Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2022, 08:48 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,911,348 times

Advertisements

Looking to build in area that is still fairly “hot” in FL
Zip 34275 south of Sarasota FL
Development in 3 sections—this is in first section—about 60 out of 120 lots
Says they have 10 under contract—but platting has not happened and no lots have actually been sold

This contractor in business over 20 yrs—does commercial, condos, and homes
Can’t find any serious claims against company on file
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2022, 11:20 AM

4,638 posts, read 4,906,264 times
It depends.

I'd say anywhere from $350 to $800 / sf

Old 08-16-2022, 08:54 AM

17,477 posts, read 66,104,344 times
This is not rocket science to find-

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0was%20%24605K.

Which of course includes land- which you implied in the OP. I’m not about to say if it’s “fair” or not- but RE had been riding extremely high this year until the Fed increased the interest rate. There are several areas of the country that have seen reductions in asking prices up to 40%. Of course the question remains- were the owners that desperate to sell; or was the house that overpriced?

Old 08-17-2022, 12:40 PM

402 posts, read 262,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Looking to build in area that is still fairly “hot” in FL
Zip 34275 south of Sarasota FL
Development in 3 sections—this is in first section—about 60 out of 120 lots
Says they have 10 under contract—but platting has not happened and no lots have actually been sold

This contractor in business over 20 yrs—does commercial, condos, and homes
Can’t find any serious claims against company on file
Cost plus percentage contracts are very dangerous in time likes these with labor and supply shortages. Essentially, you are giving the builder every incentive to use costly labor and buy supplies when expensive, not cheap. Much better would be to set at cost plus fixed profit.

Profit margin is tricky too. At the moment, it is high but it is likely to fall over the next few months. Builders are busy with deals made over the last year, but new contracts are a lot fewer now.

The real estate market here for existing homes is going up still, as there is a housing shortage and people with immediate needs. But, new construction is not going up.

If you can wait three months or more, you will likely be better off than now. Personally, I would at least wait for platting and actual sales.

Old 08-22-2022, 08:04 PM

733 posts, read 762,156 times
I just got a flier from a realtor about recent sales in a DRHorton neighborhood in 34275. All homes are less than 5 years old, but most are probably resales and not new construction. The last 16 sold, between 8/5 and 3/11/22 vary between $282/sqft - $372/sqft. Different models, finishes, pools, etc, give a wide range. Hope that helps you.

Old 08-23-2022, 08:49 AM

4,622 posts, read 7,549,270 times
Builders in zip code 34275 sold 67 new construction homes thru the MLS in the past 6 months. Obviously that does not include sales to buyers directly thru the builder. However, it does give you a good idea as to where prices are at this time.

The range for price/sq ft was $255 to $426 -- but those in the $426 range were million dollar plus homes. Leaving those out, the high end for an "average" new construction home in this zip code was $ 351/sq ft. So very close to the statistics Matt quoted.

Sales prices ranged from 97.2% to 115.5% of the list price on those sales, with an average of 100.6%.

Pending sales prices/sq ft range from $303 to $375.

A number of area builders are also now offering buyer incentives once again. Credits towards closing costs and lower fixed rate mortgages for the most part.

As a buyer I would be very cautious regarding a builder wanting me to go under contract for a new construction home if the platting has not been completed as yet. I've been doing this for over 20 years and can't think of a single reputable builder that puts pre-sales ahead of the basic steps to plot/ survey the land for development and sales.

I think I may know where this subdivision in question is located. They were talking about pre-sales and not having the lots officially plotted a YEAR ago. There should have been substantial progress between then and now unless something else is going on, such as financing issues, legal issues, etc. If it were me, I would want to have a lot more questions answered satisfactorily before putting down deposit money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: