Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 12:27 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,752,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Even when there isn't a hurricane you still see them.

Back in December after that wind storm we had I saw a lot of out of state roofers here in Punta Gorda. You remember that right? In Venice I think had wind gusts over 70 too.

A few mets even think that storm back in Dec was sub tropical and should have been named. The Gulf was above normal upper 70s and it had some tropical characteristics. Winds gusted over 80 here in Punta Gorder. IMO it was sub tropical and should have been named.

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories...2307d2f154cd04
https://cdn.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/...z-z.mp4?token=
Our neighbors had siding stripped off their house with that December storm and we had an abnormal amount of sticks, leaves, palm frond and bamboo litter to pick up in the yard. That was not what I needed to be doing while trying to get ready for Christmas. It was certainly a surprise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2022, 06:32 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
I saw the long backup along I-75 Northbound yesterday ~4pm.

I suppose that is due to construction where the number of lanes are reduced. What else could it be?

Ian relief workers heading home?

Old 10-20-2022, 06:57 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I saw the long backup along I-75 Northbound yesterday ~4pm.

I suppose that is due to construction where the number of lanes are reduced. What else could it be?

Ian relief workers heading home?
There are no lane reductions on 75, and construction only restarted a few days ago, they halted it pre/post hurricane.

It's been this way for the last few weeks, insane amounts of vehicles heading north. Just north.

For no explainable reason.

Old 10-20-2022, 08:49 AM

8,018 posts, read 4,631,899 times
I live in Nokomis near Hwy 41. Recently there have been quite a few accidents heading North on Hwy 41 --causing bumper to bumper traffic. Maybe these accidents on Hwy 41 cause more congestion on Hwy 75 due to drivers re-routing?

Old 10-20-2022, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeDeLaMaison View Post
It's people deciding to live the area, temp or permanent - combined with of course crashes....there is one deadly crash right now on SB I 75 reported Ft Myers....it's always comething, always a bunch of stupid drivers NB, SB, rubber-neckers etc etc
Its busier than normal for this time of year, but I suppose it could be more transplants, or snowbirds returning earlier, crashes, & stupid drivers.

Recent discussion here was focusing upon Northbound I-75, and in this forum area.

And, it seems to be recurring daily.

It remains a mystery.

Old 10-20-2022, 03:23 PM

224 posts, read 186,939 times
It's packed with traffick north south east or west in port Charlotte. They built too many homes and not enough roads that go through town.

Old 10-21-2022, 09:27 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Its busier than normal for this time of year, but I suppose it could be more transplants, or snowbirds returning earlier, crashes, & stupid drivers.

Recent discussion here was focusing upon Northbound I-75, and in this forum area.

And, it seems to be recurring daily.

It remains a mystery.
You have insurance workers, government, etc, but also vultures too!! Around here hundreds of out of state beat up pickup trucks and work vans driving around.

How many of those do you think are unlicensed? About 3 days after Ian noticed them everywhere. They're like roaches. Usually they have no business name on them but have equipment, ladders and such so you know theyre handymen.

Plus if all the hotels are booked around here due to misplaced residents they might be staying in the tampa area and driving up there after the workday?

Old 10-28-2022, 04:12 PM

The cause of the backups on I-75 North near University Pkwy is construction North od the State Road 64 exit. Lots of Orange barrells. That is the 1st time I've been that far North in a while, so I didn't know either.

I think we are getting the snow birds now that own a place down here or rent for 6+ months to get Florida residency. I saw a lot of Southbound traffic that fit the profile, but most had Florida tags on them with out of state dealer stickers on the rear, or license plate frames.

I kow a lot of people here, & they fit this 6+ month profile too.

Am I right every time? No, but after 45 years of observing the migration, you start to notice....55+ couple, nice late model vehicle, but dirty...visibly loaded up in the back, Fred Beans tag frame, Phillies sticker...ect.. Bucks County PA?

Lots of truck traffic due to Ian too...work trucks, and tractor trailers.

The places where I-75 have been widened and/or re-surfaced are very smooth....nice job.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 10-28-2022 at 04:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area