Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2022, 11:33 AM

3,835 posts, read 3,379,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen440 View Post
yeah, what about that scam and lousy service of Envera Systems as well?

We don't have that but we have a automated gate that closes from 7pm to 8am. The thing sucks. We have a remote which is fine, but the kiosk to allow guests in NEVER works. Seen it work once in the 6.5 years I've lived here. The thing is always breaking down as well and costs $$ to repair and a couple times we've had people run into the actual gate at night. A chunk of the HOA goes towards the two gates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2022, 07:30 AM

113 posts, read 90,783 times
^^^ge glad you don't have their systems and services - breakdowns and the dumbest employees running and answering their kiosks/cameras -

They also sell and market your data - pictures of your car(s) ID, plates, and document your comings and goings - massive use of LPRs, and even share it with all kinds of law enforcement and others even if they have set up on a "private road" or "private street" ("gated") - most people and residents aren't aware of what they do with all of their data, recordings, and even visitors/relatives.

Old 02-26-2022, 08:22 AM

26,064 posts, read 13,074,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Hbcapital posted the above ^^^ on February 9th 2022. : $739k

Today, February 18th 2022, just 9 days later, the price just jumped ANOTHER $15k!

I just looked, & now it's $754k base price:

https://www.nealcommunities.com/new-...d-palm/kiawah/

I'm sure the lot premiums and design center option are also going up, like the base price.

Neal obviously doesn't think the prices here are overvalued, because they just keep upping their prices, which has to mean they are still selling at the same rate, & have not met any price resistance.

Lets say, a buyer in this community pays $60k for a lot upgrade, & $100k in design center options, they are paying $914,000 total for this model....without a pool. Add a pool, and they are ~$1,000,000

I'll bet there are even more increases to come. If Russia invades Ukraine, prices on EVERYTHING will jump immediately because the price of energy will jump.
Just 7 days later, the price jumped from $754k to $769k! That is $2,000/day

February 25th, 2022 : $769k

Well, Russia did invade Ukraine, and Neal raised the Kiawah price in Grand Palm another $15k.

Old 02-26-2022, 10:56 AM

402 posts, read 264,816 times
Quote:
Just 7 days later, the price jumped from $754k to $769k! That is $2,000/day

February 25th, 2022 : $769k

Well, Russia did invade Ukraine, and Neal raised the Kiawah price in Grand Palm another $15k.
Thanks for posting. What is also interesting is that Neal is offering pre-construction turnkey homes, where they select everything at a set price. Kiawah with pool, upgrades and lot for $1,066,990. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...05879365_zpid/
At under $400 a sq.ft. all-in it sold already.

Old 02-26-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying941 View Post
Thanks for posting. What is also interesting is that Neal is offering pre-construction turnkey homes, where they select everything at a set price. Kiawah with pool, upgrades and lot for $1,066,990. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...05879365_zpid/
At under $400 a sq.ft. all-in it sold already.
Wow, over a million bucks and not even close to a beach. I can't even guess when & where this all ends.

The ~45% of Americans who do not own a home, are being left out of this massive run-up. The gap between the haves, and have-nots, is growing wider daily.

Old 02-26-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Wow, over a million bucks and not even close to a beach. I can't even guess when & where this all ends.

The ~45% of Americans who do not own a home, are being left out of this massive run-up. The gap between the haves, and have-nots, is growing wider daily.

So eventually what's going to happen? most of the wages in Florida wouldn't support buying a million dollar house. i'm excluding doctors and lawyer types btw.

You will have California housing prices.

However in the case of California wages are far higher to help someone offset the cost.

Old 02-26-2022, 06:17 PM

Nobody knows what is going to happen, we can only guess based upon past events and deductive reasoning.

Housing prices will eventually moderate, the rate of increase will slow, & eventually prices will dip. I do not see a massive price correction here though (just my opinion based mostly upon demographics, & the unique desireability of our area).

The supply chain will eventually work its way out, but there's only so much land here w/in 30 minutes to the beach, which is what most people want (based upon 4 years of posts I've read). There's not much left, so that will keep prices from plummeting...imho.

People earning low wages will find cheaper ways to live, figure out how to boost earnings (most likely via the gig economy), or they'll leave this area. Those are the only alternatives I can think of.

Pandemic aside, I have not heard of any businesses closing down due to lack of help. This tight labor market is driving up wages, & forcing employers to treat employees better to retain them.

Old 02-26-2022, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Nobody knows what is going to happen, we can only guess based upon past events and deductive reasoning.

Housing prices will eventually moderate, the rate of increase will slow, & eventually prices will dip. I do not see a massive price correction here though (just my opinion based mostly upon demographics, & the unique desireability of our area).

The supply chain will eventually work its way out, but there's only so much land here w/in 30 minutes to the beach, which is what most people want (based upon 4 years of posts I've read). There's not much left, so that will keep prices from plummeting...imho.

People earning low wages will find cheaper ways to live, figure out how to boost earnings (most likely via the gig economy), or they'll leave this area. Those are the only alternatives I can think of.

Pandemic aside, I have not heard of any businesses closing down due to lack of help. This tight labor market is driving up wages, & forcing employers to treat employees better to retain them.

Once you live in FL for awhile the beach doesn't mean much to me. Maybe if I lived in Miami beach it would be better just to go and hit on chicks at the bars by the beach and such.

Whenever I go to the local beaches here i see mostly older folks. I don't see these tons of young, hot chicks. I went to Venice Beach last week when it was warm. Crowded but mostly tourists and retired folks. Only saw two hot chicks.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Once you live in FL for awhile the beach doesn't mean much to me. Maybe if I lived in Miami beach it would be better just to go and hit on chicks at the bars by the beach and such.

Whenever I go to the local beaches here i see mostly older folks. I don't see these tons of young, hot chicks. I went to Venice Beach last week when it was warm. Crowded but mostly tourists and retired folks. Only saw two hot chicks.
I hope all those tourists read this thread about Sarasota being overvalued. Its getting kinda crowded around here. My biggest fear is that these older tourist will return next time to buy a home and move here

Attractive young women...gotta go to Siesta Key, but get there early or you wont find a parking spot no matter how over-valued the homes are in Sarasota. Those young beach goers couldn't care less about property values...they are not here to buy anything, except fruit-flavored seltzer-wine-spritzers.

Old 02-27-2022, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I hope all those tourists read this thread about Sarasota being overvalued. Its getting kinda crowded around here. My biggest fear is that these older tourist will return next time to buy a home and move here

Attractive young women...gotta go to Siesta Key, but get there early or you wont find a parking spot no matter how over-valued the homes are in Sarasota. Those young beach goers couldn't care less about property values...they are not here to buy anything, except fruit-flavored seltzer-wine-spritzers.

clearwater beach has more young people. Closer to Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area