Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 08:41 AM

7 posts, read 29,307 times

Advertisements

Could someone tell me a little about Parrish, FL. What high school would my son go to if living there? We have been looking to relocate to Sarasota and I came across a really nice house in Parrish. Is this a nice town?

Thanks,
Darla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 08:54 AM

7 posts, read 17,279 times
Any plumbing and or construction jobs available in Florida?

Last edited by addison88671; 07-13-2008 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: forgot title change from parrish to plumbing jobs

Old 07-13-2008, 08:57 AM

7 posts, read 17,279 times
Default Plumbing?

Is there any plumbing and or construction jobs availible in Florida???

Old 07-13-2008, 09:43 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,801,192 times
Parrish is not in Sarasota county it's in Manatee county. My guess is that the high school would be one of these five schools- Bayshore, Braden River, Manatee, Southeast or Lakewood Ranch. Here's a link to more info and opinions on each one.
Manatee schools, Bradenton - FL: charter and public schools. Bradenton school district - Bradenton FL school district

I was born in Bradenton but I haven't lived in the Bradenton area for quite some time. I think the poster named Carbondated has done quite a lot of research in the Parrish area and can probably answer many of your questions.

Addison-The construction field has taken a big hit with the housing downturn. There isn't a big market for construction right now in Florida. My guess is that when many of the homes that are on the market get sold and less are coming on the market, then there will be more jobs in construction. It's the old supply and demand theory.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:13 PM

544 posts, read 1,464,220 times
Parrish is dead boring.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:29 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,671,573 times
Parrish is a small rural community in Manatee County. There's NOTHING out there, believe me.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:09 AM

960 posts, read 1,672,190 times
I like Parrish. It is beautiful, rural, peaceful, and very safe. There are many subdivisions with young families and there are plenty of different types of homes to choose from... starter to estate.
If you are looking for a urban atmosphere, then Parrish is out. If you don't like driving a bit to stores, schools, etc., then it is not a place to consider.

The grade "A" high schools in Manatee County are Braden River and Lakewood Ranch. The default high school for Parrish is Palmetto HS, which has low marks. However, there were plans to build a high school in Parrish in a couple of years and you can always try enrolling in the Schools Choice program. Here's a brochure about it.
http://www.schools.manatee.k12.fl.us...ll_version.pdf

Here's a link to the Manatee County School Board as well.
School District of Manatee County Florida

Hope that helps.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:45 PM

95 posts, read 354,331 times
Parrish is a nice little, yet boring town in Manatee County. There isn`t as much do unlike most cities in Florida. Its great if you like the quite and peaceful living but would hate it if you hate to travel and or looking for a diverse atmosphere.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:44 AM

544 posts, read 1,464,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Parrish is a small rural community in Manatee County. There's NOTHING out there, believe me.

You live there? My mom just moved there and I cant see why.
They say its growing but like they say, dont believe everything you hear.
Sure I can see a wal mart coming but does that and other strip malls improve a town? nope. Why I look forward to going to St Pete when I can.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,671,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltinjohn View Post
You live there? My mom just moved there and I cant see why.
They say its growing but like they say, dont believe everything you hear.
Sure I can see a wal mart coming but does that and other strip malls improve a town? nope. Why I look forward to going to St Pete when I can.
I live in Bradenton. Went to Parrish once about 4 years ago. The place was farmland. There was one gas station, and that was it. The roads were dirt roads, but all farmland. If there is ANYTHING in Parrish by 2011, I'll be surprised!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area