Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 09:48 AM

200 posts, read 158,973 times

Advertisements

WUH? no one called you an "alcoholic", WHERE did I write such a thing??

I was referring to MYSELF...I'm an alcoholic.....lol

wow, why are you so touchy?? a little sensitive are we??

why be so overly reactive? my opinions are my own! it's America. If you don't like my opinions, the best and most appropriate thing is to ignore them and stop whining about house prices, and the market for godsake....

man, just let it go! lol....keep muvvin

BTW, I don't "forget" what I post...no need to, and what on earth is chomping on you?? That's messed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 09:51 AM

200 posts, read 158,973 times
On topic in re house prices:

MY opinion is that you'd be a fool to bite at this level of run-up.

It's a short LOL

Old 03-05-2022, 10:30 AM

44 posts, read 56,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronDavidSchultz View Post
WUH? no one called you an "alcoholic", WHERE did I write such a thing??

I was referring to MYSELF...I'm an alcoholic.....lol

wow, why are you so touchy?? a little sensitive are we??

why be so overly reactive? my opinions are my own! it's America. If you don't like my opinions, the best and most appropriate thing is to ignore them and stop whining about house prices, and the market for godsake....

man, just let it go! lol....keep muvvin

BTW, I don't "forget" what I post...no need to, and what on earth is chomping on you?? That's messed up.
Perhaps if you changed your writing style, response "indignation" and consistent "I'm local Floridian" and therefore the only person who knows anything rants people might not catch on so quick.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:37 AM

137 posts, read 199,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilliesOfTheFields View Post
funny stuff! I agree, if you think this is a great 'opportunity' to buy a darn small, overpriced house is Florida, then Hurr-up and strap it on! listening to posters on the net who are real estate agents are a fine resource of market intelligence and economics, together with a bunch of folks over 70 yrs old who have had no long term residency in The State of Florida but just arrived here with a warped sense of local price to value, and an overly rosy understanding of supply and demand and a grade schooler's understanding of the path of inflation-on-the-way-to-hyperinflation..

hurr-up and buy - I like it
You said the same thing 6 mo ago and now prices are $100k+.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:14 AM

137 posts, read 199,484 times
Quote:
there is no status in paying too much, at any time. Markets are cyclical. Just because gas prices can go up, it doesn't mean it's fairly priced or worth it. Just because milk and egg prices have increased in prices tremendously, it doesn't mean they are fairly priced. Just because lumber prices increased (and fell) it doesn't mean there was a shortage of trees...lol

If you feel guud, strap it on, simple. Don't worry what my opinion is. It's opinion only.
There’s no status in saying housing is “too much” every 6 mo and eventually being right.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:55 AM

402 posts, read 264,694 times
Exclamation LilliesOfTheFields=Jenson440=AaronDavidSchultz

Quote:
Believe and behave as YOU see fit, and don't worry about others' opinions.

That's futile, like being aggravated about posters on the net!

Silly. Act upon your own so-called knowledge...

Strap it on, it's your personal decision! who's worried about being "right" ?? are you kiddin' ?
Dear Readers of this Thread,

One person is simultaneously using multiple names in this Forum and in this thread to mislead you.

That person is seeking to dissuade people from moving to Sarasota in particular and Florida in general. They have been telling people to sell immediately, claiming home prices are excessive for months. Prices have risen steadily all the while.

Their names include LilliesOfTheFields, Jenson440 and AaronDavidSchultz.

They are entitled to their opinion. While it has been wrong in the past, no one knows if they will be right in the future.

However, they are not entitled to trick you or hijack a thread by using multiple user names. This makes you think that their single voice is many people, when it is not.

The way to tell if they are using yet another new name is when the account is new and the posts use colorful or nasty language. Often they use slang, caps or exclamation points.

I write this so you that you can make up your own mind knowing all the facts.

Last edited by Trying941; 03-06-2022 at 12:09 PM..

Old 03-06-2022, 02:58 PM

3,835 posts, read 3,378,548 times
Quote:
funny stuff! I agree, if you think this is a great 'opportunity' to buy a darn small, overpriced house in Florida, then Hurr-up and strap it on! listening to posters on the net who are real estate agents are a fine resource of market intelligence and economics, together with a bunch of folks over 70 yrs old who have had no long term residency in The State of Florida but just arrived here with a warped sense of local price to value (along with a 'windfall-o-cash'), and an overly rosy understanding of supply and demand and a grade schooler's understanding of the path of inflation-on-the-way-to-hyperinflation..This local market is not supported one bit by first-time buyers - any undergraduate arriving to an MBA program knows, any long-term stability is not foundational without this component....they are the fuel, not those with 'transferred/mobile' old assets...aka... no 'new blood' coming into the economy.

hurr-up and buy - I like it

There are zero rules for every potential buyer. Some will have the discipline to stay on the sidelines, others may hit that homerun, still others will be crying, especially those that "invested" their CASH in a crazy house/dwelling. That works, there are multiple solutions for multiple individuals and circumstances.

Some people buy that BMW sedan, when that Hyundai will do, some people buy that Cadillac "Esccca-laid" when that GMC Denali is essentially the same truck, some people have to buy that overpriced Tesla electric fire-hazard when another hybrid will do......others allow their cash to burn a hole in their pocket and "always wanted to live in FL near the beach" so they lose all rational thought because they "like the weather" and "want to live close to that beach with Palm Trees", with that backyard pool, that outside kitchen/fire-pit, behind automatic gates with access to that PickleBall court.

People are sheeple most times it seems. Funny and entertaining indeed.

Hurr-UP indeed.

Never been a big fan of BMW. Other than the high end stuff like the M series. The better priced, lower end models are not much different than a Hyundai. Except after a couple years when the warranty expires lookout on repair cost! Why do you think BMW and Mercedes have terrible resale values? BMWs more than 5 years old are like pennies on the dollar.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:50 PM

3,835 posts, read 3,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngd26 View Post
guess you haven't been following used car prices lately
Dealers are going to be taking a BIG hit on used cars when the inventory improves later this year.

Chevy and Ford is cracking down on dealers charging above the Factory sticker price.

What is going to crack me up is late this year or next year when the C8 Corvette order backlog is over is when these dealers who are selling used C8s for like 112k when it's a 70k sticker price new are going to be stuck with them because you can just go order one or pick one up new for far far cheaper. They will either have to take a big loss or sit on the car forever.

Mostly these used car lots have been buying them off people.

C8 inventory might be improving. I just saw a flatbed the other day drive by with like 7 or 8 of them on it that looked just like this.

https://www.corvsport.com/wp-content...tte_hauler.jpg

Old 03-07-2022, 07:51 AM

113 posts, read 90,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying941 View Post
Dear Readers of this Thread,

One person is simultaneously using multiple names in this Forum and in this thread to mislead you.

That person is seeking to dissuade people from moving to Sarasota in particular and Florida in general. They have been telling people to sell immediately, claiming home prices are excessive for months. Prices have risen steadily all the while.

Their names include LilliesOfTheFields, Jenson440 and AaronDavidSchultz.

They are entitled to their opinion. While it has been wrong in the past, no one knows if they will be right in the future.

However, they are not entitled to trick you or hijack a thread by using multiple user names. This makes you think that their single voice is many people, when it is not.

The way to tell if they are using yet another new name is when the account is new and the posts use colorful or nasty language. Often they use slang, caps or exclamation points.

I write this so you that you can make up your own mind knowing all the facts.

Thanks.

Who cares really? it's the Internet, not anything like a official think-tank. Just curious, why does your opinion or warning bulletin count either? It's a free country. Is your role a hall monitor advising other Internet readers? What do you care about motivation of people joining an Internet forum? That seems a bit odd.

Internet forums aren't for knowing all the facts, it's full of biased opinion and personal perspective, not for Fact Checking. I ignore most contributions on sites like this and don't let posts live rent free in my head. Maybe you should try that. You can also put posters on your Ignore List I think.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:01 AM

565 posts, read 559,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen440 View Post

You can also put posters on your Ignore List I think.
If we agree to do this, will you agree to stop making new accounts? Does not help to block you when you have a new account every week, because you could not control your emotions and got banned again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area