Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 05:36 AM

25,859 posts, read 12,890,963 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else noticed the downfall of interest here?

Is this a pre-cursor of a falling real estate market here?

Is it the higher interrest rates? Prices too darned high?

When was the last post asking for info about our area from a potential newcommer? Its been a while.

What do you see as the reason for lower interest?

Has Shekkie won?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2023, 05:41 AM

7,962 posts, read 9,178,221 times
There are other places to get objective info that don't have a troll making up new user names constantly to agree with himself.

Old 02-15-2023, 06:19 AM

104 posts, read 113,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
There are other places to get objective info that don't have a troll making up new user names constantly to agree with himself.

Yep - agree 100%. What was informational and good content is now littered with one individuals constant spewing of non-locals and part-time residents just need to leave since he seems to be the only one ENTITLED to live in the area.

Old 02-15-2023, 06:44 AM

564 posts, read 554,099 times
agreed, he ****s up every thread and makes the site unusable. What mostly keeps me coming back is Sunshine's weekly events post.

Old 02-15-2023, 09:26 AM

It's a thread killer for sure...too bad. We used to have a very active forum.

Old 02-15-2023, 09:54 AM

564 posts, read 554,099 times
I agree and miss it a bit, I still lurk here daily. But it got creepy as F when shekky started sending me PM's basically threatening me and my family and seemed to have catalogued everything I ever posted to try and ID me.

Most people going to bail when some faceless internet troll starts sending personal threats and nothing is done.

Old 02-15-2023, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshan View Post
I agree and miss it a bit, I still lurk here daily. But it got creepy as F when shekky started sending me PM's basically threatening me and my family and seemed to have catalogued everything I ever posted to try and ID me.

Most people going to bail when some faceless internet troll starts sending personal threats and nothing is done.
that is the odd part of the whole shekkie situation...why not?

That is a contributing factor no doubt, but there are others. I think real estate transactions are way down due to high interest rates, high prices, and low inventories. Plus, the time of year. Anyone who wanted to spend the Winter here, has already rented or bought here by mid February, so that slows this forum and all other FLA forums down.

Old 02-15-2023, 01:46 PM

33 posts, read 22,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
that is the odd part of the whole shekkie situation...why not?

That is a contributing factor no doubt, but there are others. I think real estate transactions are way down due to high interest rates, high prices, and low inventories. Plus, the time of year. Anyone who wanted to spend the Winter here, has already rented or bought here by mid February, so that slows this forum and all other FLA forums down.
I agree. I'm a new owner here in Sarasota and we have had our house in the works since last February. We finally settled in January 2023, almost a year later. I gathered a lot of useful information from this site, and have noticed the resident troll. Shame.

Anyway, when I get down there permanently in 4 weeks or so I vow to post more. This is a grea forum for new owners so I hope people do stay active.

Now can anyone get Sarasota County to process our occupancy permit so I can get my permanent power turned on? It's been weeks now. I hear the county is real slow at doing things.

Old 02-15-2023, 02:39 PM

4,625 posts, read 7,554,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshan View Post

Don't let the harassment get to you. When the person in question tried that with me some years back, I posted the less than pleasant messages to the forum so everyone could read them.

I refuse to be bullied.

My 2 cents is that while certain persons contribute negatively, most people who post here are upbeat and provide quite a bit of insight and useful info. The positives far outweigh the negatives.

Old 02-15-2023, 04:23 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,763,622 times
I come to this forum daily as I’m beginning the process to relocate to Sarasota. It’s a real bummer to not see any new posts. I’ve been going to YouTube to satiate my curiosity.
I have noticed that there are some negative Nellys that post here on CD. I take their posts with a grain of salt.
Speaking of youtube there seem to be an abundance of YouTubers that see the market tanking.
Either way I have real estate in Asheville to sell and the market here is very hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area