Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 09:47 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times

Advertisements

Saw story that he was voted on the board of the Sarasota County GOP
He is supposed to be living in Englewood—at least part time
Has anyone seen him?

Seems a kind of strange place for him to be living but maybe he is a snow bird
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 09:19 AM

224 posts, read 187,079 times
They have private islands around Englewood where you need your name to be on the list to get onto the island. I know Garth Brooks had a house there years ago but only visits maybe once a year. The island has its own restaurant, tennis courts etc. along with houses. If they want groceries they just pay someone to go to the store for them. These people don't mingle with normal folk for the most part. There's Italian mafia (retired) that lives on these islands, as well as famous people. Though I guess he could be living somewhere else, but you'll see a lot of famous people living in this area- Stephen King in Sarasota for example, but you'll never see them at a grocery store or walking around. A guy I worked with his friend worked for Stephen King taking care of his animals.

Old 09-12-2022, 09:30 AM

I meant the header to be NOW living in Englewood—
And it came out NOT
I didn’t realize that about the private islands
Will ask mod to change the header

Old 09-12-2022, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rainman View Post
They have private islands around Englewood where you need your name to be on the list to get onto the island. I know Garth Brooks had a house there years ago but only visits maybe once a year. The island has its own restaurant, tennis courts etc. along with houses. If they want groceries they just pay someone to go to the store for them. These people don't mingle with normal folk for the most part. There's Italian mafia (retired) that lives on these islands, as well as famous people. Though I guess he could be living somewhere else, but you'll see a lot of famous people living in this area- Stephen King in Sarasota for example, but you'll never see them at a grocery store or walking around. A guy I worked with his friend worked for Stephen King taking care of his animals.
My son in law met Stephen King doing turtle egg stuff—
King may not get out much but SIL said he was very normal guy for that short interchange

Old 09-12-2022, 11:14 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,336,963 times
Quote:
Flynn bought a house in Bocca Royal. I think it was in 2020 and for 500 somethingk I think the newspaper article said which was way below market value. I think 800k was the value?

He probably travels a lot for engagements.

Flynn gets over 100k in military pension. He's living quite nice. Although I recall he said he was going broke due to his legal fees.

Old 09-12-2022, 11:43 AM

224 posts, read 187,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
My son in law met Stephen King doing turtle egg stuff—
King may not get out much but SIL said he was very normal guy for that short interchange
No. He's cool and laid back, humble all that stuff. But he's weird/eccentric. He has all kinds of animals at his house like a zoo so he hires someone full time to take care of them (who has vet certification). He also smokes a lot of weed despite telling the public that he's off drugs. But honestly, some of his best books he wrote on drugs.

But anyway, he fired the girl because his turtle died, which I guess it was impossible to save it. He had some kind of giant turtle along with a bunch of dogs and other animals at his place. I guess you could describe him as more of an old hippy than a normal person. But he's definitely loaded when it comes to money. He not only has a new best selling book almost every year, but all the money he gets from the movies as well.

Old 09-12-2022, 07:34 PM

128 posts, read 179,378 times
Quote:
No. He's cool and laid back, humble all that stuff. But he's weird/eccentric. He has all kinds of animals at his house like a zoo so he hires someone full time to take care of them (who has vet certification). He also smokes a lot of weed despite telling the public that he's off drugs. But honestly, some of his best books he wrote on drugs.

But anyway, he fired the girl because his turtle died, which I guess it was impossible to save it. He had some kind of giant turtle along with a bunch of dogs and other animals at his place. I guess you could describe him as more of an old hippy than a normal person. But he's definitely loaded when it comes to money. He not only has a new best selling book almost every year, but all the money he gets from the movies as well.
He has a net worth of 500million+ He'll probably be okay!

Old 09-13-2022, 04:54 AM

25,701 posts, read 12,779,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty80 View Post
He has a net worth of 500million+ He'll probably be okay!
I had no idea he has that kind of wealth. Can you cite source? If he does, how did he accumulate it? Inheritance? General's don't make anywhere near that kind of cash, even with the kickbacks they get from defense contractors.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:10 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,336,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I had no idea he has that kind of wealth. Can you cite source? If he does, how did he accumulate it? Inheritance? General's don't make anywhere near that kind of cash, even with the kickbacks they get from defense contractors.
If he had that cash he wouldn't have bought that house for 500 something. He'd have a far bigger house.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:18 AM

562 posts, read 550,060 times
I am pretty sure they were talking about Kings net worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area