a message that one doctor on that list in the link - Dr. Farahvar - had his privileges revoked at / by SMH.

Last edited by ghtix; 01-27-2022 at 01:49 PM..

Old 01-30-2022, 01:03 PM

5,587 posts, read 8,399,588 times
I went to Dr. Ryan Glasser for a consultation on cervical pain that was affecting my ability to lift my arm. Based on the degeneration of my cervical (and all) my discs, he recommended a cervical fusion. I agreed, but then started wondering whether this surgery would guarantee I'd be able to lift my arm again. He said he could not guarantee that. Since I was no longer having the pain that caused the condition, I told him I wanted to cancel the surgery. He was very nice about it and totally understanding. He said other doctors may try to scare you by saying you're thisclose away to being paralyzed if you don't have the surgery, but he said as long as I don't go bungee jumping or something similar, it's not the case. I appreciated the fact he didn't try to pressure me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area