Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2023, 02:02 PM

8,212 posts, read 4,660,305 times

Advertisements

For the full list:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...a016634c&ei=78

Great restaurants, award-winning beaches and great weather (when it wants to be), is it any wonder Sarasota County made it on the list?

Out of 67 counties, Sarasota County lands the 8th place spot for Florida's wealthiest counties, study shows. SmartAsset, a financial technology company, identified the wealthiest Florida counties by comparing investment income generated by each county, property value and per capita income. Here's a breakdown of the study.

How much are people paid in Sarasota County?

- Median Income: $69,490
- Investment Income: $82,509
- Median Home Value: $460,560
- Overall Wealth Index: 26.09
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2023, 02:58 PM

25,730 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Guilty as charged...extremely guilty, because my stats far exceed those cited.

Does that make me bad?

I have been poor, & I have been discriminated against, so I should have a special exemption.

Will this become a rich people bad thread?

Old 06-01-2023, 03:11 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
The thing is, this really isn't news. Sarasota has always been way up there in the "wealthiest" areas rankings, even decades back.

Old 06-01-2023, 03:59 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Guilty as charged...extremely guilty, because my stats far exceed those cited.

Does that make me bad?

I have been poor, & I have been discriminated against, so I should have a special exemption.

Will this become a rich people bad thread?
Does government retirement count as well in the stats? As we've talked about before a lot of the wealth coming into Florida and our area is due to bloated government pensions. Around here I see a lot of it. Some get more than 100k a year and then cost of living escalators on top of it in addition to your social security check and any investments you're getting dividends. I can see a retired government worker pulling in close to 200k a year with the big pension, Social security and interests from stocks. Retired and making more than most private sector workers.

If you're former military you could be pulling in more if you're VA disabled on top of it depending on your percentage.

Old 06-01-2023, 04:07 PM

Many of the affluent people I know are retired gov't workers.

Old 06-01-2023, 04:21 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Many of the affluent people I know are retired gov't workers.
The downside is many of those government jobs are boring. if you stick it out for years though then you make $$.

The upside is it's very hard to lose your job, don't have layoffs or worry about if your business is going to go belly up.

Do you think government jobs are good for recently college grads since they're pretty stable?

What's the best government state or federal agency to get into to make big money and nice pension?

Old 06-02-2023, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
The downside is many of those government jobs are boring. if you stick it out for years though then you make $$.

The upside is it's very hard to lose your job, don't have layoffs or worry about if your business is going to go belly up.

Do you think government jobs are good for recently college grads since they're pretty stable?

What's the best government state or federal agency to get into to make big money and nice pension?
FBI Special Agent. Interesting work, & you are forced to retire at age 57, or become fully vested after just 20 years. There are several living nearby, & they are very young, and have boatloads of cash. One is a couple who both retired from the FBI in their early 50's, & they just moved down your way to be on the water and buy a yacht to keep behind their home. Great people who helped keep us all safe for a collective 40 years.

I also have a couple who both were at HHS, & they do very well too, & have a nice boat.

Another couple are both retired from the Postal Service...mid-level managers who used to have a yacht up North, but don't have one currently.

Air traffic controllers do very well too, but that is mondane work.

I'd estimate 1/10th of my community is retired gov't workers, or quasi gov't workers...fed gov't contractors....all affluent.

I suggested fed gov't to our recently graduated Son, & he scoffed at it, but then wound up at a fed gov't contractor.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 06-02-2023 at 04:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: