Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2022, 03:40 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,344,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying941 View Post
The numbers for May will be interesting. Zillow shows single family in Sarasota County sales (new and resale) rose 4.3% in April and 3.9% from April 12-May 12. That would suggest still going up 3% this month. I am surprised at how strong demand remains in the face of purchasing power being reduced about 20% by the interest rate increases this year.
Maybe it's different there but down here in swfl im seeing reductions and overpriced houses on the market longer with reductions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2022, 07:33 PM

282 posts, read 248,266 times
We were recently informed our Condo HOA is unable to obtain Full replacement Coverage on the Roof of our units. We are within three miles of the coast and are only able to obtain Cash Value coverage.
My point being, that I fear this is going to be reflected in the re-sale price of our homes. As one of the closings last week went "bust" after the lender would not fund due to the difference in coverage. The potential buyer also ran it past FIVE different lenders who all required FULL Replacement Value Coverage.
It would appear that our investments at this point can only be sold to those with ALL CASH.
I'm wondering if these changes in insurance coverage by these insurance companies will effect the prices of homes in the area with in the next few months?

Old 05-14-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srq57 View Post
We were recently informed our Condo HOA is unable to obtain Full replacement Coverage on the Roof of our units. We are within three miles of the coast and are only able to obtain Cash Value coverage.
My point being, that I fear this is going to be reflected in the re-sale price of our homes. As one of the closings last week went "bust" after the lender would not fund due to the difference in coverage. The potential buyer also ran it past FIVE different lenders who all required FULL Replacement Value Coverage.
It would appear that our investments at this point can only be sold to those with ALL CASH.
I'm wondering if these changes in insurance coverage by these insurance companies will effect the prices of homes in the area with in the next few months?
That sucks.

This is looking to be a very active hurricane season. If FL gets hit by a major hurricane or hurricanes I fear a big sh*t show will happen. Especially if it's another Andrew type storm or 2004 type season.

Old 05-14-2022, 09:37 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srq57 View Post
How old is your condo and the roof?
Composite or tile?
What is the governing body…city or county

Old 05-14-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Maybe it's different there but down here in swfl im seeing reductions and overpriced houses on the market longer with reductions.
The house next to us —a 2/2 w small pool and dated interior —sold for cash (I heard) for over 400k and has sat vacant since the seller moved out. Buyer bought from Internet views and looks like she is not making a move to do anything after almost 9 months

Thinking she is going to have some issues
No one comes to even check on it

Old 05-14-2022, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The house next to us —a 2/2 w small pool and dated interior —sold for cash (I heard) for over 400k and has sat vacant since the seller moved out. Buyer bought from Internet views and looks like she is not making a move to do anything after almost 9 months

Was she an investor buying it to rent out?

Why would someone spend 6 figures on anything and not even see it in person. Imagine it being a big POS and they totally get scammed and requires a lot of work lol.

Either this person is very rich just to blow money like that or totally stupid on how to manage money. I would think a successful wealthy person would know better than to make a stupid decision like that and blow 400k without even seeing it in person.

When we shopped for houses 7 years ago I noticed how they hardly ever look as good as the internet photos make it to be.

Basically looking at houses online is like online dating. usually a freak show and not what you expect. Just like the women on the dating sites they never look nearly good in person and usually have issues lol.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:29 AM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post

It's possible they bought the house for the lot and eventually the house will be torn down and new construction go up in it's place. That is happening a lot to houses in certain neighborhoods, especially if they are fairly close to a public beach.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
It's possible they bought the house for the lot and eventually the house will be torn down and new construction go up in it's place. That is happening a lot to houses in certain neighborhoods, especially if they are fairly close to a public beach.
True. When I lived in Naples in the 1990s they'd do that a lot. Buy old houses near the beach and tear them down.

Old 05-15-2022, 11:01 AM

64 posts, read 53,455 times
Tear downs were commonplace all around Sarasota, i.e. west of trail, Cherokee, ,Whitaker Bayou, north trail, Fruitville, Rosemary etc etc.

Old 05-15-2022, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Was she an investor buying it to rent out?

Why would someone spend 6 figures on anything and not even see it in person. Imagine it being a big POS and they totally get scammed and requires a lot of work lol.

Either this person is very rich just to blow money like that or totally stupid on how to manage money. I would think a successful wealthy person would know better than to make a stupid decision like that and blow 400k without even seeing it in person.

When we shopped for houses 7 years ago I noticed how they hardly ever look as good as the internet photos make it to be.

Basically looking at houses online is like online dating. usually a freak show and not what you expect. Just like the women on the dating sites they never look nearly good in person and usually have issues lol.
I had to call her about some bamboo in her back yard that was too tall and touching power lines
She said she had bought home intending to move with her significant other to retire down here
She is in her 60s she said but he died fairly close to buying the house—
Don’t know if it was CoVid or other issue and she just was up in air about what to do then

She has pool and yard service but has had a trash can sitting outside the garage for almost a month now and yard is all but dead from lack of rain and irrigation
Just a bad vibe on our street
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area