Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 07:26 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,263,598 times

Advertisements

Rumble has found the perfect community to not only live but thrive.
Folks here absolutely love the platform, love what they stand for, are proud to be a home of rumble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 07:29 AM

24 posts, read 24,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
People are so terrified of Rumble.

It's a platform. Like Youtube. Are they also afraid of YouTube???
People really should be concerned about monopolies like Meta, Google, Micro, etc, but they're not because they seems to be in the leftist tent as far as I can see.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:29 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,964,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Rumble has found the perfect community to not only live but thrive.
Folks here absolutely love the platform, love what they stand for, are proud to be a home of rumble.
I don't know anyone who is a fan of a particular platform. It'd be like saying, magazines are awesome!! I only read magazines because every magazine is true and I support any content that is published in magazines.

People look at content, not platforms.

Equally disturbing that people STILL cannot understand this difference.

As well as the fact that people are terrified to make their own decisions regarding ideas. They would prefer the platform choose for them.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_m_roun View Post
People really should be concerned about monopolies like Meta, Google, Micro, etc, but they're not because they seems to be in the leftist tent as far as I can see.
What's hilarious is all that content was on YouTube before YouTube starting censoring.

Somehow YouTube was awesome in spite of the content. But if that formerly YouTube content is on another platform THAT platform is [fill in the blank].

It's idiotic mental gymnastics.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:32 AM

24 posts, read 24,772 times
funny, I thought platforms can influence content

Old 03-07-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
I don't know anyone who is a fan of a particular platform. It'd be like saying, magazines are awesome!! I only read magazines because every magazine is true and I support any content that is published in magazines.

People look at content, not platforms.

Equally disturbing that people STILL cannot understand this difference.

As well as the fact that people are terrified to make their own decisions regarding ideas. They would prefer the platform choose for them.
You seem to really like it and happy to have it in your community
Are you a fan?

I personally am not a fan of that particular platform. Don't like the stories they cover or present on their front page. don't like their spin.
I do look at the platforms first a an initial cut - for example I won't watch cable channel newsmax on my tv.
Same thing with infowars or brietbart on the internet.
Others love the news that they get from those outlets.
To each is own.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_m_roun View Post
funny, I thought platforms can influence content
Some allow more fake news than others.
Some allow the Chinese or Russian government or right wing supremist to report their news as they "see it"
Some allow hate speech, some allow a lot of hate speech.
It is all out there for you to read about as much as you want.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:47 AM

Quote:
What's hilarious is all that content was on YouTube before YouTube starting censoring.

Somehow YouTube was awesome in spite of the content. But if that formerly YouTube content is on another platform THAT platform is [fill in the blank].

It's idiotic mental gymnastics.
I do like youtube.
Use it a lot in fact.
for entertainment, exercise videos, concert footage, tv shows, movies, tech and software instructions, cooking
Yeah, its a pretty great platform IMO.
It is huge in my life

Old 03-07-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
You seem to really like it and happy to have it in your community
Are you a fan?

I personally am not a fan of that particular platform. Don't like the stories they cover or present on their front page. don't like their spin.
I do look at the platforms first a an initial cut - for example I won't watch cable channel newsmax on my tv.
Same thing with infowars or brietbart on the internet.
Others love the news that they get from those outlets.
To each is own.
Who is my community?

Where have I ever stated that I like Rumble?

Where have I ever stated that I am "happy" about Rumble?

You are massively projecting. Massively. It's. A. Platform. It's doesn't spin anything. It's A Platform.

Do you love radio stations? Think every radio station awesome? Trust EVERYTHING you hear on radio stations because, hey, radio stations all use the same platform so everything you hear on ANY radio studio is true?

Again: It's. A. Platform.

I am no more a "fan" of Rumble, than I am a "fan" of YouTube. Both are platforms. That's it. I do appreciate the fact that a far as I can tell Rumble doesn't censor. At least I haven't heard that it does.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Some allow more fake news than others.
Some allow the Chinese or Russian government or right wing supremist to report their news as they "see it"
Some allow hate speech, some allow a lot of hate speech.
It is all out there for you to read about as much as you want.
Ah, OK.

You want a platform to vet your information for you using whatever algorithm they choose.

I prefer to make those decisions for myself. I don't want anyone or any algorithm telling me what I can or cannot read, listen to, or watch. I can make my own decisions. I'm not afraid of information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area