Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 07:28 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,668,819 times

Advertisements

has anyone checkout the section on Money.com's board--where people turn in stories about how the current economy has affected their personal situation---
read it this morning when my cat work me up and I could not go back to sleep and was surfing...
some people obviously had not been able for a variety of reasons to have any buffer agains the economic downturns--but some of them are also people caught between rock and hard place with no where to go but into their 401Ks---
some stories from Florida of course--but not all--some not all from mortgage professionals--but some are--and some from people in construction
surprised me how many people with IT and medical jobs were having difficulty

think this situation might really get nasty even if "the market" does better
the stockmarket barometer and real people's lives do not always coincide...
enough people have had to go into their 401Ks and/or declare bankruptcy that their futures have really been compromised---takes a great economy to wipe away that kind of damage...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 10:00 PM

93 posts, read 385,575 times
I did not read that article. I have been reading other articles, and watching some things on tv. Enough of what is going on, to have concerns about it.

It does not look very good right now for our economy, and some scary times ahead. I think we all just need to be careful, and watch and see.

Very frighting to think your money that you saved for your old age, could be wiped out.

Take care all,

Here is hoping and praying for better times for all of us.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:57 PM

5 posts, read 23,811 times
I think since Gas is still increasing in price, things will get worse.The job situation isn't good in Florida and I think houses are going to go even lower all over.Florida is in for real problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area