Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 01:42 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912904 View Post
Oh dear God.

Just.....stop.
The insurance industry is concerned. Yes, it's a real thing and it's happening whether we believe it or not. Lots of cities are concerned as well. Can't argue with the facts.

https://legal-planet.org/2019/11/21/...r-an-overview/

"Significantly, the insurance sector, which holds much of the financial risk across the world economy, is increasingly concerned with climate-related risks, especially the ways in which risks are becoming less predictable and more uncertain over time. We are also hearing news about insurer withdrawal from certain markets and fears of rising premiums here in California relating to wildfire risk. "

https://www.law.com/dailybusinessrev...20221109154400
"The reason for this, Salna explained, is that Florida is already on the front line when it comes to hurricanes, and the effects of climate change are likely to result in “bigger, wetter, stronger and slower” storms, which are more likely to catch people off guard by rapidly intensifying."

https://www.climatechangenews.com/20...ut-of-florida/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2022, 02:10 PM

253 posts, read 191,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The insurance industry is concerned. Yes, it's a real thing and it's happening whether we believe it or not. Lots of cities are concerned as well. Can't argue with the facts.

"Significantly, the insurance sector, which holds much of the financial risk across the world economy, is increasingly concerned with climate-related risks, especially the ways in which risks are becoming less predictable and more uncertain over time. We are also hearing news about insurer withdrawal from certain markets and fears of rising premiums here in California relating to wildfire risk. "

"The reason for this, Salna explained, is that Florida is already on the front line when it comes to hurricanes, and the effects of climate change are likely to result in “bigger, wetter, stronger and slower” storms, which are more likely to catch people off guard by rapidly intensifying."

Never trust sources with an implicit bias or lawyers.

Everything posted remains theory and conjecture, fueled by a desire for government funding and lawsuits.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:29 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,554,984 times
Quote:
Oh dear God.

Just.....stop.
Okay. I get that you don't want to face facts. So, buy your waterfront property in FL, or anywhere along any coast. Be well.

Old 12-09-2022, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Never trust sources with an implicit bias or lawyers.

Everything posted remains theory and conjecture, fueled by a desire for government funding and lawsuits.
I agree with your first statement, but I find your second difficult to process. Are you saying that you do not believe the climatologists predictions? I am asking because it seem as though our previous and present climate events have pretty much established their truth.

Or, are just another climate denier? If so, I will say the same as I did to Ms Lady with her head in the Sand: Be well.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:52 AM

4,621 posts, read 7,547,288 times
John Kerry spent $11.75 million in 2017 for a sprawling estate on the beach in Martha’s Vineyard. The property includes more than 18 acres of land on which his seven-bedroom home sits, overlooking the Vineyard Sound.

Bill and Melinda Gates (pre divorce) paid $43 million for a massive house on the beach in Del Mar, California, near San Diego.

The Obamas own an $11.75 million mansion in Martha's Vineyard and recently purchased another multi-million dollar oceanfront property in Hawaii.

Al Gore’s 2006 documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, warned that the sea could rise by as much as 20 feet “in the near future.” Gore then invested nearly $9 million into an ocean view property in Montecito, California, in 2009. A multi-million dollar property with a swimming pool, spa, wine cellar, and six fireplaces.

The Bidens bought a $2.74 million Delaware beachfront home in 2017.

Apparently none of the above are overly worried about climate change washing away their beachfront mansions any time soon...........

Old 12-10-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post

Apparently none of the above are overly worried about climate change washing away their beachfront mansions any time soon...........
They probably are not worried about insurance rates, either.

Old 12-10-2022, 02:17 PM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Big Lib Stephen King lives here in a weird looking warehouse looking mansion on the Gulf of Mexico on Casey Key where beach is erosion is scary like his books. He drives a car that is a gas guzzler to the max...oh, and he's got 2 boats, that are both not Earth friendly.

I couldn't afford his insurance premiums & gasoline on all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
John Kerry spent $11.75 million in 2017 for a sprawling estate on the beach in Martha’s Vineyard. The property includes more than 18 acres of land on which his seven-bedroom home sits, overlooking the Vineyard Sound.

Bill and Melinda Gates (pre divorce) paid $43 million for a massive house on the beach in Del Mar, California, near San Diego.

The Obamas own an $11.75 million mansion in Martha's Vineyard and recently purchased another multi-million dollar oceanfront property in Hawaii.

Al Gore’s 2006 documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, warned that the sea could rise by as much as 20 feet “in the near future.” Gore then invested nearly $9 million into an ocean view property in Montecito, California, in 2009. A multi-million dollar property with a swimming pool, spa, wine cellar, and six fireplaces.

The Bidens bought a $2.74 million Delaware beachfront home in 2017.

Old 12-12-2022, 10:58 AM

8,366 posts, read 4,688,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post

Good News!

https://twitter.com/thomas_m_wilson/...11888652632064

"Net energy gain in a fusion reaction has been a holy grail in science for decades. Now I’m told US scientists have done it. A massive breakthrough with revolutionary potential for clean power. US Energy Secretary to hold a press conference Tuesday"

Old 12-12-2022, 12:43 PM

4,792 posts, read 10,618,753 times
^ Read some other sources in addition to snippets on Twitter...
Decades away even in small apps, maybe next century, or the next.

None of us here will see fusion in practical apps. None of our kids or grandkids will either, imo.

What does this have to do with insurance and insurance companies here in FL? Or, 'climate change' as the energy that was needed for that micro second of fusion was enormous, vis a vis the equipment, et al.

Old 12-12-2022, 12:54 PM

8,366 posts, read 4,688,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
^ Read some other sources in addition to snippets on Twitter...
Decades away even in small apps, maybe next century, or the next.

None of us here will see fusion in practical apps. None of our kids or grandkids will either, imo.

What does this have to do with insurance and insurance companies here in FL? Or, 'climate change' as the energy that was needed for that micro second of fusion was enormous, vis a vis the equipment, et al.
I read full articles and many required a paywall - that's why I posted the Twitter link. Many full articles will be blocked by a paywall but not for everyone. The first time I clicked the link from that tweet I had access to the full article (and I read the entire article) - but then when I tried again I was blocked by a paywall. So rather than post a link where some readers will be blocked - I just posted the Twitter link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area