Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2023, 06:25 AM

8,241 posts, read 4,660,305 times

Advertisements

https://www.yourobserver.com/news/20...new-residents/

Sarasota is the No. 2 market in the country for relocating, according to Clearwater-based PODS Enterprises. The portable moving and storage solutions company identifies the top 20 cities people are moving to with the release of its annual relocation trends report.

The report analyzes consumer movements throughout the past 15 months. Sarasota slipped one spot from the No. 1 position in last year’s report, replaced at the top by Myrtle Beach, South Carolina/Wilmington, North Carolina, which jumped up five positions from No. 6.

Florida saw the largest increase in new residents among all states, with six markets earning a spot on the list. Other Florida markets in the top 20 are Orlando, No. 3; Ocala, No. 4; Jacksonville, No. 8; Tampa Bay, No. 9; and Melbourne, No. 12.

Economics appear to be the largest factor influencing consumers' decisions to move, with low tax rates, warmer weather and more affordable housing prices providing the primary motivation. This is a change from the 2022 report, when movers were primarily influenced by the opportunity to work remotely and moved to be closer to loved ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------

For the full PODS Enterprises report:

https://www.pods.ca/fr/blog/2023/05/moving-trends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2023, 06:35 AM

563 posts, read 551,214 times
not surprising, we live in paradise!

Old 06-28-2023, 05:20 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Since when is Myrtle Beach Wilmington a city?

They are not even in the same state.

These are 2 separate cities, that are 77 miles apart!

This would be like saying Sarasota Fort Myers....which are only 76 miles apart.

Thus, Sarasota is still #1, but they've erroneously merged 2 separate cities together.

If they added Sarasota + Fort Myers together, they would jump ahead of Myrtle Beach + Wilmington.

Old 06-28-2023, 07:17 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Since when is Myrtle Beach Wilmington a city?

They are not even in the same state.

These are 2 separate cities, that are 77 miles apart!

This would be like saying Sarasota Fort Myers....which are only 76 miles apart.

Thus, Sarasota is still #1, but they've erroneously merged 2 separate cities together.

If they added Sarasota + Fort Myers together, they would jump ahead of Myrtle Beach + Wilmington.
The region of Southwest FL is large.

I lived in Naples from 1991 to 2002 before moving back to St. Louis for awhile. My moms side moved to Naples in 1980.

When I lived in Florida the first time it seems everyone lumped Bradenton and Sarasota in with Southwest Florida. Sarasota almost always called southwest Florida. Venice always. Bradenton most of the time.

Now you hardly hear that anymore. It's usually clumped in with the Tampa metro area.

Why is that? That area grown so much it's basically one area from there to Tampa?

Old 06-28-2023, 08:20 PM

2,341 posts, read 2,289,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
The region of Southwest FL is large.

I lived in Naples from 1991 to 2002 before moving back to St. Louis for awhile. My moms side moved to Naples in 1980.

When I lived in Florida the first time it seems everyone lumped Bradenton and Sarasota in with Southwest Florida. Sarasota almost always called southwest Florida. Venice always. Bradenton most of the time.

Now you hardly hear that anymore. It's usually clumped in with the Tampa metro area.

Why is that? That area grown so much it's basically one area from there to Tampa?
I’ve never really considered Sarasota part of SW Florida. Different demographic, differnt media market, different climate (tropical vs not quite tropical). For me, SW Florida starts at Punta Gorda.

Old 06-29-2023, 06:07 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
The builders and realtors (& all the related commerce) are having a field day with this growth.

I'm not sure how much of it I want to deal with. Off-season is fine, but the heat is wearing me down. In-season crowds and traffic is becoming dreadful. I go out to lunch instead of dinner, and stock up on things to minimize my trips out.

I may wind up taking Shekkie's place as the local berater of all newcommers....speaking of Shekkie????

Old 06-29-2023, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The builders and realtors (& all the related commerce) are having a field day with this growth.

I'm not sure how much of it I want to deal with. Off-season is fine, but the heat is wearing me down. In-season crowds and traffic is becoming dreadful. I go out to lunch instead of dinner, and stock up on things to minimize my trips out.

I may wind up taking Shekkie's place as the local berater of all newcommers....speaking of Shekkie????
My beef is since its a lot of old people they drive sooooo slow! Even in the summer I deal with this.

Old 06-29-2023, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
I’ve never really considered Sarasota part of SW Florida. Different demographic, differnt media market, different climate (tropical vs not quite tropical). For me, SW Florida starts at Punta Gorda.
One way it differs from tampa metro area is sarasota County is the second oldest median age in the state of florida!! Hillsborough county is one of the younger demographics.

Manatee county down to collier county is very old age compared to Tampa metro area.

Sarasota is basically becoming like Naples. Old, wealthy people. Too old and cranky for my taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area