Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 08:04 AM

128 posts, read 424,158 times

Advertisements

We are in process of looking to purchase a property in Venice (almost made a decision on the property we want) We intend to spend between 3 to 6 months each year and the remaining time in UK.
As we would like to purchase a car in Florida, instead of renting one for such a long period, my question is: Does anyone know if it is possible to garage a car in the Orlando area (near airport) ie at the garage it is purchased from. Or does anyone know of any transport service from Orlando to the Guld coast area. All info appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 09:21 AM

3 posts, read 31,233 times
hello there. I just wondered if you had found a solution to your transport problem, as we may soon be buying in that area and, like you will spend time both in Florida and UK. I see there is a Greyhound bus from the airport but this takes 5 hours to Sarasota so isn't ideal. Hope to hear back, Thanks.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:15 AM

Hi Joan, Never got any replies to my question. Don't think this is the right forum for our query, as most people are more local and wouldn't have this problem. I was thinking there could have been someone with a business of picking people up at the airports and taking them to their properties. That way we could buy a car and keep it in the garage instead of keep hiring a car, which is quite expensive for long stays.

We also have a property in Spain. There is a car sales garage that will sell you a car, then store it. You notify them with the details of your flight and they have your own car parked in the airport car park waiting for you. You leave your car at the airport when you leave and the garage picks it up and stores it again for you.

Great idea and service. I might put a message on the Orlando forum - see if anyone does anything in that area, nearer to the airports - for the 'tourists'

Old 08-15-2008, 09:04 AM

960 posts, read 1,687,198 times
Suggestion...

Janet2007, since you have two vacation homes (in Spain and Florida) and Joan R is buying a vacation home to go with her home in the England also...

How about spending a couple of your Euros on a commuter flight from Orlando to Sarasota?

There is bus/taxi service available to the Sarasota airport from anywhere in Sarasota County and nearby counties.

JMO...but if you have to resort to using Orlando as your entry airport and have to use Greyhound (in order to save your money)...then maybe you can't afford or shouldn't buy vacation homes in foreign countries.

Last edited by Carbondated; 08-15-2008 at 09:12 AM..

Old 08-15-2008, 09:56 AM

Janet. Many thanks for reply. Yes that is a good system. Maybe you will find something similar in the area you are buying in. Why Venice. We are still researching but not going out until November, so am interested.

Carbondated. Thank you for your suggestions and interest. Unfortunately I don't think after a 9 hour plane journey from England I want to fly to Sarasota via Miami, taking between 6 and 12 hours...... but it was a good idea !!

Old 08-15-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanR View Post
Carbondated. Thank you for your suggestions and interest. Unfortunately I don't think after a 9 hour plane journey from England I want to fly to Sarasota via Miami, taking between 6 and 12 hours...... but it was a good idea !!

You are almost welcome.

JoanR - Since you are not going to be visiting until November...

How about changing your entry airport to Tampa? Tampa is an international airport as well. British Airways has a daily non-stop. There is an airport shuttle service available to Sarasota from Tampa.

However...if you have already decided to use one of those cheap charter airlines like MyTravel.com/Thomas Cook, or First Choice airlines in order to save some of your Pounds...you will be stuck.

Enjoy

Last edited by Carbondated; 08-15-2008 at 10:44 AM..

Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 AM

Carbondated. Can't go into the many reasons I have for travelling to Orlando, but thanks for the suggestion, may use at a later date.

Sorry to disappoint you but I won't be travelling on a cheapie airline so have spent quite a lot of those euros already! Thought I might get a stretch limo with the rest!!

Problem is solved however with a one way car hire. Cheers

Old 08-15-2008, 01:17 PM

Hi Joan, We are also out in November, so can we hitch a ride in your limo!!!!

Carobonated - why do you think we afford to have two vacation homes, plus our main residences. Yes, you guessed - it's because we cannot afford the transport from the airport in Orlando to our home in Venice!!!

Old 08-15-2008, 01:20 PM

Joan - if you would like some details of why we are buying in Venice, don't hesitate to contac me. Also I can give you the name and details of a very good realtor/buyers agent. He couldn't do enough for us, got us a very good reduction on price - $50000+. It doesn't cost you anything for his services, he gets paid buy sellers agent. I would strongly recommend him.

Regards

Janet

Old 08-15-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet2007 View Post
Carobonated - why do you think we afford to have two vacation homes, plus our main residences. Yes, you guessed - it's because we cannot afford the transport from the airport in Orlando to our home in Venice!!!
Good for you.
Why isn't your personal assistant gathering this information for you?

Umm and as far as affording vacation housing over here, it's not that big of a stretch when the dollar is half the value of the pound.

I must have jumped to the conclusion you were looking for bargains...after all you were perusing Macys for furniture. My mistake...
And I must have jumped to the conclusion that you were like many of your countrymen...bargain basement shoppers.

btw...stretch limos scream tacky new money.....lol

You stated that all info was appreciated....so lets just go with that shall we?

Last edited by Carbondated; 08-15-2008 at 02:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area