Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2022, 10:15 AM

4,630 posts, read 7,566,847 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

Here's a list of fun things I've found that are going on in the Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area this weekend:

MARCH 18 - 27

Sarasota County Fair -- carnival rides, livestock, exhibits, shows & just about anything you can deep fry.
Info at: https://www.sarasotafair.com/p/getco...-sarasota-fair

THURSDAY

St. Patrick's Day at Fisherman's Village -- music, bag pipes, dance, food & fun. 12 - 8 pm, free admission, Punta Gorda.

St. Patrick's Day at Old Main -- music, vendors, drink stations. Old downtown Bradenton, starts 6 pm.

FRIDAY

Music in the Park -- free music concert at the Rossi Park Pavilion, Riverwalk, Bradenton, 6 - 8 pm, bring lawn chairs.

FRIDAY & SATURDAY

Venice Symphony Orchestra returns to the Venice Performing Arts Center. Show times and ticket info at:
https://www.thevenicesymphony.org/ev...ctor-schedule/

FRIDAY - SUNDAY

Jewelry & Bead Show -- Sarasota Municipal Auditorium, 10 am - 5 pm, $5/adult.

Anastasia -- music performance at the Van Wezel, times & ticket info at: https://www.vanwezel.org/boxoffice/anastasia/

SATURDAY

Sarasota Farmers Market -- downtown at Lemon & Main, 7 am - 1 pm.

Central Sarasota Farmers Market -- corner Proctor & Beneva, 8 am - 1 pm.

Bradenton Farmers Market -- on Old Main Street (400 12th St W), 9 am - 2 pm. Veggies, organics, fresh eggs, seafood and more.

Venice Farmers Market -- at the City Hall, 401 W Venice Ave, 8 am - 1 pm.
Summer Hours: 8 am - noon.

St. Patrick's Day Block Party at the Gator Club -- celebrate 8 pm - midnight, 1490 Main Street, Sarasota.

Goat Yoga -- yoga with the goats at Fruitville Groves, starts 10:30 am, $30/person. 7410 Fruitville Rd, Sarasota.

Le Marche Bohemien Open Market -- lots of vintage clothes & accessories, jewelry, blown glass & more. 10 am - 5 pm, Five Points Park, downtown Sarasota.

Music & Food Truck Festival -- fundraiser for the Sarasota Vets. Runs 4 - 9 pm, 7289 Palmer Blvd, Sarasota.

Baseball: Baltimore Orioles vs NY Yankees, Ed Smith Stadium, 1:05 pm.

SATURDAY & SUNDAY

Spring Indie Markets at UTC -- a wide variety of vendors in the parking lots of University Town Center Mall, Sat 10 am - 6 pm, Sun 11 am - 4 pm. Also March 26 & 27.

SUNDAY

Lakewood Ranch Farmers Market -- Waterside Place, 10 am - 2 pm.

The Meadows Farmers Market -- At the Meadows shopping village off Honore, 10 am - 2 pm.

Coquina Beach Market -- farmers market at the beach, Anna Maria Island's Coquina Beach parking lot, 10 am - 4 pm (each Sunday thru March).

Polo at Lakewood Ranch -- Gates open 10 am, matches 1 - 4 pm.
Polo ticket and other info at: https://lakewoodranch.com/event/sund...ota-polo-club/

The Ski-A-Rees Water Ski Show -- show at 2 pm, Ken Thompson Park on City Island.

Siesta Key Drum Circle -- at Siesta Key beach every Sunday about an hour before sunset.

Corvettes in Venice on the Isle -- car show at Centennial Park, 8 am - 3 pm.

Lucky Leprechaun 5K Race -- Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, registration $30 - $40. Race starts at 8 am. Treats & green beer afterwards for participants.

Tour de Park Fun Ride on Legacy Trail -- bicycle tours of 21, 35 & 62 miles. Start/finish at Venice Historic Train Depot, registration starts at 6:30 am.

UPCOMING EVENTS NEXT WEEKEND

Bottle Boat Regatta
Gamble Plantation Cars & Trucks Show
Venice AACA Antique Car Collector Show

Have a great weekend everyone. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2022, 08:27 PM

4 posts, read 3,134 times
why do I see OLD guys with gray hair that can hardly get in an sit in the new Corvettes buying them? that's a young man's car! they don't know how out of place they look! a Corvette? if I were that old, for the same money, I'd be seen in a Benz or even a pre-owned Bentley coupe or convertible, but a Corvette?? oh my get an SL or even a 911 or Panamera! Then I see them with their oldazz wives sitting next to them holding old for their dear lives with their dyed blond hair wearing a ball cap or one of those stupid looking visors. Grow up. The time for Corvettes and Camaros has passed you by, unless you're owning a 67 split or a 66 Tripower I guess.

Old 03-18-2022, 07:57 AM

4,630 posts, read 7,566,847 times
Also running today thru Sunday at Vanoy Park in downtown St. Pete is the Reggae Rise Up Music Festival. Very popular event but there are still tickets available as of this morning according to the Tampa news station.

Info at: https://reggaeriseupflorida.com/

Old 03-18-2022, 10:15 AM

200 posts, read 158,297 times
I used to go to many events like this at the Vinoy, not any more so much, the DT area seems to have attracted a non-family-friendly set and subset of a bit weird new inhabitants imho. Now I skip most events in DT SP, but I will go elsewhere like a few festivals in Tampa, and Clearwater, like the Jazz holiday - but even Clearwater can be a turn-off but no where near DT St Pete.

Old 03-18-2022, 02:42 PM

749 posts, read 850,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YahwehPower View Post
why do I see OLD guys with gray hair that can hardly get in an sit in the new Corvettes buying them? that's a young man's car! they don't know how out of place they look! a Corvette? if I were that old, for the same money, I'd be seen in a Benz or even a pre-owned Bentley coupe or convertible, but a Corvette?? oh my get an SL or even a 911 or Panamera! Then I see them with their oldazz wives sitting next to them holding old for their dear lives with their dyed blond hair wearing a ball cap or one of those stupid looking visors. Grow up. The time for Corvettes and Camaros has passed you by, unless you're owning a 67 split or a 66 Tripower I guess.
A Corvette is a young mans car? You totally contradicted yourself. This line "why do I see OLD guys with gray hair that can hardly get in an sit" has been the epitomy of Corvettes since I was born in the early 70's.

I get what you're saying but the C8 Vette is the first model to appeal to a younger demographic while still attracting the steadfast Vette buyer.

Old 03-18-2022, 04:57 PM

200 posts, read 158,297 times
A Corvette is not generally speaking an over 70yr old man's car or even a woman's car, I see old men obviously over 72 or so around here that look pretty stupid driving any HIGH performance car, and of course no women I've seen, except one woman approx 35 driving a new C8 black car over new LWR. Old bald head guys, I mean OLD, driving any super high performance new vehicle is pretty crazy....not a good look and everybody knows it LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area