Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 06:36 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The Weather channel is denying rain, but the local tv station is giving us a much higher chance.
Where ya at? I can tell ya 100% gent what your gonna get and call it out years ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2023, 08:59 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Sunday 4-2-23 shows 80% of showers. I hope its not a belated April Fool's joke.

The Roman God of rain was Jupiter

The Greek God of rain was Zeus

I'll be praying to both
We got some rain here in our neck of the woods today. Not a drenching rain but maybe an inch, or nearly so, of accumulation. Enough to see the grass start to perk up a bit.

Old 03-30-2023, 04:54 AM

224 posts, read 186,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Heavy rain by the big lake blake. This is why i wanna move to Glades county where i would get 3 times the rain i do where i am.
Port Charlotte gets an insane amount of annual rainfall but 90% of it is during rainy season. There are many days with a foot of rain because I have buckets out. The whole place floods because it's naturally swamp land that dries out in dry season. Humidity is too high for growing some stuff. Fungus city. Fort Myers has a lot of rain very tropical. Sarasota gets less rain and by the time you hit Tampa the humidity is nicer. Or if you go inland less rain and humidity. Port Charlotte is ocean one side, a harbor on the other all kinds of canals and lakes. Seldom freezes due to water.

Old 03-30-2023, 06:05 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
I saw some promising looking clouds yesterday inland, but they never moved towards the coast. They were giving some places rain for sure though....maybe Arcadia.

Old 03-30-2023, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rainman View Post
Port Charlotte gets an insane amount of annual rainfall but 90% of it is during rainy season. There are many days with a foot of rain because I have buckets out. The whole place floods because it's naturally swamp land that dries out in dry season. Humidity is too high for growing some stuff. Fungus city. Fort Myers has a lot of rain very tropical. Sarasota gets less rain and by the time you hit Tampa the humidity is nicer. Or if you go inland less rain and humidity. Port Charlotte is ocean one side, a harbor on the other all kinds of canals and lakes. Seldom freezes due to water.
We are about 10 miles north of Punta Gorda where the land elevation is higher and I have never seen it flood due to rain here. There was some flooding after hurricane Ian in spots closer to the Peace River and its tributaries. The lower parts at the edges of our property were flooded as the flood waters from the Peace River made their way south, but fortunately the water didn't get anywhere near the house.

Generally the inland portions of Florida are hotter and get more rain in the summers than the coastal areas.

Old 03-30-2023, 05:20 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rainman View Post
Never get jack where i live.

Old 03-31-2023, 04:55 AM

224 posts, read 186,939 times
The d word is being used on tv. We drove around after the hurricane. All the major roads in north Port were under water including parts of 41. It drained quickly the next day most of them were dry.

Old 04-02-2023, 05:56 AM

We are in a severe drought:

https://www.weather.gov/tbw/droughtinfo

No significant chance of rain until after Easter April 9th, 2023.

Old 04-10-2023, 09:52 AM

Well, we got some decent rain in this neck if the woods yesterday. Lasted maybe an hour here, but the news is reporting that Punta Gorda's rain totals yesterday were around 2.26 inches. Sounds respectable to me.

And there is more on the way next week.

Old 04-10-2023, 01:32 PM

We got some yesterdeay too, but it only lasted ~45 minutes, and never poured, but just a steady rain. I'll take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area