U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:17 PM

19 posts, read 43,921 times

Advertisements

So now that we have a destination, where are the "better" places in the above mentioned areas to rent? My girlfriend may end up working over off 26th and 301 in Bradenton and it would be nice to live somewhere in the vicinity. I have been reading the posts re: crime in Bradenton and would really not want to live in a "less than ideal" area for a white, middle-class, couple. No kids so school is not a problem.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 11:55 AM

656 posts, read 1,221,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidale View Post
My girlfriend may end up working over off 26th and 301 in Bradenton and it would be nice to live somewhere in the vicinity.
Actually, it wouldn't be. Not a good area at all.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:35 PM

Well, how about at Anna Maria? I've found a couple of nice looking rentals over there. Actually, it's where she used to live.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:58 PM

656 posts, read 1,221,177 times
You don't necessarily need to move all the way to the island. If you do,
when they close the one bridge traffic will be Sanibel-ish.
It would be good to look 5 or so miles east or west of there.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:53 PM

Thanks. We'll keep all this in mind when I Google Earth the area...again.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:45 AM

1,939 posts, read 5,920,082 times
Make sure you stay near 59th St.. I wouldn't go any further East than that. You'll be in some pretty sketchy areas. The further west you go the safer you are. You can find nice condo's around there.. Check out "The Palms of Cortez" which is actually 51st, it's the exception,it's very nice and it's gated. You can rent annually or buy there for cheap.There are also some areas near Manatee avenue. I'd consider renting too before buying, you may decide you don't want to live in that area at all. My husband and I are in our 30's, middle class and white, we are renting in the area. We would never buy here, only if we could go NW but can't afford that! Try Colonial Grand of Palma Sola Apartments on 75th, or Perico Bay...Again, we live here but aren't staying.. the people are nice and it's a very friendly area, it's just too risky. The bad areas are all over..

Old 07-01-2008, 07:53 AM

4,849 posts, read 13,287,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidale View Post
So now that we have a destination, where are the "better" places in the above mentioned areas to rent? My girlfriend may end up working over off 26th and 301 in Bradenton and it would be nice to live somewhere in the vicinity. I have been reading the posts re: crime in Bradenton and would really not want to live in a "less than ideal" area for a white, middle-class, couple. No kids so school is not a problem.
You might want to look at the apartments next to the Manatee River downtown. That's your closest proximity to 26th Ave & 301. There's brand new complexes over there.

Otherwise, Perico Island or AMI...but only if gas is not going to be an issue to contend with, also, you will have to deal with beach traffic...not bad in summer but gets old during season.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:50 PM

95 posts, read 338,279 times
That area is real bad. I would consider moving towards the west side of Bradenton if you looking for a nice place to live.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:03 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,022,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard View Post
Actually, it wouldn't be. Not a good area at all.
Agreed.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the info. It's looking more and more like Bradenton (Girlfriend) although I like what I've seen in and around Sarasota. ALL of the Central Gulf Coast looks good to me after the incredibly crappy summer we've had here in Alaska. I think I could live in a yurt anywhere there after this! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area