Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2022, 10:27 AM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times

Advertisements

Venice property once earmarked as a hospital campus eyed as a location for 452-home development

SARASOTA COUNTY – Property on East Venice Avenue once envisioned as a new home for what was then Venice Regional Bayfront Health is now being considered for a 452-home development site, Sabal Palm Preserve.

and

The proposed community is also just east of Bella Terra, a proposed 477-home development on 62 acres.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/...t/10218412002/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 02:39 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
What a shame that new Venice hospital couldn't be built out near the Jacaranda Circle. Those owners don't have the same political pull w/ our local polititicans as Sarasota Memorial does, & these things are all about politics....just follow the money.

So, now, Sarasota Memorial's new hospital up off I-75 at Laurel is further away from the newest fastest growing population center of Wellen Park, & there's no competition for Sarasota Memorial...not good.

I read North Port is getting a new Hospital, but I have not read up yet on its location, or & who will own it. I hope its not another Sarasota Memorial branch. I'd like for it to be a branch of Tampa General instead.

As for more new home developments in our area...great for realtors, but not so great for the rest of us. It goes with living anywhere desireable in Florida though, so I can only hope they will be upscale, & well executed.

Road improvements all around the Jacaranda circle should start now...but of course, the failed Ivy League lawyers will wait until the entire area is over-capacity gridlock before they begin...like River Road.

Some things are totally predictable.

Old 08-09-2022, 04:38 AM

469 posts, read 466,837 times
According to the Venice Gondolier the new North Port hospital is supposed to be built near Sumter and I75 area.

Old 08-09-2022, 12:05 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniceman View Post
According to the Venice Gondolier the new North Port hospital is supposed to be built near Sumter and I75 area.
That location does me no good unless they tear down the Hospital in Downtown Venice...which is way overdue.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:13 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
What a shame that new Venice hospital couldn't be built out near the Jacaranda Circle. Those owners don't have the same political pull w/ our local polititicans as Sarasota Memorial does, & these things are all about politics....just follow the money.

So, now, Sarasota Memorial's new hospital up off I-75 at Laurel is further away from the newest fastest growing population center of Wellen Park, & there's no competition for Sarasota Memorial...not good.

I read North Port is getting a new Hospital, but I have not read up yet on its location, or & who will own it. I hope its not another Sarasota Memorial branch. I'd like for it to be a branch of Tampa General instead.

As for more new home developments in our area...great for realtors, but not so great for the rest of us. It goes with living anywhere desireable in Florida though, so I can only hope they will be upscale, & well executed.

Road improvements all around the Jacaranda circle should start now...but of course, the failed Ivy League lawyers will wait until the entire area is over-capacity gridlock before they begin...like River Road.

Some things are totally predictable.
I believe it's SMH. Which is fine by me. HCA, and Baypoint are a total joke around here. SMH is more expensive but that new Venice location is hell of a lot better when I went there. If I lost an arm I'd still refuse to go to the garbage hospitals here in Charlotte County. The receptionist at my last Dr basically calls Fawcett and Baypoint walk in clinics. Even told me to drive from Punta Gorda to SMH next time I have a problem.

Last time I was in Fawcett and in the tiny waiting room a lady visiting her parents from Ohio asked me if this is the waiting room and had a puzzled look on her face because the hospital was so tiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area